Ultrablast

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
Kegor
Sojourner

Ultrablast

Postby Kegor » Thu Dec 26, 2002 9:37 pm

Since ultrablast is the end-all be-all skill of squids... how about having it dual as a single target skill as well.

Ultrablast (target) = single target damage
Ultrablast = area damage (as it is now)

If not this.. then there must be some other skill that does ultrablast ranged damage they should be given to affect a single targets mind.

I am starting to see Psionicist as a fairly limited class. Sure dominate pets is fun to play with but its not worth anything when you get out into a real zone. They need something more to give them something other to do than just shift people and ultrablast. To me that just seems extremely limited. Thanx.
Rokub
Sojourner

Postby Rokub » Thu Dec 26, 2002 11:45 pm

I do like this idea. Whether or not someone will do something about it is beyond me, changes can be made.

It will be following the same route as a invoker, invokers used to only have 'areas' for 9th and 10th circle. Now they have single targets. I don't see a reason why squids shouldn't be given the powerful single target skill.

Personally the squid class is mighty boreing and a little spice needs to be added.

Rokub

------------------
Malacar says 'And Isma wonders why he is universally hated.'
Xisiqomelir
Sojourner

Postby Xisiqomelir » Fri Dec 27, 2002 12:12 pm

A better targeted nuke would be nice. The way it is now:

Groupleader: OK, all target 1.mobname
Me: emote targeting with ublast.

------------------
Thus spake Shevarash: "Invokers are not going to be removed"
Burpie
Sojourner

Postby Burpie » Fri Dec 27, 2002 11:18 pm

Picture it now. A _very_ powerful and sinister looking Illithid gazes about you with sinister hatred! You 'feel' a voice inside your head: "Die, bitch!" Aarrgghh! You feel a universe of pain! YIKES!! Another hit like that and he's gonna be feasting upon your little brain-sandwich!
Xisiqomelir
Sojourner

Postby Xisiqomelir » Fri Dec 27, 2002 11:46 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Burpie:
Picture it now. A _very_ powerful and sinister looking Illithid gazes about you with sinister hatred! You 'feel' a voice inside your head: "Die, bitch!" Aarrgghh! You feel a universe of pain! YIKES!! Another hit like that and he's gonna be feasting upon your little brain-sandwich!</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, hopefully it would be more characterful than that. Going through my Illithiad and Complete Psionics Handbook, ID insinuation, Ego Whip, Mind Thrust, the innate Illithid Psionic Blast and (my personal choice of name) Psychic Crush are all name options.

------------------
Thus spake Shevarash: "Invokers are not going to be removed"
Kegor
Sojourner

Postby Kegor » Mon Dec 30, 2002 11:57 am

There are already like 3 worthwhile offensive projections for mid level.. but they are all weak and easily bested by ultrablast. It would just be cool to have some cool stuff outa the handbook that was on the level with ultrablast but that made cool messages and could possibly have side effects for givin someone a brain bender. Anyhow the ball is in the immortal court. My squid will no longer worship Ilsensine. I am changing religion to Shevy and Itchy.. that might be better for my abilities.. heh.

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”