random thought

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
amolol
Sojourner

random thought

Postby amolol » Tue Nov 19, 2002 6:31 pm

why not make ice spear like minute meteors and make air blast have a possible bash affect.

(reasoning) ice spear sux as a damage spell its a higher circle spell than earth darts yetdoes less damage.

gusts of wind can knock things down...the more powerfull the gust of wind the bigger objects it can knock down. there may be reasoning against this but i cant think of any reason why one cant do this.

amolol
Gerad
Sojourner

Postby Gerad » Wed Nov 20, 2002 9:55 am

yep, definatly random

------------------
Auril tells you 'Yes, we're plotting the destruction of all that is holy - and unholy, too. Just to be thorough.'
Gromikazer
Sojourner

Postby Gromikazer » Wed Nov 20, 2002 10:17 am

This is nothing new, its the same way for ALL the spell classes. It dosen't need to be changed, and it isn't particualry broken. Ice spear already does cold damage which is really cool in some situations. Air blast dosen't do fire damage which is cool in similar situations. Making these spells have special affects or do a significant amount of damage when they are low circle spells is a waste of time in my opinion.

Though I'm not saying your ideas are bad, I just think they would be better applied to spells that are actually MEANT to do something, like at higher circles.

------------------
Gromikazer Terrorforge -Veldruk- Orbdrin D'oloth
amolol
Sojourner

Postby amolol » Wed Nov 20, 2002 5:48 pm

point taken i do agree that because they are low circle spells theyshould not do as much damage....but i stil think that my reasoning for request is good...i may not be all knowing but i know that ice spear does less damage than earth darts and ice spear is a higher circle spell air blast also does less damage(and having a chance to bash wouldnt be all that bad)im just saying they could use a little tewaking not nececarily in the way i suggested
Norek
Sojourner

Postby Norek » Wed Nov 20, 2002 6:56 pm

I would relate Air Blast to the Shaman Jar the Soul, both 3rd circle spells, with Jar having the ability to stun. Add the stun affect to air blast! Unless Jar the Soul is 4th circle, but I think thats unleash fetish. I curse not being able to mud from work!

Norek
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Fri Nov 22, 2002 8:47 pm

yeah make it easier for casters to stun! Im only level 50, have maxed shieldpunch skill, and cant stun shit, so why not let a level 21 shaman be able to stun with nofail? seems reasonable.
/sarcasm

------------------
Thanuk Pantherclaw
Keran
Sojourner

Postby Keran » Sat Nov 23, 2002 1:52 am

I stun Thanuk's mom, on many occasions.

Toarn
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Sat Nov 23, 2002 8:41 am

I just got owned.
2 points for toarn.

------------------
Thanuk Pantherclaw
amolol
Sojourner

Postby amolol » Sun Nov 24, 2002 7:17 am

i never said anything about nofail stun i just said that it could be a semi bash type spell like make a 10% to bash and have it raise as the proficiency raises with like a max of 40%
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Sun Nov 24, 2002 4:26 pm

heh nothing personal amolol, but im just tired of seeing casters get spells that have the effects of warrior skills, and work better and more consisently than the warrior skills do. Soon they'll be casting rescue and ill be sitting with the rangers 1w.

------------------
Thanuk Pantherclaw
Chandigar2
Sojourner

Postby Chandigar2 » Mon Nov 25, 2002 3:05 pm

Naa, ice spear is fine as is. Its the same for all the spell classes (as was said before)

magic missile > burning hands/chill touch
shadow missile > blackthorns
totem darts > spirit knife
earth darts > ice spear

and yes, fire circle is a multi-spell, 2nd circle is single target. At the low lvls, the single target is better but as you get higher, the first circle spell gets better with more missiles.
Chandigar2
Sojourner

Postby Chandigar2 » Mon Nov 25, 2002 3:05 pm

Oh yea.

c 'rescue' thanuk

amolol
Sojourner

Postby amolol » Mon Nov 25, 2002 5:13 pm

i understand what you mean about not being able to play all the time (like rangers sitting out) i play a ranger myself... im prety shure that in no way would this hinder and warrior skill and why would a caster want to tank... its the casters job to stand back... what im saying is one should make it a little esier to solo.. il post a game log of one of the many times ive died...mebbe its just cause i suck at mudding
Jorus
Sojourner

Postby Jorus » Mon Nov 25, 2002 5:49 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by thanuk:
<B>heh nothing personal amolol, but im just tired of seeing casters get spells that have the effects of warrior skills, and work better and more consisently than the warrior skills do. Soon they'll be casting rescue and ill be sitting with the rangers 1w.

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Time to sit at 1w then. Enchanters already get blink.

c 'blink' Thanuk

Regards,
Jorus
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Wed Nov 27, 2002 11:44 am

Blink != rescue

Amolol, i dont think you really understand how powerful the ability to stun is. It stops casting, stops skills like switch opponents and bash, and it lowers defensive abilities a great deal. At one point this was a skill given to melee classes, with a pretty low success rate. It was later given to mages in a higher circle with a fairly high success rate. To give out something that powerful as a 3rd circle spell is unbalancing.

------------------
Thanuk Pantherclaw
Tanji Smanji
Sojourner

Postby Tanji Smanji » Wed Nov 27, 2002 12:03 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by amolol:
i understand what you mean about not being able to play all the time (like rangers sitting out) i play a ranger myself... im prety shure that in no way would this hinder and warrior skill and why would a caster want to tank... its the casters job to stand back... what im saying is one should make it a little esier to solo.. il post a game log of one of the many times ive died...mebbe its just cause i suck at mudding</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Elementalists are horrid, horrid, horrid at lower lvls. Get some lvls under the belt, then try. I'd consider them to be one of the top solo classes at higher lvls (*coughiownchloracough*), those icky lower levels pay off later. Trust me.

------------------
How to go from Waelos to Weylarii.

Weylarii group-says 'oh shit! my penis is stuck in the toaster. afk'

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”