scoraxium

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
irta
Sojourner

scoraxium

Postby irta » Thu Jul 31, 2003 3:05 am

Scoraxium needs to have a good quest scale on him (when you quest him not when you kill him on AP). I ask all the time for help with him and nobody wants to do it cause it's 2-3 hours of work with lots of deaths and no rewards but any but the elementalist.

For a favor of this magnitude, people want at least the possibility of getting something nice out of it. I imagine the new eq rules would allow for something pretty nice given the difficulty of smiting Scoraxium and friends.

Make it happen! Thanks.
Mitharx
Sojourner

Postby Mitharx » Thu Jul 31, 2003 6:36 am

Damn Irta, I'll go. Will be my third Scor this month. I really expect nothing in return cept a rewarded mentalist. Favors don't necessarily have to involve getting something back in return. That's just doing something for the reward of that item. I see favors as doing something for the reward of making someone happy and helping. I'm pretty sure there are others who would go with me on this and come help in the fight. Not sure who you've been asking and who's been too busy and what-not tho.
Deltin
Sojourner

Postby Deltin » Thu Jul 31, 2003 11:16 am

the person could always offer up a token reward if they feel that strong about it ie. dice group winner gets 1k in plat or some extra item. why people don't do this I have no idea, it would be a way of saying thank you for the help, at least offer maybe no one would care or want anything but the offer is still nice.
Shargaas
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Shargaas » Fri Aug 01, 2003 12:39 am

For a favor of this magnitude, people want at least the possibility of getting something nice out of it. I imagine the new eq rules would allow for something pretty nice given the difficulty of smiting Scoraxium and friends.

There is barely enough points for the one really nice item it gives. The best you can offer your group-mates is a shot of prestige and maybe a fresh pcorpse.

When I went into putting together the quest, I felt as if the spell is nice to have but does not make or break the class. I wanted to give those who did finish the quest something to brag about, and a year and a half later it looks the quest is doing a good job. Meanwhile, those who have not had the time or opprotunities still get into zone groups. They are at 95% and striving for more
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Fri Aug 01, 2003 1:02 am

That fight gives an item with stats? Thought it was just some quest piece for the next step. Wow I should bid it next time then :P
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Sun Aug 03, 2003 12:21 pm

I blame Lilithelle's ninja antics for the influx of elemenatlists, scold! *giggles*

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”