suggestion for torches and lanterns

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
cherzra
Sojourner

suggestion for torches and lanterns

Postby cherzra » Sun May 06, 2001 8:25 pm

The way it is now, all those poor newbies who get caught in the dark try to light their lanterns, and receive the

'you can't seem to get it lit in this wind' message.

It always fails.

Maybe this can be changed to a percentage chance to light it? After all, no matter how windy, you can always shield it with your body, the shrubs, rocks, etc. Put just a little lag on the 'light' command to make it realistic Image
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Tue May 08, 2001 4:12 am

*agrees*

specially with lanterns. A toch might keep blowing out but shouold be able to get a shielded lantern lit almost anywhere?.. perhaps add a var to light about how hard they are to light?... kind of like torches?.. could even check it against the weather conditions to see if it possible at all or if torch would go out?..

...on the playability side... is just really annoying to be a newbie in the dark until someone gives you a magic light
Cyric
FORGER AREAS

Postby Cyric » Tue May 08, 2001 6:53 pm

Ya know all those thousands (literally) of yellow fungus food sources laying all over Toadsquat? ............
Valeos/Dorac
Sojourner

Postby Valeos/Dorac » Tue May 08, 2001 9:59 pm

Heh yeah...but how many of us just went straight to enter sojourn? Image specially the first day no one knew about the lights and we just went straight to game Image
Gindipple
Sojourner

Postby Gindipple » Tue May 08, 2001 10:36 pm

Agree, looking in around there would be akin to reading the manual Image
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Wed May 09, 2001 6:31 am

hehe :P I did "enter sojourn" straight and missed out on the eq... the light didn't bug me as much because I grabbed one from my guild (yesh, we're speeeeecial :P ). But the 1 notch ac difference or so might have meant slower leveling for me Image

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”