Ress fatigue re-re-visited

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
Kifle
Sojourner

Ress fatigue re-re-visited

Postby Kifle » Thu Aug 01, 2002 7:38 pm

I know there are probably 100 topics out there with the same tagline, but i have a new(or so i may think) suggestion on the topic and i am too lazy to bump a post.

The main problem i have with ress fx is that you have to wait 12 minutes or so before you get your second ress. After doing a zone like avernus, scorps, etc.. you can really pile up the corpses. Especially if you bring along less experienced players. After this kind of zone the resser is bogged down for an hour or so ressing ppl and pressing the corpses that noboby wants to wait to ress, why?

Well, i have a suggestion. How about you make it to where all of your stats go down except for Con? You still would not be able to move/mem, but you could get all of the resses out of the way at once. What would be 1hr of ressing would turn into 15 minutes or less.

Another suggestion I had was this. When you die and are not a cleric type, you have to have one press your corpse if you cant get a ress...sometimes people will press them, but not long enough. It has happend to me many times. I have had somebody press a corpse, came back, checked if it was still there a few hours later, it was, came back another hour later and it was gone.

Suggestion:

Would it be possible to have a timer set up on the corpse when you have DM that only the owner of the corpse could see? Kind of like a member of a guilds debts? You could put it right next to the (magic) flag.

Thanks for your time.

------------------
"Kill them all, God will know his own." -Domingo de Guzman, A.K.A Saint Dominic
gogk
Sojourner

Postby gogk » Thu Aug 01, 2002 7:44 pm

that would be really beneficial.

i like that idea.

------------------
Gogk, Everyone Picks On The Fat Kid
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Thu Aug 01, 2002 8:08 pm

well on one hand removal of ress effects would be sweet as hell .. would allow that caster who lost level 46 and his spanky new spell on that third death to regain the spell quickly with a ress and boom back into the zone u go ...

on the other hand .. it IS a return from death . there has got to be some penalty!!

on the 12 minute effects timer .. you don't HAVE to wait .. you can get ress after ress after ress .... take a chance!! *grin*

but each time i have pressed a corpse i have told the person how many hours is on it .. whether it be via mudmail if the person logged off (maybe i am just a nice person?).. or a tell saying hey buttmunch u have 736528303 real hours on it.. ask the same of your preserver (or get it permed)

*2 coppers JUST aint worth what they used to be*

------------------
Ambar -= Beloved Matron =- Crimson Coalition
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Thu Aug 01, 2002 8:42 pm

Ambar, there would still be ress fx, just not on con so you could do multiple resses in one sitting...but you would still have to wait the 12 minutes before you are mobile/up to full str/int/wis/etc...

Having the press hours on would be cool if it could be togged on/off so you could check then tog it off?

------------------
"Kill them all, God will know his own." -Domingo de Guzman, A.K.A Saint Dominic
Galkar
Sojourner

Postby Galkar » Thu Aug 01, 2002 8:56 pm

To make this "really" beneficial in that way kifle, the ress fx timer would have to reset everytime a new ress was laid on you.

If the ress fx stacked, yer still in the same boat as before as far as waiting goes and ressing will take just as long. But the cleric can clear out a room of corpses much quicker, and you can make sure you get your exp back and not risk loosing corpses due to confusion.....

Decent idea, but I agree ambar, don't wanna make death to easy to handle. I like it the second way personally. Player who died 10 times still gets the penalties for death, but he can be sure to get all of that exp back all at once, and the clerics can go about their marry little ways.

------------------
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Thu Aug 01, 2002 10:17 pm

There are so many good ideas on the bbs in this thread and others about how to deal with res effect. Shev has said in the past that he would like to tone it down. I think res effect is one of the major reasons i can't bear going to a zone anymore. The amount of 'dead time' when your just sitting around waiting for something or other kills this mud. I implore the gods to do something about this already..

Corth

------------------
Goddamned slippery mage.
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Thu Aug 01, 2002 10:31 pm

I LIKE ress fatigue. Gives you some time off in zones.

The only time it sucks, is when you are finished zoning and need to ress in town.

To solve this, you can make a conditional statement, "if (room vnum= DK morgue) or (room vnum = WD morgue), ress fatigue = 5 minutes", you get the picture.

------------------
Jurdex
Sojourner

Postby Jurdex » Thu Aug 01, 2002 10:58 pm

Ress effects really hurt gameplay.

Especially when you consider the fact that more and more zones require ressing because of !teleport flags.

Also, some fights you are sure to die on, but you have to keep fighting, so you have staggered deaths, and you finally get to the point where 2-3 people have 3 mins to go on ress fatigue, 2-3 have 7 mins to go, and 2-3 have like 10 mins to go..

Kifle's idea isn't a bad one, but I'd rather see fatigue take a flat rate of 5 mins.

You could also have the flat rate of 5 mins and have the race of the character modify that. So a dwarf might recover in 4 mins, a human would recover in 5 mins, but an elf would recover in 6 mins?

Dornax
Jurdex

------------------
The Raven of Wisdom

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
"My Honor is My Life"
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Fri Aug 02, 2002 3:19 am

Most positively love the idea of keeping con uneffected so can res again, is a real pain specially for the cleric who can't even get a res, to sit around after night zoning ressing for half an hour ressing.
I am not sure of my opinion bout the penalty for res time in zones. *shrug*, goods and bads been talked about lots...

------------------

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”