Guild owned Tinker Machine

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
thanuk
Sojourner

Guild owned Tinker Machine

Postby thanuk » Fri Dec 27, 2002 4:53 pm

Id like to be able to have my guild purchase a tinker machine. say for like 200k plat, you buy your own tinker slot machine and the proceeds would be split. I dont know the current ratio, so bear with me, but if say for every 10 platinum gambled, 2 goes into the jackpot, and the other 8 disappears, as part of the cash sink. In the guild owned machine, 2 goes into the jackpot, 4 goes into the guild account, and 4 disappears. All payouts would come from the guild account also. This would be a good way for guilds to raise money, after the large investment. To keep it from raising an insane amount of cash, there could be an upkeep fee every month similar to guild dues for the machines, the amount dependant on how much the tinker machine would earn on the regular. Also could let the guild tweak the payout ratio, to either horde more plat or get people to use their machine instead of the regular ones because it has better odds. It would also represent a risk, as if nobody plays your crappy machine, you would still have to cover the upkeep on it. Whaddya think?

------------------
Thanuk Pantherclaw

Gargauth responds to your petition with 'whats your point, we hate you'
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Fri Dec 27, 2002 5:12 pm

To add to the atmosphere surrounding this, I'd love to see the 'breaklegs' skill implemented. This way when one guild encroaches on another's territory with a tinker machine, somebody much like Thanuk can use it to convince key members of the other guild they really didn't want to locate it there in the first place.
Iktar
Sojourner

Postby Iktar » Fri Dec 27, 2002 5:34 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ashiwi:
To add to the atmosphere surrounding this, I'd love to see the 'breaklegs' skill implemented. This way when one guild encroaches on another's territory with a tinker machine, somebody much like Thanuk can use it to convince key members of the other guild they really didn't want to locate it there in the first place.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ROFL!! and hence, the infamous gang i mean guild war of Soj3 have started.
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Fri Dec 27, 2002 6:45 pm

Yeah, Thanuk can boggle his opponents to death with bizarre arguments that make no sense!

------------------
-Yayaril
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Fri Dec 27, 2002 7:09 pm

My bizzare arguments are no match for your obscure spider-man references and keen ability to over-simplify severely complicated issues.

------------------
Thanuk Pantherclaw

Gargauth responds to your petition with 'whats your point, we hate you'
Iktar
Sojourner

Postby Iktar » Fri Dec 27, 2002 9:20 pm

Gangs of Toril.

Starting Thanuk "Mullet" Panterclaw as himself.
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Sat Dec 28, 2002 10:43 am

What do you think of this new start page for sojourn i designed for the intro screen competition, I think it would look good in all blinking bright magenta or red!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">code:</font><HR><pre>

| | |
/ \ / \ / \
_| \_ |_ \ _ _| |_
| | | | | | | | | | | |
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Welcome to Sojourn

Where the Fun Never Ends

Here's 10 Credits to Get You Started!

_______ _______ _______
| | | | | |
| BAR | | BAR | | BAR |