glanceable effects, uber spells having no negatives

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
kiryan
Sojourner

glanceable effects, uber spells having no negatives

Postby kiryan » Mon Mar 11, 2002 11:00 am

You feel your skin transform into dragon scales.

You feel your skin harden to stone.

couple things ive always pondered is does your skin literally turn to dragon scales? wouldnt that trash your dex and agility, possibly str? wouldnt it also give you kick ass natural ac and protect you for the most part from fire and dragon breath? why is displace a visible effect? should missile shield be a visible effect?

consider if we changed stoneskin to an unglanceable spell. makes life more difficult (not really), but stone is a pretty sweet spell. Same with displace. perhaps dragonscales should literally change your skin into dragon scales (a glanceable effect) and give you a -18 agi/dex/str but improve your ac by 20.

the negative affects in the example above could give stat bonuses more prominence.

Lets see some negative effects on uber spells. simple things like whether a spell is glanceable can be negatives that dont really effect game engine. the examples above are for illustration rather than suggestions. perhaps stone could be glanceable, improved and the negatives added while dragonscales remains uber bad ass but unglanceable.
Tuga
Sojourner

Postby Tuga » Mon Mar 11, 2002 12:36 pm

What crack are you on man? I want some Image

Tuga the Sunless Troll
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Mon Mar 11, 2002 2:26 pm

Man, I get a case of dry skin and it's obvious. If I got downright scaley I'd never go outside because everybody would be staring at me... and people in your group aren't supposed to be able to see that?
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Mon Mar 11, 2002 2:59 pm

the barkskin hides it Image

Druids - takin' the blame, so enchanters can game.
Gurns
Sojourner

Postby Gurns » Mon Mar 11, 2002 3:30 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by moritheil:
Druids - takin' the blame</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not druids in general, Mori, it's your job! Image

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”