BAH

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
Gavry
Sojourner

BAH

Postby Gavry » Thu Sep 13, 2001 2:06 pm

In my opinion there is already too much equipment going around. Too many low levels with stuff way too high level for them. Nobody seems to work for their stuff any more.

I think the real answer is to add something else to the mud so high levels have something else to do when all the equipment zones have been done. Maybe racewars, more god run quests, etc?

Just my opinion

Gavry
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Thu Sep 13, 2001 3:23 pm

There is an arena where anyone can go and pk. And there is supposed to be a major Campaign being run by the gods, but they are a little pressed for time and haven't been able to do the quests for it really.

I'd also say that many of the low levels with spanky eq are just alts of the highbies, not truly newbies. I, for instance, still have pretty crappy gear at level 26...

Sarvis
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Fri Sep 14, 2001 12:34 am

All I can say is, get used to it. It only gets worse Image

- Ragorn
Lolok Frozencrow
Sojourner

Postby Lolok Frozencrow » Sat Sep 15, 2001 12:04 am

Maybe some level restrictions on some upper level eq would be good Image,.

L ImageL ImageK-
Galok Icewolf
Sojourner

Postby Galok Icewolf » Sat Sep 15, 2001 3:30 am

Level restrictions are bad im my opinion...

Just a opinion though...
Kuurg
Sojourner

Postby Kuurg » Sat Sep 15, 2001 9:12 am

It always burns me up when someone suggests this - "Maybe some level restrictions on some upper level eq would be good"

Don't fret if someone wants to try and get through the boring levels a bit more quickly by decking out their alt with good gear.

Don't let it bother you if someone wants to be generous and give a newbie a cool piece of equipment, just because the notion takes them.

Don't worry if suddenly everyone's gear is as nice as yours, and they did nothing for it while you worked your ass off for it.

Just enjoy the mud, and play your own character to it's fullest potential.

------------------
·Kuurg·
Kiloppile
Sojourner

Postby Kiloppile » Sat Sep 15, 2001 6:17 pm

Heh... a better idea would be what they're trying on another game. If a group is deemed by the code to be too high level for a particular fight, the mob doesn't drop the eq it would for lower-level chars. Image
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Sun Sep 16, 2001 9:22 am

hows this for an idea

make eq for melee affect the game less and level affect the game more.

level makes all the difference for casters, but much less difference for melee.

EQ imbalance was worse in prior incarnations, and id say its relatively tame these days as im playing a troll warrior and I can hit mobs that con "you are mad" worth shit (like 10% hit rate). Now i dont have good eq, but even on mobs my own level or a level or two above I only get about a 36% hit rate. Id suggest something like a 20+ hitroll only increase this percentage by about 15% as a place to begin discussion since I have no idea what would be a really appropriate number for the high or low level games. Another idea might to make the max % +hit +dam eq affact your character partially dependent on level. Not just the damage caps that are already in place, but a variable ratio as you go up in level. Maybe this should apply to ac eq too. That way it would be very difficult to hit mobs way higher level than you.

But goign back to something ive said before. SOme people like to twink characters. their own, their friends, newbies, ect... Do you really want to take away a facet that some people enjoy but you dont personally?

Why are people upset about that? is it because you think some alt is getting eq and they didnt? is it because they think they are a better player because they did it without twinked eq? Its about fun, and everyone has different ideas of what is fun.
Kegor
Sojourner

Postby Kegor » Sat Sep 22, 2001 9:02 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gavry:
<B>In my opinion there is already too much equipment going around. Too many low levels with stuff way too high level for them. Nobody seems to work for their stuff any more.
</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ever occur to you that those low level character people you see did work hard for that eq either..

-1- In the form of a high level alt that had to do it the hard way first at the beggining of the wipe?

-2- People that have contributed a great deal of time and effort into the exploration and information gathering for the good of all consistant players in previous incarnations of Sojourn. These players are remembered by thier friends and taken good care of.

People just starting characters and playing a little bit have better eq either from hand me downs, handouts, or higher level help than the people that started playing at the beggining of the wipe.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gavry:
<B>
I think the real answer is to add something else to the mud so high levels have something else to do when all the equipment zones have been done. Maybe racewars, more god run quests, etc?

Just my opinion
Gavry</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ooooh racewars sound like fun.. Image

-Jaznolg
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Sat Sep 22, 2001 5:31 pm

another point. since most people agree this is a groupign mud, what point exactly do levels 1-40 make?

learn how to play the game? I suppose... learn how to play your class? shrug havent seen a class yet that is actually difficult to play (maybe difficult to level, underpowered whatever, but the class specific things are not difficult). Not only that, what you learn in exping is quite different in what you do in zoning.

why you want to make leveling any harder. hell if you have l33t eq, you had to have done it once the hard way.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Sat Sep 22, 2001 5:49 pm

oh ya another thing. eq restrictions are dumb for two reasons.

one, the additional overhead required to implement and maintain eq restrictions. staff has enough to do, you want eq level restrictions over new zones or promised class upgrades ect...?

two, now you not only need a full set of high level eq for your secondary char, but you got to slay a bunch of low level mobs for sets of midlevel eq because of level restricts. Noobs still wont be able to get mid level eq though some high level players may make a lot of cash selling it to them.

ONE GOOD reason to implement eq level restrictions is it might give mid levels a reason to "zone" note caveat above where high levels solo mid level mobs for eq to equip their alts.

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”