Doorbash

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
Zortan
Sojourner

Doorbash

Postby Zortan » Sun Feb 04, 2001 1:33 am

I'm wondering if doorbash is going to get a revamping... I think it was kind of silly that this was an innate ability available only to ogres, though they would be best at it. Its ridiculous to presume a troll at 100 strength couldnt bash in a rickety wooden gate or something let alone a strong door...
Perhaps make it a universal skill based on strength which ogres would excel at while utterly useless to halfllings, squids, etc.
any ideas?
-Z
Tilandal
Sojourner

Postby Tilandal » Sun Feb 04, 2001 2:30 am

Interesting Idea. Doorbash could be based on weight and strength. The thing is it wasnt all that useful. Whenever you bashed down a door you would be stunned and EVERTHING in the room you found yourself in would be agro to you. Im not sure where it was actually useful. Maybe some ogre players could comment on it?
Braggo
Sojourner

Postby Braggo » Sun Feb 04, 2001 9:35 pm

I don't really know about the aggro thing once ya doorbash a door seeing how about the only time I used it was dbashing the trapped door for the fly helm...I never was attacked by anything if I actually made it(hey it does happen occasionally) not really sure if there was or wasn't any mobs in there, it's been too long :(

Braggo Boulderbasher
Tilandal
Sojourner

Postby Tilandal » Sun Feb 04, 2001 11:12 pm

hmm, Yeah I remember that use for doorbash. Did the trap go off if you missed?
Braggo
Sojourner

Postby Braggo » Mon Feb 05, 2001 7:32 pm

yep the trap went off if you touched the door in ANY way :) and it hurt too haha, when I did it I was almost always with Oss so I just wore all of his +hp eq.

Braggo
Caedym
Sojourner

Postby Caedym » Mon Feb 05, 2001 7:42 pm

I agree, this skill should be weight, and strength based - Not racially based. It's wierd that all races don't have the ability to 'Open Doors' based on their strength score, no matter how insignificantly small of a percentage some races could have it set as. But I doubt the staff wants to code a way of keeping record of who tried to open a door per boot, since if they didn't people would just doorbash over and over and over until they got it. Course I don't see a halfling being able to open some doors, but maybe if an ogre thru him at one, he'd make a good battering ram/canon ball? Any Bimble's wanna volunteer? *smirk*

Bottom line, I don't see why not give it to some really big fat barbarians, and trolls as well.

I admit, this skill can be a life saver at times, like when I got stuck with some friends in the ghore vault and the mob repop'd after we killed him 1 min later, thereby closing the door on us as well. OGRE DOORBASH UP!! FREEDOM!! Wahoo! 15hps left from tanking for the ogres so someone could doorbash??? RoAR!!!!

My two Zhents,

Caedym Shadowhock
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Mon Feb 05, 2001 8:39 pm

Sure, make it weight based, just make it 1000lbs + ...

Cherzra
Braggo
Sojourner

Postby Braggo » Mon Feb 05, 2001 11:15 pm

haha I was only 1072 lbs and I was a female ogre and one of the biggest ones at that Image

Braggo
Eilorn
Sojourner

Postby Eilorn » Tue Feb 06, 2001 5:24 am

It should be a function of the PC weight, strength, and door buffness.... I'm sure there are some doors that a fat, strong, halfling could bash through. And I'm sure even the studliest ogre is not going to bash through the gates at Waterdeep.

Eilorn

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”