Noob Helper Idea

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
Ambar
Sojourner

Noob Helper Idea

Postby Ambar » Mon Aug 11, 2003 3:34 am

hmm this was actually Llaaldara's idea .. but here we go ...

newbie helpers ... should be able to relo to other side racewar in their capacity as helpers ..... i know as a helper i often relo to new people to show them things, spell them up, whatever ...

but we were faced with a situation tonight where a new player was going to walk from BG to WD ... and was lost ... i was the only relocater online i guess ... and couldnt do it ...

i'm not sure if it could be coded where we could relo to them if they were below level 20 or something where we couldnt abuse it ....

what y'all think??
ssar
Sojourner

Postby ssar » Mon Aug 11, 2003 4:05 am

This could certainly have it's uses, I beleive.
I dunno if its prone to abuse somehow, but then again if any helper executes any such abuse we should cop it hard.
Is worth looking into I think.
BEER
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Mon Aug 11, 2003 4:08 am

thats kinda what i was thinking too, Sh .. but hell typically if it can be abused .. it WILL be

-Jen
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Mon Aug 11, 2003 7:30 am

What if it was logged into a file some place? So you could see who relo'd to who of wut other race. Not all relos, just relo's of newbie helpers to people -20th oppossite racewar side?

Or maybe instead of being able to relo, if it was just policy to allow a newbie helper a trans to the person in this case? :roll:

Just trying to think of ways to make it work.

Maybe only Newbie Helper Co-ords or something could do it. Like there was a position above Newbie Helper that you could apply for sorta?

I dunno. :roll:
Nekler BlazingWolf
Sojourner

Postby Nekler BlazingWolf » Mon Aug 11, 2003 3:16 pm

When I was a helper on Soj2, I remember getting trans'd around to help newbies out if there was a god on that was able to do it.
Dunno if the policy has changed now tho or not.
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Sat Aug 16, 2003 12:34 am

Well, keep in mind it is technically possible for some classes (Illu, anyone?) to get to evilrace locations and help. Of course, they can't relo directly, which is the main problem . . .

Well, if they can get there anyway, does it do serious harm to balance to allow them to get there directly instead of making them take an hour?
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Sat Aug 16, 2003 3:31 pm

my point was .... i think? (let me ask self and see)

that often if you type who helper .. a LOT are on .. but it seems like the same people help always and the same people remain silent ... often times it is a noob goodie on and i cant help them due to the fact i cant relo to them .. and none of the goodie helpers are helping ...

does that make sense?? it is out of frustration and not being able to do my job as helper that i made this suggestion .... i'd rather see the new person get helped by an evil than to get frustrated and quit ...

o bah why dont i just level my goodie so i can get relo ....
Stamm
Sojourner

Postby Stamm » Sat Aug 16, 2003 4:26 pm

Been playing muds for a while and I've always felt the best help you can give someone is explaining things, how they work, why they work, and how to learn more about it and make the best of it. Doesn't mean you have to be in the room with the person to do it, it helps of course if you can show them, but not being able to be with them shouldn't mean you can't help at all.
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Sun Aug 17, 2003 7:32 am

said nothing of the kind :P

i merely said it would be easier if i could relo to the new person ..

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”