scribing

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
gurzog
Sojourner

scribing

Postby gurzog » Wed Jun 13, 2001 6:01 pm

just an idea
Instead of:
You complete another page of the spell into your spellbook..

how about:
You complete page 3 of 5 for your new spell or something

will at least us know how long before we can come back and actually do something Image

gurzog

oh also, how about letting us type score at least while scribing

[This message has been edited by gurzog (edited 06-13-2001).]
Liran
Sojourner

Postby Liran » Wed Jun 13, 2001 6:13 pm

Its been a while since I played a "bookworm" caster type, but I beleive that the # of pages a spell takes is directly related to its spell circle.
First circle spells take 1 page,
4th circle spells take 4 pages,
etc.
Galorion
Sojourner

Postby Galorion » Wed Jun 13, 2001 6:25 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I beleive that the # of pages a spell takes is directly related to its spell circle.</font>

That is correct, but when you go afk to do something for a while (since scribing takes FOREVER) and you come back, you have no way of knowing how far into the spell you are unless you scroll back and search for the scribing messages.

I still don't understand why scribing takes so long - other classes get to practice their skills instantly Image. It wouldn't be so bad if we could at least do gsays while scribing.
Gindipple
Sojourner

Postby Gindipple » Wed Jun 13, 2001 7:14 pm

Do like me, make a trigger on You finish scribing, that sends an e-mail to a server that then pages my beeper.

------------------
Gindipple (Gnome) stands here.
namatoki
Sojourner

Postby namatoki » Wed Jun 13, 2001 8:26 pm

ROFL, Gin!!!!!!! Image
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Wed Jun 13, 2001 8:31 pm

That's keen, Gindipple- can you then have that server send signals to your microwave to start cooking the leftover pizza?

Yayaril
Todrael
Sojourner

Postby Todrael » Wed Jun 13, 2001 8:49 pm

Scribing rate decreases exponentially with levels. Scribing one page of a 1st circle spell takes me, at level 44, under a second. The time it takes to scribe one page is determined by what circle that spell is. It takes me as much time to scribe one page of my 9th circle spell, which has 9 pages, as it does to scribe all 5 pages of a 5th circle spell. *shrug* It isn't a problem for long really.

-Todrael

[This message has been edited by Todrael (edited 06-13-2001).]
gurzog
Sojourner

Postby gurzog » Wed Jun 13, 2001 11:52 pm

heh, well my post wasn't originally intended to say anything about how long it takes to scribe(it does take FOREVER tho :P)
I was just thinking make the message more informative each time you finish a page.

I don't know, maybe it's just me, but I like when messages actually contain relevant information..."You complete another page of the spell into your spellbook" really doesn't tell you anything other than that you still have a few mins before you can actually mud again :)
Kegor
Sojourner

Postby Kegor » Wed Jul 04, 2001 2:46 pm

Scribing does suck... but considering you only have to do it a few times every six levels it's pretty painless I think. It's the spells you can't scribe that bug me.. Image

-Jaz

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”