Snakebite

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
Nassis
Sojourner

Snakebite

Postby Nassis » Thu Dec 06, 2001 10:10 am

Whenever a yuan kills a mob with snakebite, there should be a spammy echo of the snake eating his victim and the snake wouldnt have to eat for a mud month.

Thatd be cool.
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Thu Dec 06, 2001 1:05 pm

Would really be cool if you could get some hps back from the mob if you make a kill with snakebite.. something like you devour the victim and get some hps back depending on the mob lvl (no more than your max hps of course). Image
Tayros
Sojourner

Postby Tayros » Thu Dec 06, 2001 5:13 pm

I like that idea, I had that thought for an innate addition to Yuan-Ti a long time ago: devour. Basically the same thing, not have to eat for a week, but for 1 day (20 min) you're totally gorged and movement / combat attacks are reduced (slowed). Also, you could only devour things 1 size smaller than you and only equal to or less than the first level of you x 2 (like 32 level snakes can devour level 6 mobs and below, level 27, 4... the 'tens' digit x 2)

and now for the begging... please please please please!!! Image

*ruffle*

[This message has been edited by Tayros (edited 12-06-2001).]
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Thu Dec 06, 2001 5:26 pm

cherz and I posted on this a lil while back... I think snakes should have chance to poison and a random effect like maybe slow or stun. But it would only go in at higher levels.
Wargo
Sojourner

Postby Wargo » Fri Dec 07, 2001 12:56 am

Woo! I second the idea about adding cool effects to snakebite. I mean, people who play yuantis sacrifice a lot. why not give something fun back? On a side note, Tailsweep seems to fail a lot more than bodyslam. I know it's an innate skill and is based on your level but on average a bodyslammer 10 levels lower than me can slam better than me sweeping and I'm 50. Was this meant to be?

Yssilk Avid Snake Support!
Kuurg
Sojourner

Postby Kuurg » Fri Dec 07, 2001 9:02 pm

a snakebite is 1 part lager and 1 part cider.
Give snakes a tail slot.

•Kuurg•
Vipplin
Sojourner

Postby Vipplin » Mon Dec 10, 2001 11:16 am

I don't play a snake this wipe (yet) and I'm still rooting for them, cuz they have it rough.

1. Give tail slot!
2. Improve bite, somehow, don't care how Image

Vadian
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Mon Dec 10, 2001 1:06 pm

snake sucks cept for not blind by day. Upgrade their agility and int to nearly as good as drow and more wis would be nice too.

What do they pay for makign these extra stat notches and prolly having the best possible overall stats in the game, 4 slots. Thats a lot of stat eq, and hps. Eq only escalates, the difference becomes more profound as time passes.

I dont mind having a race that sucks at most things, but snakes are way outclassed in every way, cleric/mage/warrior/thief/hometown. They dont even get an advantage in hps for their lack of stats because at 50 a well eqd drow has same hps as a well eqd yuan (or better) and far better mem/qc.

If your going to give them an effect on the bite dont limit it to higher levels or scale the hitratio (though you should scale the dam ration) because the first ones are where youll enjoy it the most and are arguably the worst.

Still, they are plenty of folks that play snakes, so it really cant suck as much as we make it out to. Its probably because quite a few people consider ultra a major disadvantage (and dont have to worry about getting uber eq for 4 less slots).

Still please consider at least an int upgrade, snake QC is not so hot and cleric memtime leaves much to be desired.
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Mon Dec 10, 2001 5:14 pm

Are the other innates ever used? I assume scaleskin is used, is befriend any good? What are the limitations on that?
Grungar
Sojourner

Postby Grungar » Tue Dec 11, 2001 1:40 am

A level 50 snakey with +max_cha eq has about a 50% chance of befriending Barney the Dinosaur, so I've heard.

befriend Barney
Barney the Dinosaur hates your guts!
Barney the Dinosaur pounds you extremely hard.
OUCH! That really did HURT!
Barney the Dinosaur enshrouds you in a mist of blood with his deadly hit!
OUCH! That really did HURT!

Barney the Dinosaur sings, "I love you, you love me, we're a happy family..."

- Grungar "Barney, will you be my friend? No? Why not?" Forgefire
Sszantiel
Sojourner

Postby Sszantiel » Tue Dec 11, 2001 9:32 am

I use scaleskin and vipermind constantly even thought they don't make a big difference for a necromancer. Befriend reptile is usable on mobs 1/2 your level. I use it only as a novelty.

Snakes should have better intelligence than drow but I will settle for equal. =)

I agree with adding a tail slot(s) and a bite proc of some kind vehemently! That's just how it oughta be, yo!

/sszantiel

[This message has been edited by Sszantiel (edited 12-11-2001).]
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Tue Dec 11, 2001 4:08 pm

well my point is, rather than pressing coders to add more spanky code, perhaps they could just up the lvl restriction to 2/3 your level on befriend reptile, and make it usable only 3x/wk or something? A level 30 mage could get a level 20 mob to assist them; that would be actually useful.
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Tue Dec 11, 2001 7:23 pm

Hrm you can count reptile mobs on 1 hand and those are things like rattlesnakes in the CP desert Image I like the random poison or other affect on snakebites personally.. as well as losing less movement due to slithering, and maybe even a chance to remain upright when bashed - think manscorpions and their tail.

[This message has been edited by cherzra (edited 12-11-2001).]
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Wed Dec 12, 2001 1:33 am

disagree on the tail slot. too much trouble and letting you wear rings on the tail would be sick since rings tend to have beefier stats than most eq. Most slots you cant get more than 40 hps on yet rings you can get 75.

the bite i would support, but i dont think that would really make them any better. bite is a novelty post 20 espcially with the round or 2 rounds of lag you get. yuck

agree on some sort of stat upgrade preferably agi or int or wis. I think this is the easiest to imp and having better stats is a good compromise for losing out on 4 slots where you could normally wear stat boosting eq.

scaleskin is kidna neat. vipermind is more for the warrior/rogue snakes to make up for the loss of hit/dam. not any/many of those.
Kuurg
Sojourner

Postby Kuurg » Wed Dec 12, 2001 6:48 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kiryan:
<B>disagree on the tail slot. too much trouble and letting you wear rings on the tail would be sick since rings tend to have beefier stats than most eq. Most slots you cant get more than 40 hps on yet rings you can get 75.
</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why would that be a bad thing? Snakes are missing ear, ear, legs, feet.

------------------
·•Kuurg•·
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Wed Dec 12, 2001 11:44 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by cherzra:
<B>Hrm you can count reptile mobs on 1 hand and those are things like rattlesnakes in the CP desert Image I like the random poison or other affect on snakebites personally.. as well as losing less movement due to slithering, and maybe even a chance to remain upright when bashed - think manscorpions and their tail.

[This message has been edited by cherzra (edited 12-11-2001).]</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ooh, right, I had forgotten that suggestion, slight chance of saving from bash. That would definitely make for more playability.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Thu Dec 13, 2001 3:08 am

because they got infra not ultra and more natural hps.
Sszantiel
Sojourner

Postby Sszantiel » Fri Dec 14, 2001 2:52 am

Wouldn't rings made for fingers be too small for a Yuan-ti tail anyhow? I never evisioned a tail slot to be occupied by a ring. Was thinking more of a Yuan-ti only piece of eq like armor plates or larger tail-only type rings.

/sszantiel
Sszantiel
Sojourner

Postby Sszantiel » Fri Dec 14, 2001 2:55 am

I like the chance to save against bash. Also, It would be extremely difficult to trip a snake. Wouldn't it?
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Fri Dec 14, 2001 9:56 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Sszantiel:
<B>Wouldn't rings made for fingers be too small for a Yuan-ti tail anyhow? I never evisioned a tail slot to be occupied by a ring. Was thinking more of a Yuan-ti only piece of eq like armor plates or larger tail-only type rings.

/sszantiel</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did think of that too but apparently it would require some shifting around of several million numbers, which would be a nasty affair...

Very good point with the trip thing, it should be even harder to trip them than bash them, at the least.
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Sun Dec 16, 2001 10:58 am

I like the devour idea, pretty interesting.

As for the tail slot...well, I've been pondering this for years now - maybe we'll get around to it eventually, but no promises! Image

------------------
<B>Shevarash -- Code Forger of Sojourn3
</B>
Tayros
Sojourner

Postby Tayros » Sun Dec 16, 2001 5:17 pm

Thanks! I'll be forethcoming on this, my real motive is to cackle like a crazy person IRL 'cause I just devoured a child in BG...

*picks up phone* *dials 1-800-GET-HELP*

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”