Snake Illusionist

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
Ssovos
Sojourner

Snake Illusionist

Postby Ssovos » Tue Jun 19, 2001 12:55 am

Now that evil and goodie races are supposedly on equal playing grounds, snakes are the only class who can play evil illusionist. However if you take a look at phantom steed, its basically worthless on the evil side because snakes cant mount! =P. If there are any ideas on which evil illusionist can have use of this spell also, IE change it so you dont need to mount it to use.
silvea
Sojourner

Postby silvea » Fri Jun 22, 2001 6:51 am

when you play evil you get a shipload of advantages, often much better stats for the class you play.

And now you figured out 1 of the disadvantages of being evil, you wanne change the spell? Next thing you ask is if you can wear boots, becouse they fit on the point of your tail Image

Now seriously, I don't see a problem or a big disadvantage for an illusionist. Its just a thing you need to figure a way around it.
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Fri Jun 22, 2001 7:16 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by silvea:
<B>when you play evil you get a shipload of advantages, often much better stats for the class you play.

And now you figured out 1 of the disadvantages of being evil, you wanne change the spell? Next thing you ask is if you can wear boots, becouse they fit on the point of your tail Image

Now seriously, I don't see a problem or a big disadvantage for an illusionist. Its just a thing you need to figure a way around it.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh give me a break, here we go again.

Snakes get average half-elf stats. You never played evil so shouldn't talk. Yea, we get a shipload of advantages, that's why we usually sit around twiddling our thumbs waiting for the 1 enchanter or cleric who plays evil to log on. Hyssk is hell. Snakes lose 4 of the best +hp eq slots. Phantom steed is a great spell but gee it's not usable by a yuan. "it's just a thing you need to figure a way around". Ok, what? Tie yourself to the horse? Build a cart? Ride along in a saddlebag? Since you seem to know, enlighten me as to this "way around".
Thurg
Sojourner

Postby Thurg » Fri Jun 22, 2001 8:09 am

ooohh goodie we have this post on 2 forums now :-) i just did it on other one

------------------
Thurg, Zossonnarr, Gramordeus, Zanzor, Zhaxilor, Krondal
Ssarra
Sojourner

Postby Ssarra » Fri Jun 22, 2001 3:18 pm

ROFL! I wouldn't see it as a minor disadvantage... it's a spell for illusionists, a rather useful and powerful spell, that yuan-ti can't take advantage of because of their tail. Maybe put in a riding harness that you can make a horse wear, that will allow a yuan-ti to ride? even make it kinda heavy so that if a yuan-ti is running around without a horse, he won't want to carry it because of weight. Don't know, just an idea.
Zrax
Sojourner

Postby Zrax » Fri Jun 22, 2001 3:23 pm

It is an illusion spell, the illisionist controls the illusion so it only makes sense that they would create a type of mount that they could utilize.
Ubek
Sojourner

Postby Ubek » Fri Jun 22, 2001 6:00 pm

This reminds me of how the implementors handled shaman totems. The evil races have a different set, as opposed to the good. Maybe this spell would in effect, work the same.
izarek
Sojourner

Postby izarek » Fri Jun 22, 2001 6:34 pm

Bah! I say forget the phantom mount spell and just make it a version of Tenser's floating disk. Who cares if it looks like a horse?

Izzy
Ssarra
Sojourner

Postby Ssarra » Fri Jun 22, 2001 7:29 pm

heh, zrax makes a really, really good point there....
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Fri Jun 22, 2001 7:36 pm

blah snakes have it too easy. if people want a challenge they play a drow. their hometown is tuff as heck. aggro mobs up the wazoo. i say we should chop off the snake's leg just to make to even out the playing field. and while we're at it put them on an aggro island. hey might as well get rid of their ears.
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Sat Jun 23, 2001 3:54 am

This is totally unrelated, but maybe yuan-ti should be made so they can't be tripped. I was in Greycloak and got attacked by a raider, and could trip the thing just fine- how on earth I did it was beyond me, as it has no legs..

Yayaril
Thurg
Sojourner

Postby Thurg » Sat Jun 23, 2001 5:59 am

is sook on crack?

------------------
Thurg, Zossonnarr, Gramordeus, Zanzor, Zhaxilor, Krondal
Vipplin
Sojourner

Postby Vipplin » Mon Jun 25, 2001 2:06 pm

Yep, no question. He's on crack. I've played a yuan-ti. That is the most unfriendly hometown there is.

He was being sarcastic, thank goodness. I thought it was funny... :P

[This message has been edited by Vipplin (edited 06-25-2001).]
silvea
Sojourner

Postby silvea » Mon Jun 25, 2001 2:26 pm

I like the !trip idea of yuanti's sounds resonble to me.......
Dibble
Sojourner

Postby Dibble » Mon Jun 25, 2001 5:02 pm

NEW SPELL:
Phantom Chariot........problem solved.

Dibble.
Kegor
Sojourner

Postby Kegor » Wed Jul 04, 2001 4:19 pm

I don't see why drow can't be illusionists. They are born with the talent to innate one particular illusion that I am ever so aware of. This race limitation is probably an effort by the gods to try and create more snakes... who could use a serious upgrade in certain areas in my honest opinion.

-Jaznolg
Where are the evil illusionists at?
Besides you Ssifal.. Image

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”