Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
Abbayarra
Sojourner

new spells and orcs

Postby Abbayarra » Wed May 15, 2002 9:54 pm

I think there needs to be 2 new spells.
One is called Nature's call
Give it to druids.
Make a non natureroom into either a nature room or a semi-nature room. Make it a long casting time. Make it so that druids can only have this spell up once. Once you cast it, you can't cast it again until the first time duration is over. Finally make it that you cannot dispel this spell.
The second spell is called entangling roots.
This spell causes the victim/recipient to be unable to flee or be bashed. It can be cast on a PC with consent.
Finally, make it so that orcs can be druids or anti-paladins.
I love options, either in spellcasting or classes.
Gurns
Sojourner

Postby Gurns » Thu May 16, 2002 12:11 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Abbayarra:
<B>I think there needs to be 2 new spells.
</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think a spell called "Nature's Call" would be great.

You complete your spell.
With a yellow flash, your spell strikes the (mobname).
The (mobname) looks distracted.
The (mobname) starts hopping from one foot to another.
The (mobname) crosses its legs.
The (mobname) flees, dashing behind the nearest bush.
Karikhan
Sojourner

Postby Karikhan » Thu May 16, 2002 9:52 am

ROFL! then they'd have to have innate TP making (you grab some leaves off a near bush, wad them up and say a few words.... some charmin appreas in your hands)

if druids and rangers get that spell ...

I hope evils get some equivalent .. how bout innate darkness that actually makes a room DARK, not pitchblacK ???

or an evil mass-transport spell like moonwell (had heard squids were getting a wormhole type skill ... is this true??)

------------------
Ambar -= Squishin de Squid =-
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Thu May 16, 2002 3:03 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Abbayarra:
<B>I think there needs to be 2 new spells.
Give it to druids.
Make a non natureroom into either a nature room or a semi-nature room. Make it a long casting time. Make it so that druids can only have this spell up once. Once you cast it, you can't cast it again until the first time duration is over. Finally make it that you cannot dispel this spell.
The second spell is called entangling roots.
This spell causes the victim/recipient to be unable to flee or be bashed. It can be cast on a PC with consent.
Finally, make it so that orcs can be druids or anti-paladins.
I love options, either in spellcasting or classes. </B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Orcs: this came up... I don't think there was resolution, but I remember tons of ppl were against orc anti's.

Entangle: it exists, just makes mob !flee, of course we never get to USE it since... well, read Sarell's thread.

Nature's call: we DEFINITELY need a spell that makes a room more naturelike... Whatever you call it.

Alternate plans include Tilandal's treant idea:
plant a treant, it grows vines and turns room into nature.

Someone else's idea: Make half-nature rooms nature.

------------------
Azuth tells you 'were you leading that disaster?'
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Fri May 17, 2002 11:56 am

evils dont need anti paladins. we have ogres and trolls.

druid orc... would be interesting, however, do you really want to give evils access to another area damage class? its not like we dont just blow up the shit out of everything already, but sure give us druids so we can have rot + doom + inferno + meteor swarm + ultrablast.

and this is before you start thinking about where druids would fit into the evil society. i mean great add it as bastard class with no real group role since we have no shortage of area dam nor do we have a shortage of teleportation means. all this would do is add more fuel to the druid sucks fire.
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Fri May 17, 2002 1:09 pm

Don't worry folks, well sucks. Remeber you have fold and a couple more mini planes now Image Unless you are mad keen on shifting lvl 25 folk back to corpse where they were exploring, or welling some group that wouldn't let you in it home :P *poke*. Make well interplanar!...nm, give me fold/gate *grins*

------------------
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Fri May 17, 2002 2:38 pm

Ummmm... true neutral orcs? Orcs have always been one of the most destructive races, and are typically the most hated of all the races when it comes to druids.
Abbayarra
Sojourner

Postby Abbayarra » Sun May 19, 2002 6:05 pm

Think about it for a second. A spell that doesn't allow you to flee or be bashed. That means a dragon couldn't flee you or bash you with wingbuffet...
Shar
FORGER ADMIN

Postby Shar » Sun May 19, 2002 7:26 pm

Remember, giving an ability/spell to PC's means giving it to mobs as well.

Shar
Kerath
Sojourner

Postby Kerath » Sun May 26, 2002 1:42 am

I seem to recall the old debate about orc anti-paladins. I basically agree that orcs don't seem to fit the class description, since they don't even get clerics, and an anti is a hybrid warrior-cleric. They seem to lack the wisdom and devotion necessary to meet the requirements.

However, I know there's been talk about yuan-ti going on for a long, long time. In their help file, it says that yuan-ti are an intensely religious race. Perhaps they could pull off being antis? I don't remember if this was ever proposed or not. It would probably work best as a 'mirror class', much like battlechanters mirror bards, but are slightly altered. They could be called Zealots or something, and have special lizard mounts that only they could use. They'd have pretty much identical skills, though.

It'd probably be a lot of work to code; it's just an idea. And as to whether or not evils 'need' antis: no, they don't. But there's all kinds of things that people don't 'need' that are cool. Right now, I play a troll warrior, and he rocks Image But I also crave some variety every once in a while, and would love to roll up a dinky alt of a different class. However, I'm not one of those folks who can just outfit any class, I simply don't have the gear for it. It'd be nice if there was some other evilrace class that could use warrior gear, to save me having to try and put together a whole new set just for an alt. Maybe someday I won't have that problem, but for now, it's a pain. Not to mention, I just think variety is good in general.

- Kagrar, who's always liked the concepts behind yuan-tis and anti-paladins.
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Sun May 26, 2002 2:00 am

I say we give the ability to commit suicide to players. That way, mobs get the power to do it as well.

------------------
-Yayaril
Izizimmez
Sojourner

Postby Izizimmez » Sun May 26, 2002 8:59 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Karikhan:
I hope evils get some equivalent .. how bout innate darkness that actually makes a room DARK, not pitchblacK ???</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Remember that thing called globe of darkness? I don't think it's even neccessary to explain why giving one of a class's main skills to a race innately would be uncool.
Jegzed
Sojourner

Postby Jegzed » Sun May 26, 2002 9:01 pm

Don't change how drow's innate dark works..

Its already perfect.

------------------
/Jegzed - Sorcere Master - Crimson Coalition

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”