I Don't Care...

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
Sangdraxus Blackfire
Sojourner

I Don\'t Care...

Postby Sangdraxus Blackfire » Tue May 29, 2001 10:23 pm

I have been reading alot of posts on this board, and this probably isn't going to be the forum that this should go into, but at this point I think it needs to be in all of them... After this post I am probably going to be called "old fart" or "asshole" or "oldschool"... whatever it is we are called...

If there is one thing I have learned through my age, because I am older then most that play this mud now, and was older when I started some 7 years ago... and with the addition of my wonderful G/F is patience, and the ability to look at things from the outside... you might call this scrutinizing. This is in concerns mostly to the game as it stands right now, and actions of people within.

I read the posts from Malacar on a possible solution for Twinking/Hoarding, and I agree 100% I honestly feel that anyone who would NOT agree with it should head on back to Everquest... because as it stands right now this game is acting just like EQ... and hell you get graphics with that!... so why even play? I used to spend 10-12 hrs a day back in the day... roleplay, friends, questing, exp'n were the reasons... now it is all about EQ. I hate to disagree with you Chez on this point, but at one time this game was NOTHING about EQ... it was about enjoying the game, the people and learning it. Equipment was just an addition. Now that is all it has come down to... why?

This mud is an adaption of the most popular roleplay game in the history of roleplaying games... and yet when I log in it is just about equipment and lewt. This is the main reason why I don't log in... I am a need before greed person, have always been that way... hell, to survive as long as I did, and Tadra did, and Kalthanan did and Krel and the list goes on... you HAD to help each other to survive and you just GAVE the equipment to the people that needed it... because in the end the more stuff you had on the people that needed it... the longer you survived in the next battle.

Don't get me wrong, I am not ignorant, or blind... there were hoarders, and merchants... the difference is even those kids knew when enough was enough... now I guess they don't, it has become stupid and childish. I know alot of the base on this game HAVE to be older now... why not act like it... why do the God's have to look at posts to change code in order to save the game from idiots?? And YES I am saying that people who horde equipment on Alts even to sell are idiots... not merchants... I think Storage alt's are WRONG... if you can't carry it on yourself, then you don't need it. Earn new stuff with every character... this is called Integrity. If you can carry 4 earrings because your inventory is full, then sell the damn earrings, and go start over getting more... Do you think Merchants carried around people with them because his pockets were full? No he had a wagon... and since we don't have wagon's... you don't need a storage character... and when they decide to put them into the game, hey... Kudos... there ya go.

This is the reason Sangdraxus has not been in the realm more... it saddens me, because I know there are people that wanted to hang with me again, and that I wanted to hang with.. but I refuse to... I hate childish actions... call me old.... it doesn't bother me.... this does.

Hopefully some people will grow up and see what is happening, and obviously what it is creating in the game... this game was meant for roleplay, and friends and to play... when one person or a group of people decide that their hoarding/twinking is more important then the population of Toril, then it becomes stupid.... and not a place I want to spend time.

Thanks for the time,

------------------
Sangdraxus Blackfire
Ancient Defender of Mask - Sojourn
Leader of the Veil of Darkness

[This message has been edited by Sangdraxus Blackfire (edited 05-29-2001).]
Kiloppile
Sojourner

Postby Kiloppile » Wed May 30, 2001 12:46 am

I'm all for any ideas people have to limit the hoarding of equipment. Unfortunately, I haven't seen one yet that the hoarders wouldn't get around.

Limiting the number of a particular item you can have on you is defeated by simply using storage chars to keep the extras... or just friends (who don't need that particular item, obviously).

Delaying the pop of said items over the boot is a solution that needs some more fleshing out. I'm pretty sure the areas guys could find a way to do it, and in fact make it so that only one of each item loads per boot.

I think that's the one suggestion so far that might actually address this situation. That and a statement by the admins that you can't just sit there and kill the mob endlessly until the item pops.
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Wed May 30, 2001 2:20 am

but.. but.. I like hording eq!

living in a roach infested closet is more bearable when your mud-rich!

Corth Mundane!
Todrael
Sojourner

Postby Todrael » Wed May 30, 2001 2:22 am

I guess I'll post in this thread on eq hording.. there are plenty others to chose from. I have a bunch of eq I don't use that I've managed to get. Most notably, I have a bunch of the havenport eq, crescent silken eyepatches and gold plated gauntlets. This is because I was one of the first people able to kill the mobs with them. It's hella hard, believe me on that, and requires time and effort, but I do them anyways.. why not? Groups are only just now powerful enough to take them.. and guess what, I stopped doing them.

My eq isn't all that great for my level, but it is decent. This is due to having several friends that have a decent knowledge of the mud, and being a high level necromancer. I always said that with my friends brain/bashes, and my ability to tear mobs to itty bits and use the pieces to kill more, we can do quite a bit. And we have. I see nothing wrong with it. I don't use the eq, I don't need the eq, and I don't need the cash I could get by selling it.

The only thing I can use this eq for is trades, or to give to friends. I've given away at least 6 crescent silken eyepatches, and 4+ gold plated gauntlets. I've also traded them 10+ times for items me or my friends need.

I'm here to have fun. I only recently decided to start grouping with people, after the wraithform downgrade made the ability of my undead much more sane. I stopped in the 'race' for level 50, that I hadn't even noticed I had entered. I hand out hastes to every person I see fighting, I cast other effect spells to assist in a kill, I help when asked and nearby.. *shrugs*

Eq will always be needed/wanted and hard to get. In the last incarnation of Todrael, in the last days of Toril, I had worse equipment than every mage level 10+ that I saw. Every single one.

If the game isn't about equipment for you, then don't go for equipment. It will come naturally after you group, have fun times, do exp and cash, roleplay.. all those things you said you enjoy. Either you will have cash to buy an item you want, levels to obtain it yourself, or other equipment that would assist with it or to trade for it. The twinks can't take that away from you.

Sign on, play, have your fun times, and don't care about the eq you have. You just might find that things aren't as changed as you think.

-Todrael
Tzat
Sojourner

Postby Tzat » Wed May 30, 2001 3:34 am

Im level 15 right now, and i have crappy eq. I bet i will continue to have crappy eq for quite some time. I'm not particularly concerned about it...last time i played i made it to level 49 with relatively crappy eq (scarlet rings and the like). Anyway, didnt matter too much, my main concern was the ability to do zones....because thats where I had fun... I guess clerics have it ok...we are casters so we dont NEED hit/dam stuff....and we have somewhat OK hps, so we dont NEED huge +hps eq... As long as I can make it to high enough level to have "real fun" im set.
Hamibugan Sinweaver
Sojourner

Postby Hamibugan Sinweaver » Wed May 30, 2001 4:02 am

Sandraxus,

I don't know where all you see this. I know it exists and come across it every so often but it doesn't exist EVERYWHERE and I know it doesn't exist for the most part in the core evil groups I run with. I see EQ endlessly being passed down, agreed upon as to who should or shouldn't get as mutual decisions of the group or group leaders. Myself and a few others went on a "VERY" extensive eq run the other day. glist was nearly a page long, and everything was doled evenly and MUCH was passed down. Your opinions and desires are your own and noone can hope to change that for you. But I'd ask you as a fellow mudder to look at the much, much larger picture. If you enjoy the mud so much then find people and places to play that match that and continue your journey. I agree and have agreed all over on all topics concerning this that it's about morals and fairness. I feel like I find that easily where and with who I play. Like you when I find an "elitist"/"hoarder" attitude I tell them to pound sand and most likely "heal your dam self then" but I won't quit playing because of one or two peoples swollen heads. Sooner or later these I know the entire mud so I don't gotta do crap for you people are going to realize that they just can't do it without other people all the time. At the same time I'd encourage people to stand up for themselves, if someone wrongs you don't find yourself a month later letting them kiss your ass to get you in a group they're leading just because you're the "only" alternative. They keep doing it because they get away with it.

------------------
That is all. Peace.
Hami
Nikelon
Sojourner

Postby Nikelon » Thu May 31, 2001 1:38 pm

I personally have been mudding for several years...I am only 14, considered one of the younger players (and therefore naive), but I have learned that some hoarding can be good for the competition.

My last char from the previous Sojourn was a level 24 conjurer before they shut down the game. My current is the level 8 invoker formerly known as Redos. Both have been killed and lost all eq and were re-equiped by friendly passing people within 2 days of their deaths. Yesterday while I was sitting in WD, I received three new pieces of eq without asking for them or paying anything. When I finally started having extra eq on my conj., I began giving it away to lower lvls at TP where they hunted.

I have seen personally a healthy mix of hoarders and givers. To a certain degree, the hoarding can be good because it spurs the competition to form groups and go get the eq first. On the other hand, however, it prevents those who were unfortunate enough to not form a group from getting the eq time and time again. I personally cannot, after thinking about it more, see any way to fix the problem. Any attempt could be easily circumvented. Still, I agree with you Sangdraxus.

(Just my 2 cents) Image

------------------
"Only one thing I know and that is that I know nothing." -Socrates

[This message has been edited by Nikelon (edited 05-31-2001).]
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Thu May 31, 2001 1:57 pm

I hope nothing is done about it. You want to RP or whatever, feel free to do it. You want to go out and get items, you should be able to if you have the knowledge and the group. Why should random-loading, item limitation or whatever be shoved down everyone's throat just because half the mud says then aren't able to get any items (which is nonsense, everyone can)? Some people are just faster than others, they mud better, they have more time on their hands, they have a good group of friends, whatever. Welcome to the real world. Eventually everyone will have eq, just look at how it was 3 wipes ago when the mud was up for 4 odd years - every level 5 had eq that level 30s don't even have now.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Thu May 31, 2001 3:34 pm

"You want to go out and get items, you should be able to if you have the knowledge and the group." -- Cherzra

Exactly!!! Right now we can't because twinks keep getting it over and over again, so I CAN'T get eq even if I have the knowledge and the group. Hell I can solo things in ant farm for the eq there, but I can't get it because it's gone by the time I walk there from WD.

"Welcome to the real world. "

No, Sojourn is NOT the real world. Earth is the real world, Sojourn is a game running on a server somewhere in... err... America.

Sarvis
Sangdraxus Blackfire
Sojourner

Postby Sangdraxus Blackfire » Thu May 31, 2001 3:43 pm

I think there is a point missed here. This has nothing to do with how good a person is at playing a mud. It has to do with when enough is enough. I honestly don't care how good you think you are at mudding, I have never been a power gamer, and never will be one.... if that makes you happy, so be it. My concern, and distaste has to do with keeping others from getting equipment along with everyone else...

If you can honestly sit there, and tell me that every person that does not have a piece of equipment that someone else has 20 of did not GET that piece of equipment because they weren't GOOD enough, or SMART enough... then you are sadly mistaken... and I don't think you or anyone else is that stupid or naive.

Example: So if this is the case... the only thing that this said person is good at that HAS 20 of one item is sitting on his ass?... or wait wait... he is USING that one mob that has said item to get exp once every boot... thats the ticket.

I am simply emplying that any person who decides it is his/her right to sit on an item, or run to a mob EVERY boot so that they can monopolize said item is in the wrong... period. You don't pay to play this game, sure.... that doesn't mean other people have to deal with your idea of "fun"... especially when it has to do with Hoarding items.

I hope this clears it up a little...

If you want to be a powergamer, and race to be number one... outstanding. Not everyone is like you though... and we shouldn't have to be any less satisfied with a game because you, or anyone else decides to horde items.

------------------
Sangdraxus Blackfire
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Thu May 31, 2001 5:41 pm

I don't hoard anything. I like to build the perfect set of eq. But I'm sick of hearing people complain about how then can't ever get anything. Either all the high level people on the goodie side are twinks (which I doubt) grabbing EVERY item available mud-wide within 5 minutes of a boot, or the rest just likes to complain that everything is so unfair and evil.

Again, everyone can get items. Everyone can learn where eq is. If you can't you're lazy, because the excuse "everyone gets everything before I can explore and find anything" just isn't valid. Run somewhere after a reboot. Eq WILL be there. Someone else is killing that mob? You now know where it is and next boot YOU can be the one to get it. Everyone is low level now -> mid- and higher level eq WILL be on mobs --> you now know where it is -> get it later --> excuse is not valid.

And you can build your set AND have fun. You make it sound as though bothering to level up, learn where to get stuff and then get nice items makes you an instant twink and is the worst sin! Why? I get eq, have fun with the ppl I am with and I'll even mess around with a paladin or ranger or two I run across at the tp.
Sangdraxus Blackfire
Sojourner

Postby Sangdraxus Blackfire » Thu May 31, 2001 6:17 pm

OK, let me slow this down a pace...

THIS IS NOT IN CONCERN TO THOSE WHO DO NOT HOARD ITEMS OR SIT ON MOBS....

there, with that out of the way... go ahead and read my above post... and let it sink in... this has nothing to do with the powergamer, powerleveler, or TWINK for that matter... it has to do with Hoarding items.... capiche'?

------------------
Sangdraxus Blackfire
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Thu May 31, 2001 6:42 pm

Cherzra, even if you were right (which you aren't) then what harm is there in a random pop system? People who aren't "lazy" as you call us can still go out and find the eq, will still know where it is. They just might have to look once or twice to see if the mob/item is actually there; which they do now anyway. The only real difference is people can do things 1 WEEK into a reboot, instead of only in the first 5 minutes. Tell us all how that is bad please.

Sarvis
Kiloppile
Sojourner

Postby Kiloppile » Thu May 31, 2001 6:52 pm

Hrm... is it bad? Probably not. Is it a tremendous amount of work to be done by the areas guys and possibly the coders (depending on how complicated you want to make it)? I'm guessing yes.

So... the question is, is there actually a problem that we wanna dedicate two or three hundred man-hours to fix?

In a perfect world we'd have 50 areas guys who have nothing else to do than address issues like this. Unfortunately, this isn't a perfect world. (Hrm, think someone else said something about it not being Utopia).
Jegzed
Sojourner

Postby Jegzed » Thu May 31, 2001 7:30 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Sarvis:
<B>Cherzra, even if you were right (which you aren't) then what harm is there in a random pop system? People who aren't "lazy" as you call us can still go out and find the eq, will still know where it is. They just might have to look once or twice to see if the mob/item is actually there; which they do now anyway. The only real difference is people can do things 1 WEEK into a reboot, instead of only in the first 5 minutes. Tell us all how that is bad please.
Sarvis</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The harm is that I do NOT want to kill the freaking ancient brownie 22 times to get the tg to pop..

/Jegzed
gurzog
Sojourner

Postby gurzog » Thu May 31, 2001 7:31 pm

Hoarding eq will not go away, it's been a big part of the mud for the 9-10 years I've been here. Random pops will not stop it, and limiting the # of a particular item you can have on you is just plain ridiculous(sp?). In a sense I guess I could be called a hoarder, but there is no eq that I camp on. Last week, I had 4 of a particular decent hp eyepatch...so what's that make me? Hmm, I gave 3 away to other evils who needed and I'm saving one to sell eventually...I also had 3 extra limestone bracelets at one point too, there was a low level at ferry and he asked can you help me with limestone, and I just took 2 out of my backpack and gave them to him. Btw, the reason I had 3 was because I had replaced mine with better bracelets :P
I do have a storage character, there's almost no way you can not have one after lvl 30, I have alts I want to eventually eq and I need to sell some eq, I'd like to be able to keep affording my potions and horses and I look forward to buying an illithid bag, so am I a hoarder?
Maybe a person's alts should get their own eq, but to tell the truth that just sucks, going one time through the low lvl hell of no eq and leveling slow is enough for me, I don't know about you, but these first 30 lvls have just been plain boring as hell. I'm looking forward to doing zones, not this crap of 95% xp and spend a few minutes getting a piece of low lvl crappy eq.
And don't forget that Sojourn has thousands of items out there...so what if a person is camping on a certain piece of eq, there's alternate eq you can go get, go explore, you'll find it. So, some guy has 500 flagons...well guess what, there's a nice little flagon not too far from wd...I just went and got it 30hrs into boot...hmm, what's another camped on piece of eq, water walking boots? hell, there's some light weight rafts out there, go buy one, I've had the same raft in my inventory since lvl 4 and plus a um wt0 raft is doable now...
Anyway...
I'm just rambling, but if someone is hoarding a piece of eq you want...it's just low lvl crap you won't care about in 20 lvls and there IS alternate eq out there you can get. Explore, ask people, you can find it.
Everyone has their own way of getting eq, some people just believe that the best way is camping on eq, selling it and then buying the better stuff later on...personally to me that sucks, but hell it's been a part of this game probably since the very first person ever logged on. And I doubt that there is any kind of fix out there that will make everyone happy...the only fixes I've seen would hurt others who are a little higher lvl than the average and the random boot thing...that will not stop campers, they'll just log their real chars off and check the pop every so often, sure it will allow people to get that eq some of the time, but the camper will still get it probably 80% of the time. ahh hell, guess i've rambled enough

gurzog
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Thu May 31, 2001 7:34 pm

Ok, so assuming that Cherzra, Gur and Jeg are right..

What if the same people that are doing this now, do this to the higher level stuff 20 levels from now?

Once a hoarder, always a hoarder, as they say.

Just playing devils advocate at this point, not putting my own opinions in anymore. :P

------------------
Malacar - French kissin midgets, and damn proud of it. Oh yeah... My comments can offend you now, I don't care anymore. Have a day.
Todrael
Sojourner

Postby Todrael » Thu May 31, 2001 7:45 pm

Mobs already do repop with eq every now and then.. I know of at least 2 items that people like that do this, if you kill the mob often enough. I've managed to get up to 3 per boot. And these aren't too shabby items. What you're asking for already exists, it just isn't widely implemented yet.

-Todrael
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Thu May 31, 2001 7:59 pm

Damn Gurzog sait it nicely Image
Kiloppile
Sojourner

Postby Kiloppile » Thu May 31, 2001 8:29 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Malacar:
<B>Ok, so assuming that Cherzra, Gur and Jeg are right..

What if the same people that are doing this now, do this to the higher level stuff 20 levels from now?

Once a hoarder, always a hoarder, as they say.

Just playing devils advocate at this point, not putting my own opinions in anymore. :P

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

20 levels from now... say buncha people are 46th level, maybe 5 or 6 different groups of 'em....

So... how are you gonna camp all the high level eq? You can do the TG if you want rather easily, Jenna, the crescenet, sure...

How do you get vault, jot, tf, brass, etc, etc, etc, before any other group gets to one of the ones on that list?

You don't. So this really isn't an issue with the top end of the game. It takes time (maybe only half hour for some of those, but that's plenty of time for a group to go to one of the others) to do real zones with real eq.
Sangdraxus Blackfire
Sojourner

Postby Sangdraxus Blackfire » Thu May 31, 2001 10:00 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by gurzog:
<B>Hoarding eq will not go away, it's been a big part of the mud for the 9-10 years I've been here. Random pops will not stop it, and limiting the # of a particular item you can have on you is just plain ridiculous(sp?). In a sense I guess I could be called a hoarder, but there is no eq that I camp on. Last week, I had 4 of a particular decent hp eyepatch...so what's that make me? Hmm, I gave 3 away to other evils who needed and I'm saving one to sell eventually...I also had 3 extra limestone bracelets at one point too, there was a low level at ferry and he asked can you help me with limestone, and I just took 2 out of my backpack and gave them to him. Btw, the reason I had 3 was because I had replaced mine with better bracelets :P

gurzog</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Explain to me how this makes you a hoarder... I made it perfectly clear in my message, that in no way is getting equipment and giving it away hoarding, or getting equipment and keeping some of it to sell... I also said that making an alt and using the alt to hold equipment is fine... as long as you are using the alt.... so in NO way are you in the wrong.

I don't understand how direct I have to be on this... but here goes.

A: If you have a high level character, and you camp another character on a piece of equipment so that you can monopolize said item... you are wrong.

B: If you camp out in the same spot every night when you go to bed, and come in and the first thing you do is kill the same mob over and over to get a said item... when you already have more then you could use AND sell within reason at any given time... you are wrong.

C: If your only purpose is to get an item, hoard an item or monopolize a specific item that a shitload of people could also use, just because "I can, and I know where it is at"... you are WRONG.

The point is plain and simple... This game is for EVERYONE to have fun, not just an elite group of people... The argument about, "hey, I got the exp to get to this level... so I deserve yadda yadda yadda" is bullshit... period. I KNOW this game, I have played here since a couple months into it's beginning... was the first in my class to 50th level... not to toot my own horn or anything, but if there was one person in this friggin mud that had to EARN every piece of his equipment, it was a 50th level Anti-Paladin. I remember paying an absurd ammount of money for the Sword of the Anti-Paladins, and loosing it that same day... this is not a matter of "I am better, so deal"... this is a matter of common courtesy, acting your age, and letting EVERYONE enjoy the SAME game that you are playing.... for God's sake it is called Common Sense...

I am hopefully done with this subject..

Again, Thanks for the time...

C:

------------------
Sangdraxus Blackfire
gurzog
Sojourner

Postby gurzog » Thu May 31, 2001 10:17 pm

Sorry Sangdraxus

Didn't mean for my post to be directed at you, just a reply to all the hoarding messages I've seen on board in the past few days. You probably remember me as a different troll, but I used to group with you and Tadra and Darnalak quite often also :)

oh well probably should have posted under a diff't thread but this was last thread that i read :)

anyway...
play the game, ignore the campers/hoarders, they'll miss out on the more important things...like getting the high lvl eq for themselves instead of just shilling out thousands of plats for it :)

gurzog
Izhaz
Sojourner

Postby Izhaz » Fri Jun 01, 2001 5:35 am

I just have one question...why is it all I keep hearing is "I can't get that eq cause some twink got it already" What exactly is that so called "twink" doing differently than you that he is always seemingly getting that eq you so desperatly want? If he was camping on eq i'm sure somone would have told an imm by now since that seems to be the big topic as of late. I know some rent spots are closer to some eq than others but I thinksome ppl are exaggerating a tad when saying I can never get any eq. I couldnt agree with chezra more when he urges ppl to play the game,explore,exp,,eq,die,whatever, thats what the games about. Hell I just went with a group od ppl tonite about 3 hours into boot riskin life and limb for a WB eq items which for the group I was in we had none and as I can see a highly sought after piece of eq for evils wanting to travel from dk to gh relativley safely..oh man your never gonna believe this..it was there! You just need to assert yourself more and like everyone else is saying it all wont matter in a few months anyways. So have fun ppl damn your looking at 2 of life most common things... Color and Words..its just a game and games are meant to be fun. Peace

- Izhaz
Thalen
Sojourner

Postby Thalen » Mon Jun 04, 2001 2:33 am

Sangdraxus I find it so funny that these words come from you. Way back in 'old school' sojourn we were somewhat friends and I remember asking you if you ever tried playing Ultima Online. You said you did try but quit after a day because "no one would help me or give me free items to start up".

Now you complain about a game being based too much on equipment when you yourself won't start one unless twinked up? Give me a break!
Sangdraxus Blackfire
Sojourner

Postby Sangdraxus Blackfire » Mon Jun 04, 2001 3:40 am

*Chuckles Amused*

When did I ask for people to "twink" me up? or did you even bother reading the topic? The point is simple, I am not amused by hoarders. This subject has to do with Hoariding. If I wanted to spend 15hrs a day again on this game, hell I could twink my own characters up... I don't think your point has anything to do with my subject matter... but it was an amusing attempt at a bash...

Kudos..

P.S. Who are you?

------------------
Sangdraxus Blackfire
Thorlin
Sojourner

Postby Thorlin » Sun Jun 10, 2001 3:06 am

HMMMMMmmmmmmm..... I'm sure you know where I'm going with this.

Having been in your house watching you on IRL when you played Sang..you were amongst the worst in hoarders bro..and all that bs about "give the item to someone in your ranks that needs it".. i watched you go through storage characters LOADED and you never gave me a bit of it because you were selling it to get what you wanted..even by the time you were fully decked you were still stingy, and we're good friends IRL!!! Don't come in lecturing these people about hoarding or EQ hunting when you are just as bad, and dont make excuses as to why you're not playing.. Money says thats just a front, either you've got other stuff to do or you're still stuck on EQ and dont want to go somewhere else because you dont want to start at ground zero.. bah..man sometimes you make me wonder.
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Sun Jun 10, 2001 10:28 am

Eeew that's gotta hurt hehe. Touché.
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Mon Jun 11, 2001 11:54 am

I have to kinda agree with Cherz here. I don't think there are many people really 'hoarding'. Saving up a few bits of quip so you can sell or trade them to make your character better can't be a bad thing if thats what you want to do? If you are hoarding 30 TS rings just for the sake of 'having' them, see a doctor.

Personally I tend to give quip I'm not wearing away freely, just cos I think the mud works in a more karma type way, I help someone I get helped later. But being a quip trader is certainly an equally viable way of playing the game no?

Being Level 40 and killing low level mobs just to deck out your little friends is pathetic in my opinion. I pride myself on getting my quip _fairly_ and it can be really hard not knowing folk when you are new and not being able to get a green cap cos a 50 did it on boot in case their friend needed it. This is hoarding/abusing and wrecking the game I think. If the only way possible you can attain a piece of equipment is get a RL high level friend to give it to you is the game really going to be as much fun, wouldn't for me shrugs.

I also tend to agree with who it was that used the term 'real equipment'. On boot there are never more high levels than there are to do high level zones I dare say? Which makes me not to worried about the TS ring state hehe.

Hmmm, if you do have a spare TS that you might trade some day for something, and there is a 25 warrior standing there wearing a tiny emerald, perhaps give it to them or sell it for a reasonable price? The karma will come around I think..shrugs..

end rant...
Sangdraxus Blackfire
Sojourner

Postby Sangdraxus Blackfire » Mon Jun 11, 2001 10:31 pm

Yah... 7 years ago I will admit, I was stingy... I guess that is why I added in their the fact that those 7 years have at last helped ME grow up Image

You are all right, noone hoards on the game anyhow.

Oh, and Thorlin... the reason I probably didn't give you much when you played the game, is the same reason why I didn't deck you out on Everquest either. You start something and you never finish it... I don't help "twink" out a warrior with equipment out of my coffers if 3 weeks into it you are leaving.... makes no sense to me... friends or not. That would be like loaning money for a person who has a "sure thing" on the stock market, your more then likely gonna loose it.

On a side note Thorlin, if you have a personal problem with me... you have my phone number and email... don't bring your anger to the board....

kkthx

------------------
Sangdraxus Blackfire
Thorlin
Sojourner

Postby Thorlin » Tue Jun 12, 2001 1:15 am

A: Relax bro Image wasn't meant in anger.. was just a note. B:

You start something and you never finish it...

I prolly woulda finished pretty good if you didn't get me deleted.. hugs =)

Thorlin
Sangdraxus Blackfire
Sojourner

Postby Sangdraxus Blackfire » Tue Jun 12, 2001 8:51 pm

Yah... was a period in my life I would like to forget...

Touche'

------------------
Sangdraxus Blackfire
Thurg
Sojourner

Postby Thurg » Fri Jun 22, 2001 8:31 am

this has no meaning hatsoever i was just reading this post and now goign to bed... g'night mud... btw most people dont hoard just some morons. at least thats my evil perspective. i just got an alligator eyepatch, didnt have to pay. didnt really ask for it (btw thnx kolma) he had an extra and gave to me. last wipe i had a small set of eq for when i died or gave to newby(i am now simply ranting) no thisisnt hoarding but it is what people should do.if you have way too much crap sell it or give it away. (end rant)

------------------
Thurg, Zossonnarr, Gramordeus, Zanzor, Zhaxilor, Krondal
Ubek
Sojourner

Postby Ubek » Thu Jun 28, 2001 2:11 pm

There's more than one way to get the EQ you want.
Selias
Sojourner

Postby Selias » Thu Jun 28, 2001 8:20 pm

Hmm, well I have a rationale that works for me... not sure if anyone else will like it, but I use it IRL quite often and it makes me work for stuff...

If you're complaining about not having EQ, then that only means you don't want the EQ you're complaining about not having.

Why does this make sense? Well if you didn't want to have crap EQ, then you wouldn't have it. Just work for your stuff... maybe you won't get that deco today, or tomorrow, but if you keep trying I'm sure you'll beat that twink who's camping by Jenna's... and then once you get it, you'll never have to deal with that chump again.

And yes, that is meant to offend anyone who camps at Jenna's for the deco. If you do that, then you deserve to die a horrible flaming death!

*salute*
Sel
Ilshadrial
Sojourner

Postby Ilshadrial » Thu Jun 28, 2001 8:26 pm

Mmmmmmmmmmmm Hoarding...

Like a dragon, I gather until my bed is full of gold, Like a dragon I kill anyone who holds something untold, Like a dragon I consume everything I can see, Like a dragon give me all your treasure before I breath.
Mplor
Sojourner

Postby Mplor » Sun Jul 01, 2001 9:45 am

At high levels, nearly everyone would rather zone for equipment than buy it from the guy who always seems to have some in stock, but whom you never see in your zoning groups. If you demonstrate early on that you are too greedy or generally anti-social in some way, you may well find yourself outside the circles of folks who do the 'fun' stuff at high levels.

The mud has its natural processes which sift the playerbase as it rises in levels. Whoever said something about karma, I will personally attest to it, at least on Sojourn.

Mplor
Werg
Sojourner

Postby Werg » Mon Jul 02, 2001 6:24 pm

CAREBEARS.......STARE!!!! =<(((O)))>=

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”