Rare load mobs.

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
Gavry
Sojourner

Rare load mobs.

Postby Gavry » Wed Nov 13, 2002 9:45 pm

Seeing as how the mud is becomming more and more stable and the number of quests and questers are ever increasing I was thinking about a new way to load rare mobs.

My proposal: All rare mobs will eventually load. Put every rare mob on a random timer for loading between say 1 hour and 3 days. If its meant to be a very rare mob make its bell curve closer to the 3 day mark and vise-versa for a common mob. The idea being though tha every mob will load if the mud stays up for 3 days solid, and each has a chance od loading between 1 hour into boot and 3 days.

Whatch think?

Gavry
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Wed Nov 13, 2002 10:00 pm

nice

------------------
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Dartan tells you 'i own so hard sometimes it makes me want to cry'

Nitupopple group-says 'esrel get glorishan off'
Tempus
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Tempus » Wed Nov 13, 2002 10:57 pm

What your suggesting is exchanging rare mobs for delayed mobs. Delayed mobs already exist.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Thu Nov 14, 2002 1:27 am

i dont like this idea for two major reasons.

1. right now, the two major factions wanna zone and wanna search rares view reboots the same way. the more the better. this kind of guaranteed delay load system would create a demand for extra long reboots. competition is good but i dont think this idea is.

2. the rare load % specified in the zone files is only tied to reboots. reboots are variable and more or less uncontrollable. i might argue that the % specified in zone files has no basis in reality and serves little more purpose than in haggling over how strong your allowed to make an item. the suggestion will make the ass load mobs more probable, however what happens when the next crash bug finds it way into the code?

the proposed solution does not address the root problem which is the % specicifed in the zone file is not tied to an invariable source and therefore varies wildly depending on the number of crash bug and god boots.

I would advocate that the rare loads % be tied to a invariable measure of time... per hour, per day, per week... the mid boot zone repopping system being developed may be the best solution to this problem, but my guess is it is tied to the zone repop timer which is better than what we have but makes comparing and calculating actual load % more difficult.

------------------
------
where ara you my rittle raabuuri

[This message has been edited by kiryan (edited 11-13-2002).]
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Thu Nov 14, 2002 3:52 pm

Wouldn't this up the load % of some ultrarare mobs? Thus making them easier to find and do?

Is that the goal of the proposal?

------------------
You tell Ushug 'err... spankmistress??'
Ushug tells you 'you can't help it, I've always thought of mori as a chick'
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Nov 14, 2002 6:49 pm

totally against it. the very rare mobs put a lock on extremely powerful items. there just needs to be a better judgement of which mobs are super rare.

example:

shijin should load as much as glaberzu demon but have his dragon tattoo be rare so people could quest vermillion chainmail.

------------------
[Erevan] Our elite team of gods will be watching for equip campers.... beware...
Erevan OOC: 'One god is specifically assigned to Dartan :P'
Kiaransalee OOC: 'rangers suck'
Iyachtu OOC: 'and a lovely nite it is :)'
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Fri Nov 15, 2002 6:47 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dalar:
<B>totally against it. the very rare mobs put a lock on extremely powerful items. there just needs to be a better judgement of which mobs are super rare.
</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm... incidentally, are you for or against ultrarare items being transient/burnable? Image

------------------
You tell Ushug 'err... spankmistress??'
Ushug tells you 'you can't help it, I've always thought of mori as a chick'
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:04 pm

I wonder.. Moritheil, do you even know how much you just pwned dartan? Image

Corth

------------------
Goddamned slippery mage.
gnerble
Sojourner

Postby gnerble » Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:48 pm

Two things, neither of which contribute to the thread...

1. !burn eq > Dartan
2. Good god holy shit it's Tempus

------------------
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Mon Nov 18, 2002 6:22 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Corth:
<B>I wonder.. Moritheil, do you even know how much you just pwned dartan? Image

Corth
</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I never, ever thought I'd see those words Image

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”