Demonic Embodiment

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
Abbayarra
Sojourner

Demonic Embodiment

Postby Abbayarra » Thu Dec 13, 2001 2:23 am

I really like the idea of elemental embodiment that was mentioned as the bread and butter of elementalists. I like it so much that I would like to suggest that somewhere, somehow it is found appropriate for a spell to be created that allows a character to cast Demonic embodiment. Perhaps 10th circle with all the abilities of a 50th level demon given to the caster, but with the downside of when the spell falls the demon takes your soul(die).
I know it's not a Lich/necro spell. But it would really be a cool last stand/desperation spell.
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Thu Dec 13, 2001 2:48 am

Wow, heheh, I really like that idea...

Corth
Ensis
Sojourner

Postby Ensis » Thu Dec 13, 2001 3:52 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Abbayarra:
<B>I really like the idea of elemental embodiment that was mentioned as the bread and butter of elementalists. I like it so much that I would like to suggest that somewhere, somehow it is found appropriate for a spell to be created that allows a character to cast Demonic embodiment. Perhaps 10th circle with all the abilities of a 50th level demon given to the caster, but with the downside of when the spell falls the demon takes your soul(die).
I know it's not a Lich/necro spell. But it would really be a cool last stand/desperation spell. </B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Any rolemaster gurus out there? Sounds like chaos lords to me Image

E

to elaborate: chaos lords summon demons (although in the rolemaster world they arent as powerful unless you're talking 60th level Balrog type demons) anyways they summon them, bind them, and permanency them to their bodies, in effect creating sentient demon armor out of their skin. kinda like Stormbringer too now that i think about it.

[This message has been edited by Ensis (edited 12-12-2001).]
Azenilsee
Sojourner

Postby Azenilsee » Thu Dec 13, 2001 5:38 am

awesome idea Image
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Thu Dec 13, 2001 9:56 am

That is actually a pretty cool idea, not sure what class it would fit with though.. *ponder*

------------------
<B>Shevarash -- Code Forger of Sojourn3
</B>
Ilshadrial
Sojourner

Postby Ilshadrial » Thu Dec 13, 2001 1:02 pm

Anti-Paladin! Make them UBER!

Ilshad
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Thu Dec 13, 2001 1:59 pm

Paladins.. they are weak, boring and underpowered. I hear they also need a hitroll of 13, that's crazy, poor guys. Also they have to dismount and then remount so they can still fight in !mount rooms. Horrible indeed. Poor saps!
Jegzed
Sojourner

Postby Jegzed » Thu Dec 13, 2001 1:59 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ilshadrial:
<B>Anti-Paladin! Make them UBER!
</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Feh! It's obviously a level 1 bard skill!
azzixxenae
Sojourner

Postby azzixxenae » Thu Dec 13, 2001 2:18 pm

anti-paladin
Tovar
Sojourner

Postby Tovar » Thu Dec 13, 2001 2:36 pm

Hrmmm....neat idea....not sure of what class specifics should be...but maybe it could be like lich for an A-P or what not....long involved quest involving pact with the dark powers to become a Chaos Lord or something....*shrug* just some food for thought
Aedarton
Sojourner

Postby Aedarton » Thu Dec 13, 2001 2:53 pm

That would be a good quest.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Thu Dec 13, 2001 4:05 pm

Are you kidding me? That would be evil cleric all the way. Couldn't hardly balance that out though, could ya?
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Dec 13, 2001 4:42 pm

hey abba did you ever play ImperialDiku? a skill similar to this (you don't die at the end) was on this mud. it belonged to the evil clerics and they would get an extra attack and some other stuff like enhanced damroll
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Thu Dec 13, 2001 8:02 pm

I don't think giving an extra skill to evil clerics would have any balance issues, at least on the !evil race side of things. Why? There are 0 evil clerics! I've been trying to give away a nifty evil cleric only item for some time now and can't find anyone to give it to Image

Corth

[This message has been edited by Corth (edited 12-13-2001).]
Nebomosel
Sojourner

Postby Nebomosel » Thu Dec 13, 2001 8:22 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Corth:
<B>I don't think giving an extra skill to evil clerics would have any balance issues, at least on the !evil race side of things. Why? There are 0 evil clerics! I've been trying to give away a nifty evil cleric only item for some time now and can't find anyone to give it to Image

Corth

[This message has been edited by Corth (edited 12-13-2001).]</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Corth, find me, I have a noobie evil cleric and would love to get some gear for him.

Neb
izarek
Sojourner

Postby izarek » Thu Dec 13, 2001 10:51 pm

Demonic Embodiment? Is that when you grow a big hairy arse like Gargauth's and can then stun everyone in the room by mooning them?
Todrael
Sojourner

Postby Todrael » Fri Dec 14, 2001 2:11 am

Clerics have been asking for something new.. perhaps in 10th circle, Angelic and Demonic Embodiment, one can only be cast by good alignment, the other only by evil, or perhaps depending on the target's instead of the caster's alignment.

Effects could be something like a combination of a lesser vit, haste, and bless, or maybe some magic resistance.. would certainly give clerics a little more substance.

-Todrael
Keran
Sojourner

Postby Keran » Fri Dec 14, 2001 2:22 am

Evil Barbarian only, first names starting with T.

snort

Toarn
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Fri Dec 14, 2001 12:36 pm

command proc on a new dwarf only hammer of course...evils become demons.,..good align become a solar...enjoy
Ensis
Sojourner

Postby Ensis » Fri Dec 14, 2001 1:57 pm

As much as I would love to see clerics get a boost, maybe this could be the answer to the plight of the evil races having only one warrior class?

In rolemaster it's a variant of Rangers, but I think it could be tweaked to make something more unique for the ebils.

The spell lists are:

Chaotic Armor (Controlling and Binding the demons to their skin)

Chaotic Weapon (basically attack spells that mutate the target, causing damage and critical hits)

Chaotic Mastery (hm..more like area effect damage)

Dark Law (basically negative energy bolts, a necromancer list)
Dark Lore (ebil divination)
Dark Contacts (contacting said demons)
Dark Summons (summoning demons for the armor)

The really cool thing about the class IMHO is that its kindof an ordeal to get the armor to work, but is worth it in the long run.

IE: At level 1 a Chaotic lord has the spells "summon demon I" (a wussy demon) and "chaotic armor I" (binding it to his flesh). Giving him the armor class of say leather, a little bonus to spellsaves, and the chance at a random demonic trait (anything from a discolored eye, to wings, regeneration, stat bonuses, darkvision, etc..)

The downside to this is that the Chaotic Lord doesn't get the 'control chaotic armor' spell until 4th level, so they have to make a regular amount of saves or else the demon rips itself from the host, doing a pretty good amount of damage and then turning on its captor. Once you get the next circle spell (Control Chaotic Armor (I II III or IV) you have until you decide to purge the demon and get a new one, (Which as well is a long painful process).

Now I don't want to create a ton of stuff for coders to do, I know you all are wicked overworked, just thought i'd elaborate a little since chevy showed some interest Image Hope mebbe we can see some of it in the future, even if it is just a little addition to evil clerics =)

E

[This message has been edited by Ensis (edited 12-14-2001).]
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Fri Dec 14, 2001 5:23 pm

Anti-Paladin, self only.

And give A-Ps to Orcs already! Image

- Ragorn
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Fri Dec 14, 2001 9:48 pm

Quite frankly this is the way the conj class was at one point going to go - diabolist.

There was much ado about a spell to charm demons. Why not go a step further and make a Diabolist class?

I volunteer to brainstorm half their spells and check for balance! :P
Treladian
Sojourner

Postby Treladian » Fri Dec 14, 2001 10:56 pm

I can imagine some interesting side effects to a demonic embodiment when around devils or devilish embodiment when around demons and celestial embodiment when around either *cackle*
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Fri Dec 14, 2001 11:58 pm

A succubus says 'I have orders for you.'
Zaryn now follows a succubus.
A succubus forms a new group.

Oh wait, it probably wouldn't be allowable for paladins... hehe.
Abbayarra
Sojourner

Postby Abbayarra » Sat Dec 15, 2001 1:30 pm

Hey Dalar,
Nope, I've never played that mud. I played up to 49th on hercules mud and played on Mystic adventures before it shut down. I eventually found this mud, but then it shut down, loved my assassin.
I thought of this because I know they want pc tanks, also it's sad that any mob at 50th can wax any pc. This spell can make a pc "uber" at a high cost.
I thought it would make you stronger, more hit points, and most important, able to shrug spells, healing and hurting, hehehe.
This is a high level spell that can turn the tide is a fight. Say your on fire plane, get walked in on and boom, grouped getting whacked, boom, cast this spell, start taking them all on, doing damage and taking damage in insane quantities, it would be so cool!
Anyway it concerns me the ability to twink this spell. Maybe the strength would have to be less, after all, what does death mean? Maybe only able to cast this spell every so often, kind of like assassination.
If this spell is cleric it would have to be both good and evil, then goods couldn't die by the spirit inhabiting them, so strength would have to be less.
If it is anti-paladin only, then it could be that strong. I don't know if either of these classes could use more strength at high level. Interesting side note, with Tiamats ability to dispel summoned creatures, if you cast this spell you would be considered a summoned creature, thus she would dispel you! No twinking there!
The only other idea I have worth mentioning is for spell casters, I think it sucks that mobs can shrug while pc's(to my knowledge) cannot. How about a spell that give pc's either an ability to shrug spells(good and bad) or a spell that will cause a mob to lose part of his ability to shrug, say 20% if fail save, 10% if it doesn't?
Anyway, just my 2 cents, back to mudding.
Abbayarra
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Mon Dec 17, 2001 2:48 pm

Abb - there is something that works against mobs and their saves.

PC MR is very rare, that's why you haven't seen it (heck, *I* haven't seen it yet) but it does exist.

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”