idea for new weapon / new weapon proc

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
kiryan
Sojourner

idea for new weapon / new weapon proc

Postby kiryan » Mon Sep 24, 2001 12:32 am

make a weapon that procs faerie fire or light room.... a 1h morning star or mace named dawnsfire might be a good starting point for an idea (thats raped off an old mud i played called kallisti, also eq has a dawnsfire).

Another interesting one might be one that procs darkness per the innate prolly a dagger. Could possibly have huge exploits, but i doubt it... if it does evils already have it as an innate.

How about one with enlarge per the innate maybe a 2h trident or axe or hammer or a 1h dirk that procs reduce.. I suppose enlarge could be too powerful, but there is +weight eq out there already. Also, some of us could also experience the joy of "you are already huge!" snicker

A whip / chain whip might proc a 1 round silence / stun or a trip.

A spear that procs lighning bolt.

a magic icicle that procs chill touch

a club that procs stun

A weapon that stuns or lags or bashes or fumbles or dispels you after it procs... maybe an axe that gets stuck and lags you while you free it. or a whip that gets entangled. or a mace that vibrates causign you to lose hold. The lightning spear could stun you and do damage to mob (or vice versa or both to both). It should either have good dice or do something cool though to offset the negative.

how about a weapon that procs fly or levi or water breathing or vigorize

a commercial jet liner might proc a player targetted inferno, stun, and earthquake all at once while draining your bank account (ok bad joke)
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Mon Sep 24, 2001 12:37 am

Not a bad idea for procs, but 2 comments:

There was already a weapon named Dawnsfire. I had the first one(and boy OH boy did that cause some controversy). Semantics, I know, but... =)

There is already a weapon that procs faerie fire. Of course, it is highly restricted, being either an elf only or ranger only(I forget which, I didn't pay attention to hitter eq this time around). One that is less restricted might be a good idea.

Oh the one that currently does only procs at night and outdoors... Talk about restricted hehe. Image
Galok Icewolf
Sojourner

Postby Galok Icewolf » Mon Sep 24, 2001 5:51 am

and theres a piercer that procs lightning bolt already too.. although restricted to evils.
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Mon Sep 24, 2001 8:27 am

There's another weapon which procs faerie fire too. Or at least, it used to...
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Mon Sep 24, 2001 9:42 am

I'd give my left testicle for a 1h misc weapon that had stats comparable to a decent 41+ hitter weapon Image

Twyl's insatiable whip of agony strangles a kooshie dog as it lands near it's neck!

Twyl "Whip it, whip it good" Twinshadow
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Wed Oct 03, 2001 11:15 am

there is a bludgeon weapon that can "stun"...a couple to be precise

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”