Spell mem bug

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
Eilorn
Sojourner

Spell mem bug

Postby Eilorn » Wed Feb 07, 2001 5:59 pm

Something that's always bugged me about memming: if you tend to put your spellbooks into a bag, invariably you'll forget to take them out for memming, and you'll get all the way to the time for the first spell mem, and it will say "Hmm... did you misplace your spellbooks" or something. The check should really come when you set down to mem, you'd really notice at that point that you didn't have your spellbooks out.

Eilorn
Harthorm
Sojourner

Postby Harthorm » Fri Feb 09, 2001 2:00 am

Yeah, I always found that to be a problem, too.

One other, somewhat related and somewhat off-topic idea: Let us label our spellbooks. We could already write notes in Soj. before it went down, would it be so hard to allow this on a spellbook? This would help when you've got multiple books (for backup, etc.) or are carrying a friend's and don't want to get them mixed up.

exam book
You glance at the cover of a spellbook and read the title: "Harthorm's Book of Erotica... errr Spells, Vol. 1"

Harthorm/Twiblin
Pheten
Sojourner

Postby Pheten » Sat Feb 17, 2001 5:50 am

One other thing! Do you guys all remember how some of the spell circles, if you had cast a spell in them, but not yet rememed, and rented or camped out It would forget the spell and next time you logged in you would have You can memorize 8 (1st) circle spells, You can memorize 3 (3rd) circle spells. etc... was always annoying so thought id throw that out!
-pheten
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Sat Feb 17, 2001 8:14 am

Feetin's gift of restating the obvious still astouds and amazes me! I agree though!:P
Gindipple
Sojourner

Postby Gindipple » Sat Feb 17, 2001 8:30 am

I forget if it got fixed or not, but remember the hard to find spell cast bug? The one where you'd be casting indefinately and sometimes couldn't even abort. I died once in buff fields because it was the only thing left to do Image

Gindipple.
Tilandal
Sojourner

Postby Tilandal » Sat Feb 17, 2001 9:06 am

I think the fixed that one. I remeber being summoned to try to repeat the bug (didn't work) but I think they got it fixed in the end.
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Sat Feb 17, 2001 10:08 pm

Nod the spellbug got fixed.

- Ragorn

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”