a couple voker ideas and radical area spells idea

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
Zoldren
Sojourner

Postby Zoldren » Tue Dec 10, 2002 5:16 pm

can we close this thread? it is nothing productive anymore....

------------------
MoM-D
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Tue Dec 10, 2002 5:47 pm

Hrmm.. let me give it some thought.

On one hand you just asked rogues to talk to you.. but on the other hand, they dont have to do that here. And this is the second thread on the same moot topic... so hrmm.

ok yes, I concur. You have my permission to stop posting in this thread.

------------------
Goddamned slippery mage.
Zoldren
Sojourner

Postby Zoldren » Wed Dec 11, 2002 12:19 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Corth:
<B>Hrmm.. let me give it some thought.

On one hand you just asked rogues to talk to you.. but on the other hand, they dont have to do that here. And this is the second thread on the same moot topic... so hrmm.

ok yes, I concur. You have my permission to stop posting in this thread.

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes i said talk to me, ie in game or via mudmail/email, yes i said to test ie if they wish to test.. yes in game...

yes oh boy a whole 2 threads on invoker inbalance...

how many threads are there about...
warriors skills
illusionist bugs/twinkness
meteorswarm damage
relocate failures
ress failures

i just realy think its funny you think invokers *only because of their damage* are game breaking

yet everything about an illusionist is game breaking, ya i play one to, twinkest char ever

i can do shit small groups cant
do shit big groups dont want to do
go places others cant
solo more than an invoker *probably most classes*

*hence there are people with 50th level storage charachters now to play non-50 illusionists* and no i am not the only one

yet your worried about damage that is all ready equaled and almost equaled in game by other classes

even talked to a couple up and coming and current lvl 50 vokers today, they just laugh at this thread, because its so full of it.. wish i could but it pisses me off to much, sorry if it shows :0

------------------
MoM-D
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Wed Dec 11, 2002 1:31 am

I didnt really expect this rant.. but if it makes you feel better, I will agree that the illusionist class is very powerful. I also would point out that my position has consistently been that invokers are underpowered. Considering they have only one purpose, they should do that one thing significantly better than any other class. Furthermore, since Shev said in the other thread that invokers will remain in the game, I have not suggested any more that they should be removed. I agreed with some of oteb's ideas on making the class more interesting.. that is all.

If you would like to start a thread about how illusionists could be better balanced, I would be happy to participate in it. One thing i would suggest is removing displace (or severely downgrading it) and upping tank skills. You will see, zoldren, that I consistently argue in favor of downgrades for most casting classes and upgrades for tanks and hitters. Not just when talking about invokers. I would like to see melee damage and tanking skills mean something again.

Corth

------------------
Goddamned slippery mage.

[This message has been edited by Corth (edited 12-10-2002).]
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Wed Dec 11, 2002 2:42 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Zoldren:
<B> rangerse/rogues do nice damage if they sitting 3 west is like having an melee invoker sit there

ps i tested it on ship, a 40ish dire raider using a bow killed faster than a 50th lvl invoker, w/same supporting group

rangers dont do damage my ass

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can't believe I have to say this one more time...

RANGERS != DIRES.

Evils, go home if you are talking melee = spells, yer POV is skewed.

I'd be willing to put a substantial bet down that mounted archery, or just plain DIRE archery is > ranger archery.

I'd love to have Shev come by and tell me I'm wrong, and point out that this and this and this are the way it works, but I don't think Shev has the power to tweak Miax's baby.

So please Miax, take a look Image

Twinshadow

P.S. Shev's new class broke mine Image

------------------
Ashiwi: And don't go jumping on my ass just because I'm responding to you, I'm wearing my "Malacar-proof" spiked buttguard for this occasion.
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Wed Dec 11, 2002 3:56 am

Not exactly sure what that means, but you can rest assured that I have full control over the entire codebase...

That said, Dires and Rangers *should* be doing the exact same archery damage. If this is not so, it is a bug and will be found and fixed.

------------------
<B>Shevarash -- Code Forger of Sojourn3
</B>

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”