Memory Blur

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
Dulzuth
Sojourner

Memory Blur

Postby Dulzuth » Wed Mar 06, 2002 6:26 pm

First let me say that enchanters are, if played well one of the most powerful classes in the game.
With that being said..
I thought this might make a decent spell, dunno how twinky it would be because you do need to get the spell off on the target, and it only stops aggro to one person at a time. Also, invokers have been given non-quest 9th and 10th circle spells.

"MEMORY BLUR"
Spell.

Area of effect: <victim>
Aggressive: Yes
Cumulative: Yes
Duration: Dependent on proficiency of caster
Class/Circle: Enchanter 10th
Type of spell: Enchantment

This spell causes the victim's memory to blur, temporarily erasing it's aggro to one person. While this spell is in affect, the mob will not track, summon, etc.

------------------
Dulzuth - General of the 1st Zombie Brigade
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Wed Mar 06, 2002 8:35 pm

feeb?
Treladian
Sojourner

Postby Treladian » Wed Mar 06, 2002 9:40 pm

This is more like song of forgetfulness than feeb, even if the name is reminiscent of feeb . . .

------------------
"Maybe I should stop and ask for directions . . ."
Dulzuth
Sojourner

Postby Dulzuth » Wed Mar 06, 2002 10:03 pm

Well Enchanters not only deal with protective magic, but also magic that deals with manipulating sentient minds. Think feeblemind, ray, fumble, etc. They are the more generic type of de-buffer. Charm Person also fits with the generic theme of the class.

The spell I'm proposing would NOT stop the mob from casting, being aggro, etc, but would prevent it from tracking/summoning or dimming to somebody who aggro'd it. Not everybody who aggro'd it, but one person for each time it has been landed on the mob.
The spell shouldn't last long, maybe as long as haste?

Oh well, maybe it would be too powerful when considering game balance.

------------------
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Thu Mar 07, 2002 2:23 am

Corth thinks it's twinky, I bet.

After all, this replicates the mislead? bug that he vociferously fought.

And we know how the admins responded... :P

You have good ideas tho... Keep them coming!
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Thu Mar 07, 2002 5:06 am

loses agro to one person? twink spell, enc got enough twink spell.

loses agro to whole group, if you put that in, should be called mislead/sequester and be an illusionist spell. I advocated making mislead cast on mob rather than group, where it mightve been useful but not guaranteed twink.
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Thu Mar 07, 2002 9:43 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by moritheil:
<B>Corth thinks it's twinky, I bet.

After all, this replicates the mislead? bug that he vociferously fought.

And we know how the admins responded... :P

You have good ideas tho... Keep them coming!</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wouldn't really say this replicates mislead before it was fixed. It only effects a single target. if anything, this spell is similar to what mislead was originally intended to be. Its better then the original mislead idea because the mob won't run around randomly.

I'm sure, however, that there is some twinkiness that can be done with a mob who doesn't remember he hates your guts. Image

Corth
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Thu Mar 07, 2002 4:34 pm

Yeah, us enchanters got enough twink spells. I mean come on.. Who wants that twinky dragonscales spell anyways, we're supposed to take full damage from every shot. Or haste, that spell can be SO abused. Globe too, you should ALWAYS take damage from cold or fireshield. If you don't, it's twinky.

Oh, and constriction... We shouldn't have 1 decent nuke, it's too twinky. And 9th circle to boot. It should be 11th, because it's too twinky at 9th. What? There's no 11th circle? Shit invent one. Enchanters are too powerful!

Kiryan, do me a favor and stop posting idiocy, mmkay? Every class has their abilities.

I'm tired of the 'twinky' label that is going around for everyone on everything. Your opinion is definitely welcome, but wtf is the need to make baseless accusations about enchanters being twinky? There isn't. Stow it, man.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Fri Mar 08, 2002 7:57 am

you dork. idiocy? i have intimate knowledge of enchanters, and i doubt anyone will disagree that enchanters are one of if not the best "twinking" class on sojourn. but let me spell it out for you.

feeblemind, power word blind will let you reduce numerous fights to a defacto single warrior class mob. Major para... not so useful imo with its abyssmal hit rate, but some think its useful for twinking.

Scales, blur, armor gives them excellent ability to tank. id rather be a scaled enchanter with 20 ac than an unscaled/stoned warrior wearing a shield with -100.

haste and constriction is icing on the cake.

memory blur sounds twinky, enc got enough twink spells.
Dulzuth
Sojourner

Postby Dulzuth » Fri Mar 08, 2002 10:18 am

How could a spell that can be resisted, that only wipes one person from aggro for maybe 2-3 minutes at level 50, basically useless on dragons/demons because of MR, be SO twinky that kiryan has to flame this thread and the people who posted in it? Damn that was a long sentence Image

Kiryan you play enchanter? I thought it was your gf playing since you were always playing your warrior Image

------------------

[This message has been edited by Dulzuth (edited 03-08-2002).]
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Fri Mar 08, 2002 4:20 pm

yea so i said intimate knowledge since i taught her to play and leveled her.

and we got married in december its wife now.

[This message has been edited by kiryan (edited 03-08-2002).]
Gurns
Sojourner

Postby Gurns » Fri Mar 08, 2002 5:02 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dulzuth:
<B>"MEMORY BLUR"
</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Isn't that already in the game? I'm sure someone has cast it on me. Oh, wait, that's RL, nm. Image
Jorus
Sojourner

Postby Jorus » Sat Apr 20, 2002 9:11 am

Dulzuth:

Try casting feeblemind on a tracking mob sometime, and disengage before hitting it again.

I've seen aggro mobs go back home and stop bothering me after this treatment.

Not sure if it works all the time though.

Regards,
Jorus
Sylvos
Sojourner

Postby Sylvos » Sat Apr 20, 2002 1:54 pm

So, playing a class using the full measure of its abilities/spells is twinky Kiryan? I always thought twink described someone who broke the rules, or was clueless. The definition has changed again, eh?

Cool, sign me up as a twink then. I take everything my class has, and I use it. Yes, minor paralysis and sleep too.

Sorry, this post doesn't actually address the initial idea. But the random flame of enchanters from Kiryan... well I couldn't pass it up.

I can't see this spell helping a full group much. Basically another spell to give chanters more range to solo or tag team stuff, like maybe specs in tower for example. Don't believe it's really needed.

Sylvos
Izizimmez
Sojourner

Postby Izizimmez » Sat Apr 20, 2002 6:49 pm

Isn't that one of the things synaptic static is supposed to do?
Lirathal
Sojourner

Postby Lirathal » Sat Apr 20, 2002 7:19 pm

Upgrade Invokers!

Lirathal
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Sat Apr 27, 2002 7:11 am

no twinky is when a single class can take a multiple mob multiple classes fight and reduce it to a single unclassed mob.

lets not add insult to injury by increasing their arsenal with spells that eliminate memory or track.

power word blind (mob no longer uses skills and melee ability is significantly reduced)
feeblemind (mob no longer a caster)

and im not even going to talk about major para or some of the other things you can use to rape mobs.
muma
Sojourner

Postby muma » Sat Apr 27, 2002 3:29 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gormal:
feeb?</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

do u know how hard it is to land a feeb? well for me anyways heheh

------------------
Leah A. W.
muma
Sojourner

Postby muma » Sat Apr 27, 2002 3:32 pm

[This message has been edited by muma (edited 04-29-2002).]
Lalisa
Sojourner

Postby Lalisa » Sun Apr 28, 2002 10:08 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kiryan:
<B>no twinky is when a single class can take a multiple mob multiple classes fight and reduce it to a single unclassed mob.
</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is there really a definition of that word?
It seems it's more a word that is used when someone wants to annoy other people (not saying this is what you do Kiryan, just using your definition as example of yet an opinion of the word).

I tried taking help on it in-game:
"A "twink" is a term used to describe a player who constantly whines
about the game, constantly badgers the Staff, has no respect for the
Staff or the game they have created, tries to bend the rules to his/her
advantage, and/or makes requests that are against the rules because
he/she can't accept his/her own mistakes."

*scratch* is it me that is confused or is there really no agreement on the meaning of 'twinky' and 'twink'?

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”