About group sizes...how about room limits....

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
Iaiken
Sojourner

About group sizes...how about room limits....

Postby Iaiken » Mon Jan 29, 2001 11:03 pm

While the group limit is a great idea, it might be more powerful if it was used in tangent with the limmiting the number of people allowed in a room. More specificly, the rooms that the S3 team doesn't want to be twinkable...

On the MUD that had tided me over until the reopening of Sojourn, the hardest mob in the game was hard not because of the large number of people required to tackle it. Rather, it was near impossible beacause only three people were allowed into the room at once and it was a noflee/teleport/recall area...So, should you wish to attack the mob you would have to commit 100% to the battle.

Not to mention, the mob would disarm you and throw your weapon out of the room...

Just a thought...tell me what you think,

Iaiken, Paladin of Torm.
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Tue Jan 30, 2001 12:17 am

Worldwide room size limits would most likely be just far too difficult a task to balance correctly - Sojourn has ALOT of rooms, getting them all just right would be....ugh.

However, enforcing limits in a select few rooms where the zone maker wishes it is more feasible, though possibly at conflict with the fact that the rest of the world doesn't work that way.

There are other ways to limit how many people can be in a room - teleport doors/portals can allow a finite number of uses, that's one way. If you've ever done the spider gaunt/dscales quest you'll know what I mean.

Um, so anyways...while I doubt we'll ever enforce room size limits in all rooms, we can certainly do it in special cases to make a particular zone or fight tougher. One way or another.

-- Shevy

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”