Questable Globe Potions

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
moritheil
Sojourner

Questable Globe Potions

Postby moritheil » Tue Dec 03, 2002 5:25 pm

I'm wondering if it would be considered broken to allow for a way for hitters to stack up on limited use items that globe or ward them.

As it is, the usefulness of hitters is severely dependent on the enchanters in group (and the odd 10th c. ele or necro). If you only have one such mage, it becomes an incredible pain to keep folks globed. Further, if that mage dies, you can watch your hitters all rem weapons and fighting ability drop to nil.

Insofar as the one-mage issue, I know that increasing globe/ward duration would solve a lot of problems (maybe making it more like fly). But I thought that I'd suggest questable globe pots in some new, badass area, and see what people think.

------------------
Kiaransalee responds to your petition with 'look on the bright side, I just saved you some corpses. We all know you would have gotten spanked'
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Tue Dec 03, 2002 5:58 pm

Well the amps in vault aren't all that hard to get. If people need them so bad it would be farmed every boot.
What would happen is they will be stored deep in a bag and only used for an emergency in some really nasty fight as a last ditch effort to prevent a spank, like how amps are used now.
Keran
Sojourner

Postby Keran » Tue Dec 03, 2002 6:40 pm

I share Rylan's view on this. All warriors, and I guess other melee classes should have an amp alias to prevent mass spankification.

Toarn

You shout 'You are no match for elemental Toarn!'
Toarn is dead! R.I.P.!
Erevan responds to your petition 'I don't think they heard you.'
Rokub
Sojourner

Postby Rokub » Tue Dec 03, 2002 7:06 pm

You said add them to a new badass area, well there is a quest in clouds for a item that casts 3 globes, though it is rare, and not something we normally do quest, you can do it.

Rokub

------------------
Malacar says 'And Isma wonders why he is universally hated.'
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Tue Dec 03, 2002 9:23 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Rokub:
<B>You said add them to a new badass area, well there is a quest in clouds for a item that casts 3 globes, though it is rare, and not something we normally do quest, you can do it.

Rokub

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So it already exists?

I am n00b. Image

------------------
Kiaransalee responds to your petition with 'look on the bright side, I just saved you some corpses. We all know you would have gotten spanked'
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Wed Dec 04, 2002 1:09 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by moritheil:
<B> So it already exists?

I am n00b. Image

you're just realizing this now?

------------------
Nokie group-says 'what a rip-off, I spend months incapacitating navy seamen and doing 28,000 bandages and now we get tons of practice here in bronze citadel'
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Wed Dec 04, 2002 2:32 am

I believe there is also another globe potion that pops everyboot in a pretty hard zone...its just never done.

------------------
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Dartan tells you 'i own so hard sometimes it makes me want to cry'

Nitupopple group-says 'esrel get glorishan off'
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Wed Dec 04, 2002 3:14 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dalar:
<B> you're just realizing this now?

It's OK dalar, I don't want to hog the glory... you can be a n00b too.

------------------
combatmedic
Sojourner

Postby combatmedic » Wed Dec 04, 2002 8:36 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by moritheil:
<B> It's OK dalar, I don't want to hog the glory... you can be a n00b too.

Isn't Dalar leet? So would this make him an leet nOOb?

------------------
"If it ain't broke, fix it until it is"

Dalen the super paly.
Aram the novice paly.
Dirjornso
Sojourner

Postby Dirjornso » Sat Dec 07, 2002 1:31 pm

I am the only elite noob.. mori is just a high level noob :P
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Tue Dec 10, 2002 7:33 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dirjornso:
I am the only elite noob.. mori is just a high level noob :P</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

woo?

------------------

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”