buckler shields

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
Thorlin
Sojourner

buckler shields

Postby Thorlin » Mon Apr 23, 2001 1:34 am

I read something in another forum about Rogues being able to wear a shield and dual wield darts. Has there ever been any mention of buckler shields?.. a really small shield strapped on that still frees the hand up for a weapon? (albeit a small weapon, i don't see being able to wield a 1h bastard sword in an off hand w/ a buckler) Maybe this would be more reserved for a wrist slot, but I thought mebbe it could offer a minute chance to bash(poorly) and shieldblock(poorly as well) while dualling. Sorry if this seems like a min/max attempt at making warriors better =) just somethin i thought of.

Thorlin
Tilandal
Sojourner

Postby Tilandal » Mon Apr 23, 2001 2:46 am

The dual thing is a bug because rogues can fire at at target and when they stop they ahve 2 darts in there hands. It should get fixed soon.
Galkar
Sojourner

Postby Galkar » Fri Apr 27, 2001 1:04 pm

Bucklers are generally the smaller shields that strap to the wrist freeing up both hands. I personally think it's a good idea... maybe with a smaller shield like that, reduce chance for shield block, and give a slight penalty to dual wield, but gives a little better ac. Gives some middle ground between 1h and shield, and dual and no shield.

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”