elementalist's spells vs. elemental spells

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
Burpie
Sojourner

elementalist\'s spells vs. elemental spells

Postby Burpie » Sun Dec 22, 2002 11:09 am

I'm wondering why there's not more 'elemental' based spells in their line up. There's no lightning spells/effects. Cone of cold does no real damage anyway, but would be fun to see the name changed to 'hose' haha. I just hosed u, dude! 7th circle is annoying cuz there's absolutely no offense. I don't know of a use for ice layer since it doesn't even hurt them when they fall. Maybe that's when they could get a static blast or something where there's electricity be it area or target. The 9th circle is a bit odd since there's quite a few things that are immune to dirtnapping. Whirlwind sounds more like a druidic spell, definitely. Maybe change it's name to frantic fartstorm! Make it area and stun *rofl* I'd better quit posting when it's late. Everything seems funny! I'm not saying to make their offense stronger, but at least it'd be nice to have offense in each circle. Air blast is another spell that is more nature than elemental. Ah well

[This message has been edited by Burpie (edited 12-22-2002).]
Gromikazer
Sojourner

Postby Gromikazer » Mon Dec 23, 2002 4:14 am

Are you drunk/high?

------------------
Gromikazer Terrorforge -Veldruk- Orbdrin D'oloth
Burpie
Sojourner

Postby Burpie » Mon Dec 23, 2002 5:21 am

um, yes!
Selias
Sojourner

Postby Selias » Mon Dec 23, 2002 6:00 am

Haha, sometimes those are the best posts, most of the time they get ya in trouble =P
Yarash
Sojourner

Postby Yarash » Tue Dec 24, 2002 1:23 pm

Frantic fartstorm should be badass! Pfg should provide some protection though. It could have the possibility of stunning the victim too.

In fact, isn't there a D&D spell, 2nd circle or so mage spell, that makes a toxic cloud? Anything in the area is either unaffected, chokes (can't cast), or gags (held/paralyzed). It might be called noxious cloud or something. I remember it from the Pool of Radiance series. In those games it was a 2nd circle mage spell, with a 2x2 area of affect. That spell rocked!

- Mike

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”