Earthmother staff

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
Larem
Sojourner

Earthmother staff

Postby Larem » Sun Aug 03, 2003 6:35 am

i have the idea that this would be better if made 1h instead of 2h

i can see where the 2h idea might have came into play, there are staff quests upon the airship for mages, but these staves are weapons and have random proc's, the earthmother staff on the other hand is not a weapon, nor does it have a random proc

in my opinion, the earthmother staff is an orb with a called proc, it hasta recharge for a fairly long time, and doesn't stay charged, and only charges if you hold it, druids have many options on what to put in thier hands, 24hp 4maxwis just doesn't appeal to many, which is why most of the druids who have them, never use the earthmother staff, we can place 2 items in our hands and recieve more of a benefit

i think that because it is such a rare item, and even more, it's rare on a rare that the fact that it is 2h makes it undesirable is really wierd, don't get me wrong, i love it and everything, it's just that a 2h held item that isn't very good and only has 1 really nice effect that takes such a long time to even be usuable is kinda lame

i think most anyone would rather hold 2 orbs or even another more hp or saves held item and a shield than use this staff, it's such a neat staff i'd love to see it changed to 1h and make it more of a sensible item, if it should lose certain things by moving to 1h, i don't think that would hurt it, like losing a couple maxwis or hp would be well worth losing the 2h part

just a thought from a druid
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Sun Aug 03, 2003 12:19 pm

agree...

... and make it blue aswell

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”