Hrm, new warrior/subclass skills.

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
Iaiken Toransier
Sojourner

Hrm, new warrior/subclass skills.

Postby Iaiken Toransier » Tue Aug 13, 2002 6:01 pm

I was thinking at work the other day while doing shipment, what if you could say chose a fighting stance in the MUD?

Just think about it, different combat stances like:

All out Defence: Character forsakes his attacks to gain extra tries to parry and dodge attacks comming his way. Useless for soloing, but awsome if you are main tank.

Defencive: sacrifice 1/2 of your attacks for a boost to your parry/dodge/block skills. Solo fights might take longer, but against low hitroll mobs you will be in a much better position. Aslo good for tanking.

Standard... self explanitory.

Agressive: sacrifice 1/2 your parry dodge skills for a 50% bonus to damage roll... Nice for those wanna be hitter warriors/rangers/paladins.

BERSERK: (evil only) Evil aligned warriors would have the option to drop thier guard in favor of all out offence. Someone who is berserk would lose all checks for Def skills, thier agi bonus to AC and instead gain double damage roll, and maybe an extra attack.

So that is my idea.

I think this would really flesh out the different warrior classes, as then even extra warriors in a group could provide comparable damage.

Imagine seeing a crazed ogre with a 2h gith rampaging through a fight with total disregard for his own safety, and that of his foes. Or a paladin on full guard, concentrating on every attack comming his way. Or a ranger spinning about a fight with a sword in each hand concentrating on doing as much harm as he could... I would fear him more than any rouge.

Just hope it's worth a look.

------------------

Iaiken Toransier,
Paladin of Torm
Glarec
Sojourner

Postby Glarec » Wed Aug 14, 2002 2:59 am

interesting but i already know what people are going to do.

all defense *stare*

and u wonder why they wear all hp gears.
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Wed Aug 14, 2002 3:19 am

playing wannabe dragonball muds has sickened me of stances.

------------------
-Daz "<^> (*¿*) <^>" Proudwolf
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Wed Aug 14, 2002 12:17 pm

I really don't think PC tanking should get any stronger especially at a marginal sacrifice like half your attacks.

I really don't think that warriors damage ability should improve unless all melee classes improve by a similar amount. lets not add any more fuel to the fire.

------------------
------
where ara you my rittle raabuuri
Rivi
Sojourner

Postby Rivi » Wed Aug 14, 2002 7:49 pm

When did Dragonball have stances?
Treladian
Sojourner

Postby Treladian » Thu Aug 15, 2002 1:44 am

Anyone that's watched dragonball knows that there's only one stance in it anyway, the constipated stance where you make groaning noises powering up for half an hour.

------------------
You fire a black-shafted elven arrow to the east at Gormal's pet goat with masterful shooting that does lethal damage!
You receive your share of experience.

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”