Blink

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
Taka
Sojourner

Blink

Postby Taka » Tue Feb 26, 2002 9:35 pm

I don't play an invoker, but I often see dead invoker when we zone. Since they don't have rescue and do not have any protection spell, they are usualy the last one to get spelled up which means they'll often only get spelled up for a couple of rooms and not for most of the zone.

My suggestion would be for a "blink" spell (you can find an other name if you don't like this one) which would be like a "in room teleport". The effect would be that all the mobs would stop hitting the person who casted it.

Effect when a group is fighting:
All mobs stop fighting the caster and start on someone else (like if he was dead or had fleed).
Effect when alone:
The effect would be similar to disengage (that would work when tanking). Of course since there is no one else they would reengage soon after, but that could give the caster the time to move to an other room (of his choice) before they reengage.

Of course the cast time should be instantanous, and no (or very tiny) lag after casting other wise it would be a waist of time to use.

I think this could be helpfull in giving a chance to invoker to survive switch/incomming without creating inbalances (well if you see any state it).

(it may sound a bit like an illusionist spell, so if you want to give it to them as well fine, but I think invoker would need it the most).
Treladian
Sojourner

Postby Treladian » Tue Feb 26, 2002 10:40 pm

< 538h/538H 167p/167P 126v/125V >
<> h blink
BLINK
Spell.

Area of effect: <victim>
Aggressive: No
Cumulative: No
Duration: Instantaneous
Class/Circle: Enchanter 3rd
Type of spell: Teleportation

This spell has two slightly different effects, depending on the situation
it is used in. It may only be cast on yourself or groupmembers. When cast
on a tank who has other group members in the room, the tank will
instantaneously blink out of existence and reappear a few feet away, out of
the enemy's reach. The enemy will switch to another target as soon as the
tank disappears. When cast on a non-tanking group member, or when cast on
one's self when you are without assistance, the target will be teleported
one room away, in a random direction.

------------------
"Maybe I should stop and ask for directions . . ."
torkur
Sojourner

Postby torkur » Tue Feb 26, 2002 11:05 pm

Good idea, but as a zoning invoker I can say it prolly wouldn't get used by any invokers worth there butt in zoning and we die 'cause we're meant to lack defense, why so few ppl play invokers but want us for damage incarnate. :P

Counter example to having this spell: Jot's gatehouses or other big groups of mobs.

If anything switches to me and I cast a blink type spell, the mob switches to another random member of the group.....fhealer, enchanter.....people I want to LIVE over myself because they keep the warriors alive.
As much as people like to joke about mages having tons of hitpoints compared to others and not tanking poorly at all, I don't nor do plenty of people I know who play those classes, so unless you got lucky and it switched to the main tank, everyone who had this spell could have to blink themselves.....it'd be a nightmare for tanks, rangers, rogues...etc....and while it might have a few uses, these spots are the places where we die.

Basically:
Nice thought for us to live more, but my life is less important than the tanks, enchanters, and healers in the group living, so no way I'd ever use it in a zone.

Better to have the warrior guard/anti-switch, or improve ranger tanking/ bashing/ rescuing, or make AC absorb more so hitters try to rescue as well to keep us alive.

Please don't give us any more stuff unless it's new types of damage spells and effects nested in them.

[This message has been edited by torkur (edited 02-26-2002).]
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Wed Feb 27, 2002 8:13 am

I never see dead invokers when we zone. Must be a warrior thing on your side.
Jegzed
Sojourner

Postby Jegzed » Wed Feb 27, 2002 9:41 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by cherzra:
I never see dead invokers when we zone. Must be a warrior thing on your side.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought Todrael and Ssryth were dead invokers?
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Wed Feb 27, 2002 12:39 pm

Cherzra, you should know better- we don't use warriors since we have paladins, anti-paladins, and rangers.

Yayaril
Kegor
Sojourner

Postby Kegor » Wed Feb 27, 2002 12:50 pm

The invoker class is fine the way it is. Sounds like warriors in your groups aren't doing thier job.

-Jaz
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Wed Feb 27, 2002 3:39 pm

Jaznolg, see my post above. Our paladin tanks are too busy charging to rescue, since charge is the end all be all of auxilary attacks. We don't use warriors anymore.

Yayaril
Ilshadrial
Sojourner

Postby Ilshadrial » Wed Feb 27, 2002 4:17 pm

Heh invokers are fine as is, after seeing Mplor and Silverast playing one, they soloed and never really ever died *shrug*. Like Cherza said, It has to be a warrior thing, I mean triggers can only do so much right? mahaha
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Thu Feb 28, 2002 2:10 am

i ban all warriors who go to skellies

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”