Clean Up Sojourn Day!! (2 new command ideas)

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
Trewe
Sojourner

Clean Up Sojourn Day!! (2 new command ideas)

Postby Trewe » Mon Aug 27, 2001 3:55 pm

ok I was thinking that after the mud has been up for 20 odd hours how messy the place gets so I came up with some idea's on how to fix this..

2 commands..

1) Bury
What this command will do will permanently remove something from the mud (like a corpse rotting)

Usage.. get rid of all sorts of junk for good.. I know I would have buried my corpses at lower levels if I could have.. nothing worse than seeing ya corpse in a place where you really shouldn't be dead :P..
Also we could bury all those partially eaten items that are laying around or any other piece of trash for that matter.

2) Conceal
This one will put the "Hidden" flag on whatever you have concealed so you can come back later and get it (providing the mud don't crash)

Usage.. Necro's can press the bajeezus out of corpses and conceal them so that other necro's can't get them :P .
(would also give some bored but creative people something to do.. they could run their own quests Image )

I am sure there are numerous uses for both commands..

ok that's it.. Flame at will :P

Azder
Nokie
Sojourner

Postby Nokie » Mon Aug 27, 2001 7:24 pm

<>tell castun Hey Castun consent me and I'll get your corpse for you!
<>Castun has just given you consent.
<>Castun tells you 'thanks man you're so nice to me!'
<>bury castun

Aside from the potential evil uses, I think it's a wonderful idea! I've had times in which I wish I could 'junk' an item ala some other muds, but couldn't because I wasn't near a water room.

Conseal would also be nice when you are exploring a zone with a locked door and you want to leave the key outside for a possible CR. Putting it on the ground can lead to twinks picking it up and renting with it or a scavenger mob taking it...

------------------
Nokie 'No you don't!! That belongs to me!' Quickfingers
Kegor
Sojourner

Postby Kegor » Fri Aug 31, 2001 2:18 pm

I live the conceal idea. Would be nice to be able to hide stuff... such as !rent items or keys to a zone.. so you could come back and get it later if you wanted.. or just to remove an eye sore. This is an excellent idea. Like stash on majormud back in the day.. heh.

-Jaznolg
Trewe
Sojourner

Postby Trewe » Fri Aug 31, 2001 2:53 pm

Hehe burying other peoples corpses would be easy to avoid. code it so you can only bury yours..

But I guess just having conceal would be enough.. could conceal our corpses in some out of the way place till they rotted..

Azder

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”