The Forgotten Melee Classes - Paladin, Anti-Paladins, Ranger

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Sat Aug 30, 2003 3:50 pm

8)

Would you trade your avenger to me, Pril?
Yalar
Sojourner

errrrrrrrr....

Postby Yalar » Sat Aug 30, 2003 6:33 pm

Great great points Jolth on rangers/dires getting trip but don forget to mention us we basicaly evil rangers.
Joth
Sojourner

Postby Joth » Fri Sep 05, 2003 10:54 pm

Yalar,

That is true, well lets see what comes about from the thread :).
Ionari
Sojourner

Postby Ionari » Sat Sep 06, 2003 3:47 am

Be grateful the gods removed the alignment restriction once imposed upon Rangers and Paladins not being allowed to group with evil aligned characters.

The above change change along with goodies / evilies being able to trade/sell/buy/give items between the races just shocked me.

What have these realms come to?

Io
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Sat Sep 06, 2003 5:31 am

Ionari wrote:Be grateful the gods removed the alignment restriction once imposed upon Rangers and Paladins not being allowed to group with evil aligned characters.

When I played an evil aligned goodie character, it always seemed to be more of my restriction than the paladin's or ranger's. Then, this one time I made a trade with a paladin for an item, and the paladin got stripped of his paladinhood, and then had the gall to yell at me for trading with him. He said that I should have made sure that he wasn't a paladin before doing the trade. I had a hearty laugh that night.
Ionari
Sojourner

Postby Ionari » Sat Sep 06, 2003 6:01 am

Yayaril wrote:He said that I should have made sure that he wasn't a paladin before doing the trade.

I know how that feels. I laid hands on an evil aligned pc and it killed me. I never thought to look for a (red aura) first... :)
Treladian
Sojourner

Postby Treladian » Sat Sep 06, 2003 8:37 pm

Yayaril wrote:When I played an evil aligned goodie character, it always seemed to be more of my restriction than the paladin's or ranger's. Then, this one time I made a trade with a paladin for an item, and the paladin got stripped of his paladinhood, and then had the gall to yell at me for trading with him. He said that I should have made sure that he wasn't a paladin before doing the trade. I had a hearty laugh that night.

During Soj1/Toril, it tended to screw over the paladins and rangers. The only monks without a red aura I ever saw were Dayn and Yasden and warriors were similarily biased in alignment so that they could get access to dbone bracelets and other evil-only uber eq.

During Soj2, a lot of that uber eq got removed or brought into line with the eq downgrades so it generally would up screwing over the evil aligned goodies more since warriors started being good aligned again. Generally. Necros still could get the rangers and paladins excluded by themselves. Assassins basically became the new mercenaries though.

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”