Myranthea - Cyric etc, please read!

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
Malacar
Sojourner

Myranthea - Cyric etc, please read!

Postby Malacar » Wed Feb 07, 2001 3:02 pm

Any chance this zone will be going back in, only under a different name? It was one of my favorite zones, and had some seriously cool stuff. I'd be willing to go through it to make it more 'Forgotten Realms-ish' if that's even a possibility. I'm very good with words, and since the MUD isn't up, I need something to do with my time. I don't wanna step on anyones toes, since it isn't my zone, and would totally understand if the answer was no.

Note: If the reply is yes to this, I don't want a permanent god character. I want to play more than code/area/admin... Hope that doesn't offend anyone. Image
Raiwen
Sojourner

Postby Raiwen » Thu Feb 08, 2001 12:44 am

I'm glad you said something, I really like that zone, too. A nice mid-leveler zone IMO.
Grev
Sojourner

Postby Grev » Thu Feb 08, 2001 5:52 pm

myranthea was one of my favorite zones as a sojourn newbie. you could just go there and get elven eyeglasses and sell them for 10 plat each in waterdeep! Image hmm didnt cloak of ceres and some sort of magical gloves come from there too? hehe it was a great zone with a great feel, the 2d7 +2 +2 mage only sword was fun too Image anyway i think it should be re-instated and never knew why it was taken out in the first place!
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Thu Feb 08, 2001 6:09 pm

It was originally taken out(as far as I know at least), due to it's lack of complying with the theme of the Forgotten Realms. I can understand this, but letting such a cool zone fall by the wayside is a travesty! Image

If it can be 'FR-ized', it would be a great re-addition to the game. Dragonia could get readded too... Just make it into a dungeon of sorts for the Cult of the Dragon or something... Just needs some tweaking. Image

Mal
Joth
Sojourner

Postby Joth » Fri Feb 09, 2001 4:13 am

I miss that zone too. It was cool first leading to complete the Knights Test with Modu. And when we came to the end of it, and saw all those mobs in the room.

I must admit I was scared a little; then Cerze and Jerra went right in and started fighting Image, and everyone else followed in except Modu and I Image.
agreiver
Sojourner

Postby agreiver » Mon Feb 12, 2001 3:44 pm

I'll bump this... Apart from not complying with the FR theme, Myranthea was a great well thought out zone.
Cyric
FORGER AREAS

Postby Cyric » Mon Feb 12, 2001 4:41 pm

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings, but way back when Myranthea was taken out, we made an effort to convert it, and it just isn't all it's cracked up to be. The descriptions are horrendous and would require a complete rewrite, the mobs are silly, the equipment was WAY overpowered and entirely too numerous, and it just wasn't worth the effort.

The vnums have been re-used elsewhere, and some parts of the zone, particularly the green goblin caves and that dwarf, have been readded to the mud elsewhere (although I'm not sure anyone ever found them).

The knight's test is also being reused elsewhere, but you'll have to wait and see. Image

And finally, Dragonnia is a heaping pile of dung. Here're a couple of quotes from the mob and world files:

"This is a very big dragon, simply dressed, whit his dark green
scales covered with something that seems like oil. He was able to
get the title of sentinel, by killing the one that was before him.
He is a speciallized assassin as well."

" There are a lot of colorful rocks but can't be seen at all for the
moss. The moss formed in the walls make them very slippery plus the
slop turns this place to a fall trap without exit."

These are the BEST descriptions I could find. Again, a complete rewrite is in order, and a city of well dressed dragons is just plain silly.

Now, on an up note, there will be a bunch of zones added when we reopen, so don't fret. Image

R
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Mon Feb 12, 2001 4:47 pm

I'd definitely be interested in seeing the 'new' Knight's quest... That was one of my fav things. Image

On a side note... Cyric, I might email you in the next bit here. I kinda have an idea for a zone that I want to run by you. Trying to track down your email, though I think it's on sojourn3.org... Will go check that now.

Mal
Faerwynd
Sojourner

Postby Faerwynd » Mon Feb 12, 2001 5:10 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Cyric:
<B>The vnums have been re-used elsewhere, and some parts of the zone, particularly the green goblin caves and that dwarf, have been readded to the mud elsewhere (although I'm not sure anyone ever found them).
</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow no way. There's some inspiration for going back to s3 if I ever heard it =P

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Cyric:
<B>The knight's test is also being reused elsewhere, but you'll have to wait and see. Image
</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Again, NO WAY! Hehehe, that's awesome. I think the zone in its entirity was great, but of course I didn't read _all_ the room descripts. I'd say if someone volunteered to check it, let them have at it! Heh but if you already cannabilized it, no point in worrying about it. Did y'all keep Castle Volheru?

And finally, Dragonnia is a heaping pile of dung.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know that anyone argued against that point. The eq was cool though. *duck*

If you've never been to Draggonia you wouldn't understand. However the idea of a dragon city is something for one of you aspiring area makers to write =)

le jaeb

[This message has been edited by Faerwynd (edited 02-12-2001).]
Galok Icewolf
Sojourner

Postby Galok Icewolf » Mon Feb 12, 2001 5:46 pm

I was a newbie before soj2, so I never went to myranthea. I heard it was decent, but those excerpts cracked me up. Omg that was funny. I'm definately looking forward to exploring the new zones. Image

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”