Once again, askance to remove skill loss.

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
Malacar
Sojourner

Once again, askance to remove skill loss.

Postby Malacar » Mon Apr 22, 2002 10:15 am

I would like to see this removed. We players have been posting about it for ages, but honestly, it really needs to get removed. Casters get smoked on this. Warriors and rogues and palis, etc... they use their skills so much, they notch faster. My losing 2 notches in meditate could take weeks to get back.

Can someone PLEASE change this? Image

------------------
Malacar - omg ymir!
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Mon Apr 22, 2002 10:19 am

And to clarify before some schmuck posts something snide, I mean skill loss on death/skill use.

------------------
Malacar - omg ymir!
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Mon Apr 22, 2002 2:25 pm

and those 2 notches in meditate or qc or ... are gonna have how big of an impact in your character's life...
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Mon Apr 22, 2002 4:56 pm

Yeah, you can also add to the list the fact that when you die your trophy gets higher.

Corth

------------------
Goddamned slippery mage.
muma
Sojourner

Postby muma » Mon Apr 22, 2002 6:32 pm

either fix the problems with losing level, or make it so that u cannot lose a level. i think this makes more sense....once you've earned a rank, you keep it no matter how much u die.
<edit> i'm not saying that we won't lose exp, just saying the level, so basically u could stay at the beginning of a level for a really long time...</edit>
------------------
Leah A. W.

[This message has been edited by muma (edited 04-22-2002).]
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Mon Apr 22, 2002 6:34 pm

Ooh boohoo, you lose 2 skill notches and may have to spend up to a week to regain them...

------------------
Xebes
Sojourner

Postby Xebes » Tue Apr 23, 2002 3:32 am

Meditate can go 3 weeks to a month without notching. Enjoy.

------------------
-<(#)>- Xebes makes your heart start to race REAL FAST!
Mishre
Sojourner

Postby Mishre » Tue Apr 23, 2002 4:52 am

yeah.. losing levels is a pain.... you should just say, be level 46, and be at
-60% of your level if you keep dieing w/o a ress or gaining exp.. but still be 46.. would make things much better w/o making things too easy/cheasy...

------------------
Mishri }-Sentinel-{ Shades of Twilight
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Tue Apr 23, 2002 5:38 am

what insight does your post offer to this discussion, cherzra?

you are/were a valued member of this community. you made a big mistake, and are no longer allowed to play. please dont be an ass on the boards.

on topic:
i've played a game where there was no level loss, however to make up for this exp was insanely hard. i'm sure there are other ways, but i dont want to see xp made any harder. it's already a game tailored towards the hardcore college kid who can put in 12 hours a day.

no level loss would be a boon, and i'd be more willing personally to explore the game and learn it more if i knew that evern after getting smacked around 8 times in half an hour i wont lose my level.

couple this with how much harder it is to find a resser when you're online and ready for ress and they are not occupied compare to previous wipes and you have a problem that lead to so many freakin corpses lying around the game.

this leads to a lot of other things, but that would be too long of a post..

thankyoudrivethru
Rausrh
Sojourner

Postby Rausrh » Tue Apr 23, 2002 1:48 pm

Mishre,
So when (read if) I hit level 50 my fear of dieing would be almost zero. What would I have to loose? The only things I don't like on the mud is loosing anything for good; such as stat points or eq(breath/water). Loosing some stats temporarly is fine.

A compromise could be that you loose your skills when you loose your level. Once you re-gain the level, your stats slowly come back say over the next day of playing time.

Bah obviously too much trouble for what its worth. Never mind me, I have no sleep from staying up late and playing some online game with trolls and such...

------------------
Rausrh licks you.
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Tue Apr 23, 2002 3:56 pm

I started this thread asking only to remove skill loss on level loss. If you want level loss removed, please create a different thread. Image

------------------
Malacar - omg ymir!
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Tue Apr 23, 2002 5:10 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Rausrh:
<B>Mishre,
So when (read if) I hit level 50 my fear of dieing would be almost zero. What would I have to loose?
</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bahahahahaha!

MoriGroups for all!

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”