vital strike ideas

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
kiryan
Sojourner

vital strike ideas

Postby kiryan » Tue Jun 25, 2002 11:41 am

Vital strike
first effective on undead??

lets drop the rate significantly and make it keep the mob bashed for a long ass time. 30 rounds or until mob gets full healed? I think that would be a little more neat than seein a mob stabbed in the belly 5 or 6 times a fight and crash to the ground (does strike always cause mob to kneel?). They already circling like mad, and everyone got procing weapons going off. Lets add some that happen very rarely but is stronger.
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Tue Jun 25, 2002 6:29 pm

Actually, i wouldnt be opposed to this idea if my dagger didnt proc on vital strikes. since the etched dagger procs only on backstab/crit/vital strike and halflings crit once every 100 rounds or so, my dagger would be even more a piece than it is now. If they made a dagger where the procs werent dependant on something i did very very rarely this idea would be great and logical.

------------------
Kifle "It Slipped I swear!" ButteryFingers
gnerble
Sojourner

Postby gnerble » Tue Jun 25, 2002 6:59 pm

Vital Strike is an interesting ability.

It used to set the targets status to kneeling, but I believe that was changed as we were kneeling dragons, giants, etc.

As it is now, I think it only works on mobs that are close to you in size. I vital striked Kostchtchie and that didn't stop his clouds. If you vital strike a mob that IS your size, chances are the mob was already bashed/tripped etc. Say I trip a mob, and then in two round I vital strike him.. he will still get back up the next round.

I think that the secondary effects of vital strike are just an added bonus that may or may not work, and I think that is fine. I would rather have the primary effect (increased damage) anyway, and I think the frequency is just dandy.

-Gnerbs

------------------
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Tue Jun 25, 2002 7:40 pm

Vital strike has two effects, if you read the message. One just sends blood flying and probably adds damage. The other causes them to drop to their knees in agony, which is pretty self explanatory. Dragons and probably several other big nasty creatures are immune to the latter affect.

------------------
-Yayaril

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”