Warrior Idea.. lets hear what u think

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
thrankon
Sojourner

Warrior Idea.. lets hear what u think

Postby thrankon » Fri Nov 09, 2001 5:27 pm

So I think everyone will agree that the most underpowered and underappreciated (completed) class in the mud is the warrior.
50 lvls of xp so you can be a perma meat shield with the only expectation that of death. Lotsa cool quest etc to do.. cource same with everyone else.. nothing to really make em stand out from the crowd so.. we runing around earlier and someone mentioned the word death-knight.

Seems like a nice idea fer warriors/ap to have a remort quest like lich.. at least as hard as lich. Gives the chance for some more hps.. maybe a few new skills etc..
lets hear your ideas thoughts on this mud?

God opinions would be greatly appreciated!

Thran
Sartorix
Sojourner

Postby Sartorix » Fri Nov 09, 2001 6:54 pm

No, no, a thousand times no.

Disco 'no' Lemonade
azzixxenae
Sojourner

Postby azzixxenae » Fri Nov 09, 2001 6:58 pm

It's a cool idea, but I don't like it.

1. Conjurers are the most unbalanced and anything new should take a backseat to the ellie class going in, archery, etc.

2. As it is there is only one remort quest..lich. And that fits well in the theme of Sojourn 3. Give another class a remort quest and the "unbalance class paradigm" shifts..next we'll have squids wanting to quest to be psi warriors with more hp.

3. maybe the gods envision tanks at 50 being meat shields, dieing alot, more or less everything you put in your post.

instead of a remort quest..i'd rather have eq quests that are like shaman totems..you quest it, you lose it..your screwed. Even go as far as to have the PC name the weapon.

my 2c
Ensis
Sojourner

Postby Ensis » Fri Nov 09, 2001 10:52 pm

I like the idea, although I think in FR deathknights are usually a punishment handed out by gods rather than a benefit.

I like Galok's weapon specialization, but it seems nobodys into it right now.

Why not give them a questable weapon?? Anti's/Pallys/rangers/necros/rogues have questable weapons, why not make a questable shield and 1h weapon for warriors only?

E
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Fri Nov 09, 2001 11:50 pm

I still think it would be very cool to have remort quests for a bunch of different prestige classes, like in 3rd edition. I don't think it will or would happen, and might further unbalance things, but it'd still be way cool. Image

Malacar, the Archmage Enchanter, chosen of Mystra (I like the sound of that, hehe)
Turxx
Sojourner

Postby Turxx » Sat Nov 10, 2001 1:50 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Malacar:
<B>I still think it would be very cool to have remort quests for a bunch of different prestige classes, like in 3rd edition. I don't think it will or would happen, and might further unbalance things, but it'd still be way cool. Image

Malacar, the Archmage Enchanter, chosen of Mystra (I like the sound of that, hehe)</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

unbalance! *snort* *SMASHES THE SCALES*
Ruagh
Sojourner

Postby Ruagh » Mon Nov 12, 2001 7:55 am

Sad to say that, but I am beginning to agree that warriors are considered mainly as "meat shields". Even some respectable 45+ warriors have poor hit/dam, and bad headbutt skill, though wearing mostly +hp eq... As to me, it is a really sad thing to see them not as powerful members of the group, but just as some meat shields to casters, just covering em from damage. Soloing by a warrior is another sad thing (course if he is not a level 50 well-equipped Gromikazer Image)
Adding some really good warrior-only gear is a very good idea to me.
Vipplin
Sojourner

Postby Vipplin » Tue Nov 13, 2001 12:09 pm

I have a warrior alt. My plan currently is to have -100 ac w/no spells, have max str and agil (to help tank skills), max spellsave, neutral alignment, and as much extra hitpoint gear as possible while maintaining the above. That sounds like the ultimate tank to me. That's what I intend for my warrior. It's what I expect going in, so I won't be disappointed.

If I want to not be a meatshield (that rescues, bashes, shieldpunches etc.) then maybe i'll change my eq. Warriors can just about do as much damage as rangers (if not more) with proper eq. Just because they can't do both tanking and massive dam at once is no reason to cry. Most classes can't change their function with eq - rogues aren't tanks no matter what they wear, and rangers aren't much better.

Warriors aren't going to be dieing as much when elementalists are in - one more tank enhancement.

Warriors rock - bash/sp/rescue, maybe headbutt is almost useful now? At least less of a joke?

That's my perspective. Seems most warriors try to do a little of everything instead of focusing on hps or damage or ac etc. Everyone plays differently.

Ok, I've expressed my opinion, but did I say anthing? *eye me*

Vadian
Vade
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Wed Nov 14, 2001 8:32 am

I am not in favor of adding more remort classes at this time, for various reasons I'm not going to go into unless severely pressed and beaten with a stick. :|

Warriors do need a little bit of tweaking to liven things up, and there are some plans for that - though they're in the embryonic stage and not ready to be discussed publicly.

------------------
<B>Shevarash -- Code Forger of Sojourn3
</B>
Galok Icewolf
Sojourner

Postby Galok Icewolf » Wed Nov 14, 2001 10:34 am

I love you Shevy! You have brightened my day 10 fold knowing something, anything is coming to "spice up" warriors.
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Fri Nov 16, 2001 7:57 pm

OK guys, something is wrong with this picture. You tell me what.

"we wanna tank we want pc tanking remove all this conjie stuffs!"
"Uhh, ok. Keep in mind we have to be balanced."
"we wanna tank!"
"If you say so. Done."
"waaah now we sux0rs! What happened? Someone set us up the critical hit!"
Nokie
Sojourner

Postby Nokie » Fri Nov 16, 2001 8:06 pm

What about adding thelast part to the Myconid remort quest?!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Shevarash:
<B>I am not in favor of adding more remort classes at this time, for various reasons I'm not going to go into unless severely pressed and beaten with a stick. :|
</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------
Nokie 'No you don't!! That belongs to me!' Quickfingers

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”