Identify

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
Zoldren
Sojourner

Identify

Postby Zoldren » Tue Oct 01, 2002 12:59 pm

make it so when you ID something it tells you where it is worn.....

obj_type==worn == lot of info, thanks :P

is anoying when id'n alot of stuff and having to figure out where its worn, yes most are obvious, but some can be worn in different places, and some things you would think are worn one spot but realy worn another..

think about pink snake pits

------------------
MoM-D
Rausrh
Sojourner

Postby Rausrh » Tue Oct 01, 2002 2:53 pm

Oh please please please please please...

------------------
Rausrh licks you.
old depok
Sojourner

Postby old depok » Tue Oct 01, 2002 5:11 pm

Pink Snake Pits:

Worn: underarms

Effects you as: Protection from odor

Depok
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Tue Oct 01, 2002 9:13 pm

Just try to wear the item with your full set on, it will tell you "you are already wearing something on your blah blah".

its that easy, and now we can have the coders work on something more important..

------------------
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'
Zoldren
Sojourner

Postby Zoldren » Tue Oct 01, 2002 9:19 pm

thanks o wise one..you forgot one thing some things can be worn on more than one slot, anyone dumbasses asside...

------------------
MoM-D
Zoldren
Sojourner

Postby Zoldren » Mon Oct 07, 2002 3:59 pm

thanks Image owns

------------------
MoM-D
Jorus
Sojourner

Postby Jorus » Tue Oct 08, 2002 7:11 am

Let the furious database updating begin.

Does anyone else love how easy it is to get zMUD to update a database entry? NOT

Jorus/Arishae
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Tue Oct 08, 2002 9:56 am

I worship your zmud knowledge, Ari.

------------------
- Ragorn
You group-say 'What's up, bro?'
Touk group-says 'Accounting homework and skill practice.'
You group-say 'Ewww... which is worse?'
Jorus
Sojourner

Postby Jorus » Mon Oct 14, 2002 10:53 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ragorn:
<B>I worship your zmud knowledge, Ari.

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gah. Talk about some buggy functions that take side-effects from (seemingly) irrelevant things. The way the manual shows it, updating a database record should be one or two commands, tops. As if.

Who would have thought that a function that says it lets you place data into a record (specified as a parameter..: #DBPUT record "data") would just happen to only do so if that record is currently being viewed in the database UI?

But if the item isn't currently being displayed.. well.. you get multiple items all thinking they're the same record (huh? you say.. me too), and some deleted records (namely the one you were trying to update), and a mess overall.

Oh, that, and there being no easy way to just move the "focus" to an arbitrary record. Yeah, fun.

What I ended up having to do to update a single record is manipulate the UI (via scripting) to create a new filter to only show items with the correct record-number, set all the fields not defined for the "new" item to a null value (to force over-writing of old, bad stats), THEN copy this over the old item. After that, I have to remove the filter.

Oh, and trying to set the value of a calculated database field is a mistake, too (apparently) as it causes some big zmud parsing exception (fortunately not a crash) rather than just ignoring the assignment.

Tsk, side-effects irritate me.

Regards,
Jorus
Nikelon
Sojourner

Postby Nikelon » Mon Oct 14, 2002 4:44 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jorus:
(huh? you say.. me too)</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, I said this about the whole dern post :P

emote needs to learn more about databases?

-Nikelon/Dizhes

------------------
Nobody's perfect.
I'm nobody.
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Mon Oct 14, 2002 6:06 pm

I know of a grey elf who deleted 5,000 rooms of mapping trying to remap a zone Image

------------------
Daz group-says 'rofl, moritheil is the mcdonald's of death'
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Wed Oct 16, 2002 4:47 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by moritheil:
<B>I know of a grey elf who deleted 5,000 rooms of mapping trying to remap a zone Image

ask Yahli about me and OLC ..

snort

go ansi!!
go mapper :P

Trewe tells you 'Lliira did you crash the mud again?? And dear don't forget the &n at the end of the line when you are changing ansi.' (doh me)

------------------
Ambar -= Beloved Matron =- Crimson Coalition
Trewe
Sojourner

Postby Trewe » Fri Oct 18, 2002 8:41 am

ohhhh flashbacks

Trewe

------------------
-=CrocHunter=- Northern Star
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Sat Oct 19, 2002 6:38 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Zoldren:
<B>thanks o wise one..you forgot one thing some things can be worn on more than one slot, anyone dumbasses asside...

Omg, zoldren whiped out his ego again and had to attack me...ugh, when will he learn big ego + childish remarks < maturity and intelligence.

Excuse me if you want to be lazy and stuff, cross dresser, but i owned you on one post and will not hesitate to do it again. There are things on this mud that are a fluff, and there are things on this mud that are necessary...seeing where you can wear an item through identify to save you 2 seconds of typing is fluff. I can tolorate your laziness irl cuz i dont know you or care to, but here we must share the same space every once in a while. so don't throw around your 3rd grade insults my way, and start to bring up things that should be fixed, k?

------------------

Dartan tells you 'i own so hard sometimes it makes me want to cry'

[This message has been edited by Kifle (edited 10-19-2002).]
Zoldren
Sojourner

Postby Zoldren » Sun Oct 20, 2002 7:05 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kifle:
<B> Omg, zoldren whiped out his ego again and had to attack me...ugh, when will he learn big ego + childish remarks < maturity and intelligence.

Excuse me if you want to be lazy and stuff, cross dresser, but i owned you on one post and will not hesitate to do it again. There are things on this mud that are a fluff, and there are things on this mud that are necessary...seeing where you can wear an item through identify to save you 2 seconds of typing is fluff. I can tolorate your laziness irl cuz i dont know you or care to, but here we must share the same space every once in a while. so don't throw around your 3rd grade insults my way, and start to bring up things that should be fixed, k?

could have kept it real simple, stay out of my threads and i'll stay out of yours, i have yet to see you add anything constructive to any thread

------------------
MoM-D
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Sun Oct 20, 2002 9:13 pm

Damn Kifle this IS the ideas thread!

Zoldren had a good idea that was in fact implemented ... shrug

------------
Telina stares dreamily at Zoldren.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Sun Oct 20, 2002 9:34 pm

>when will he learn big ego + childish remarks < maturity and intelligence.

this coming from the guy who has the following in his sig...

>Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

vote kifle for maturity and intelligence!

------------------
------
where ara you my rittle raabuuri
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Mon Oct 21, 2002 6:20 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kiryan:
<B>>when will he learn big ego + childish remarks < maturity and intelligence.

this coming from the guy who has the following in his sig...

>Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

vote kifle for maturity and intelligence!

Downgrade king,

there is a big difference between humor and maturity, you obiously dont have either.

Ambar,

Yes, this is the idea's thread, but i have also only done in this thread that zoldren has done to scores of threads...it is not a lie that this is not a necessary tweak to the code. It is not a lie that there are more important things that would make the game run much more smoothly that get passed over. I was just stating a point and he had to come out and flame me. For what, doing what he does...that is insane if he can attempt to justify his insults.

Zoldren,

I will consider this a deal, but lets up to to not to reply to each others posts in a thread and it will work much better. And to your comment about me never adding anything constructive...well...look through some threads once in a while, i am sure you will find something. Unless you are just too stubborn to admit you are wrong and said that out of spite...

------------------

Dartan tells you 'i own so hard sometimes it makes me want to cry'
Xisiqomelir
Sojourner

Postby Xisiqomelir » Mon Oct 21, 2002 3:36 pm

Zold, I went to look and found significantly more constructive than unconstructive posts/replies by Kifle.

Constructive:
http://www.sojourn3.org/ubb/Forum6/HTML/001354.html
http://www.sojourn3.org/ubb/Forum6/HTML/001367.html
http://www.sojourn3.org/ubb/Forum6/HTML/001371.html
http://www.sojourn3.org/ubb/Forum6/HTML/001372.html
http://www.sojourn3.org/ubb/Forum6/HTML/001432.html

Unconstructive:
http://www.sojourn3.org/ubb/Forum6/HTML/001386.html
http://www.sojourn3.org/ubb/Forum6/HTML/001849.html
http://www.sojourn3.org/ubb/Forum6/HTML/001954.html

Note that the unconstructives are VERY unconstructive though Image

As regards the current topic, I think this is quite a good idea. As Zoldren mentioned, there are items which go in multiple slots. Trying to wear them when fully equipped only lets you know if one slot is filled, if I'm not wrong. I don't know how much work that would be though, and certainly wouldn't dare opine what priority it should be if it were possible, and going to be implemented Image

------------------
Cherzra- "My only innate is max 10 evils on"
Todrael
Sojourner

Postby Todrael » Mon Oct 21, 2002 5:11 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Xisiqomelir:
I don't know how much work that would be though, and certainly wouldn't dare opine what priority it should be if it were possible, and going to be implemented Image</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was added about two weeks ago. RTFN

------------------
-Todrael Azz'miala, Ravager

[This message has been edited by Todrael (edited 10-21-2002).]
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Mon Oct 21, 2002 5:27 pm

Kifle, you and Zoldren need to just admit that you care about each other as much as Dartan and I do. So do what he and I agreed to do, move in together and acknowledge that whomever gets out of the house alive can say whatever they want.

Next week on "MUD Survivor" ...
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Mon Oct 21, 2002 5:31 pm

Oh, and as for Kifle's "constructive" posts. Her last post in this thread had to be the best advice I ever got.

http://www.sojourn3.org/ubb/Forum2/HTML/000618.html

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”