I have a couple of ideas for zones...

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
Iaiken
Sojourner

I have a couple of ideas for zones...

Postby Iaiken » Tue Feb 06, 2001 7:43 am

I have a couple of ideas for zones... But I'm quite sure I know how to go about it...I was thinking of fleshing out the whole "On-the-way-to-Ice-Crag" area... After all, there are lots of cities in the Neverwinter area. (Red Larch, westbridge, Leilon, Triboar, Yatar, NEVERWINTER itself, among others...OH and Oodles of forests and mountains...) I think that these would make valuable additions to the world. So, if I could get some info on how to go about my proposal...please give it to me...

Iaiken, Paladin of Torm.
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Tue Feb 06, 2001 11:32 am

I think Cyric or another areas god posted here and in the SOS2 group about 3 times. He mentioned that there were an almost completed forest and zone for neverwinter on the testmud, of which the author had disappeared. So if you know who wrote it....
Galkar
Sojourner

Postby Galkar » Tue Feb 06, 2001 3:59 pm

I'm sure it's been thought of like you said cherzra, but putting some more zones, ie. cities, between WD and IC/MH would allow the high road to be extended. you could make it about twice the distance it is now, with neverwinter in the middle, the way it is between WD, BG and Calimport. Just seems it would also enhance yad's ideas for trade, in that the routes would be longer, making the trade from MH to WD more worthwhile. Even if the road were twice as long, you could still run to IC with a fly or horse in a matter of a few minutes. Just MHO to reinforce the ideas

Galkar
Zortan
Sojourner

Postby Zortan » Wed Feb 07, 2001 7:18 am

Cyric described how to go about making a zone in his thread Areas Issues/Update/Info in the general discussion forum.
-Zort
Varkus
Sojourner

Postby Varkus » Fri Feb 23, 2001 2:14 am

I, too (back in the SII days) got quite tired of the long, rather uneventful walk north from WD to IC. In that light, I began work on a Neverwinter zone. Due to the end of SII, the zone stayed in development limbo for quite some time. However, I will say that I am once again actively developing the zone(s) and that I'm hoping they'll be up and live by some time this summer. I'd personally *LOVE* to shoot for having 'em done by the time the MUD goes live...but I'm a big fan of the city and I want to make sure that she gets done right. I would really like to see some of the other cities as well (especially Triboar and Westbridge) ...but I've got a ton of ideas for Neverwinter that'll keep me busy for quite some time. I definitely don't want to build any false hype, but I'm really hoping that people enjoy the zone when all's said and done - it's good to hear that others are interested in it as well.

-Varkus
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Fri Feb 23, 2001 3:16 am

Email Cyric with your idea, and he'll hash it out with you, etc. His email is linked off the main sofourn3.org webpage.

FYI - From what I heard, they want someone to do Luskan badly... I had offered, but am finding that I don't have a ton of time to devote to a project that they need done asap. Image

Mal the studious workbee
Varkus
Sojourner

Postby Varkus » Fri Feb 23, 2001 3:37 am

Actually, I've been working with Cyric for quite some time and a few of the zones are already on the testMUD (and have been since the SII days). Image

-Varuks
Iaiken
Sojourner

Postby Iaiken » Fri Feb 23, 2001 6:06 am

Luskan? Really...I like that place, it's so...evil...LOL What better a plafce for a Pally like me to venture...

Ok, I'll contact Cyric tommorrow and hope that he doesn't laugh at me too badly...

Iaiken, Paladin of Torm

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”