Let Me Do My Job!

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Let Me Do My Job!

Postby Ashiwi » Sun Dec 29, 2002 6:13 pm

Rogues should be able to ninja coins from zones unseen. "Get coins corpse" should be an unseen action for the rogue class!

Just a thought.

::halo::
Deltin
Sojourner

Postby Deltin » Sun Dec 29, 2002 6:41 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ashiwi:
<B>Rogues should be able to ninja coins from zones unseen. "Get coins corpse" should be an unseen action for the rogue class!

Just a thought.

::halo::</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

sure they have a steal skill, only makes sense really, or a slight of hand skill. Guess the arguement could be made for gear as well.

------------------
No matter how hard you try, you still can't throw a potatoe chip very far.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Sun Dec 29, 2002 6:45 pm

cool idea but can be bad for looting issues. like say a rogue looting a rare off a rare and group doesn't know it

------------------
Shevarash OOC: 'I never thought I'd long for Muma to be on OOC'
Oyob tells you 'are you a god?\'
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Sun Dec 29, 2002 6:47 pm

That's why just coins!

And a high nance attribute increases the chances of a successful steal, ya know. All that distraction involved...
Disoputlip
Sojourner

Postby Disoputlip » Sun Dec 29, 2002 8:23 pm

Seen it on other muds, plant and palm.

Bit unreal because skilled rogues could plant a canoe in someones inventory.

Else, here is a nice trick:

#AL trick {emote points up in the air.;say look, an airplane;get all;get all rarecorpse}

/Disoputlip
Burpie
Sojourner

Postby Burpie » Mon Dec 30, 2002 1:49 am

I think in Ashiwi's case she needs a new skill:

l

Billyjoejimbob stands here.
Bibisnipidipidle stands here.

Out of nowhere someone pulls your underwear from their home position to where they're now filtering your food!
YIKES! Another hit like that and your offspring's had it!!
Lilithelle
Sojourner

Postby Lilithelle » Mon Dec 30, 2002 2:00 am

Really cool idea Ashiwi, and for the last time she said COINS! So there is no real risk to it. Personally I think it should be an elf only skills since all other races kinda suck too much to be good at anything.
Lil
Larble
Sojourner

Postby Larble » Tue Dec 31, 2002 3:27 am

While it's in keeping with RP, I don't think it would be a good idea to implement into the game. It serves no real purpose or functionality....too many other really important coding issues imho. Besides, there are several things that each of the classes can't do that are in keeping with the thematics and/or gameplay of D&D. Image
Treladian
Sojourner

Postby Treladian » Tue Dec 31, 2002 3:54 am

One rule of pencil and paper RPGs is that you must be VERY careful whenever something is introduced that can cause mistrust between players. Ninjaing loot may be a minor issue in a zone group, but could be a huge pain for a ranger or dire in an exp group that relies on money received to replace arrows that break in the group. The things may technically come from trees, but they still aren't free.

------------------
You fire a black-shafted elven arrow to the east at Gormal's pet goat with masterful shooting that does lethal damage!
You receive your share of experience.
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Tue Dec 31, 2002 2:33 pm

If rogues get this skill, then i demand a barbarian skill called shakedown. It would envolve picking up a nancing elf by the ankle, and holding them upside-down until all of their coins fall onto the floor. The barbarian would then throw the elf 150-200 feet, and pick up the coins while cackling maniacally. The elf would be unconscious upon landing, and if it happened to land in a water room, it would sink, drown, and die.

------------------
Thanuk Pantherclaw

Gargauth responds to your petition with 'whats your point, we hate you'
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Tue Dec 31, 2002 2:51 pm

::cough::

Have you ever noticed that some people take things way too seriously? Lighten up people! Of course I didn't expect something like this to actually be implemented, that would be silly. Silly, get it? Oh wait, of course you don't, nevermind.

Trel... again I say, relax.

Now, I want this implemented ASAP as my bank account has recently taken a rather severe beating. If the coins just magically appeared in my account it would be even that much better.

Thanks in advance!
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Tue Dec 31, 2002 3:01 pm

Oh, and as for Thanuk's suggestion, I really think elves should have an innate response to the barbarian skill of "shake down." Any time a barbarian grabs an elf by the ankles and hoists them up into the air for purposes other than consensual, an elf should have a high chance of using this automatic skill, deeply rooted in the elven love for dance and professional ballet, the "nutcracker." This skill basically leaves the barbarian incapacitated on the ground while the elf teaches them the finer nancing skills, giving the breathless barbie a step-by-step introduction to the "electric slide" using the northerner's face, abdomen and groin as the dance floor.
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Tue Dec 31, 2002 3:51 pm

Upon completion of the "nutcracker" skill, the barbarian should reflexively use his innate ability to vomit the contents of his or her stomach directly on the elf, covering them in a sticky puddle of iron ration goo. The elf would be so disgusted that it would be stunned, silenced, and incapacitated for a number of minutes. It would also setbit the elf's nancing skill back to neophyte, as the trauma of the incident would remove any shred of happiness from the elf, and subsequently, its nancibility.
Lemme borrow your ancient cup of netheril? Image

------------------
Thanuk Pantherclaw

[This message has been edited by thanuk (edited 12-31-2002).]
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Tue Dec 31, 2002 4:10 pm

You've forgotten the elven innate already in existance, the somewhat overpowered "I'm rubber you're glue" skill which keeps our brightly colored faerie frocks fresh and frouncy in even the most extreme conditions, such as barbaric fluctuations in environmental Ph. I will, however, offer you a metal bowl if you wish to keep your somewhat less attractive clothing tidy.
Keran
Sojourner

Postby Keran » Tue Dec 31, 2002 5:42 pm

imp Shake Down
veto Nutcracker

worn as belt a huge padded girdle of elven might

Bob Barker tells you, 'Please spay or neuter your elves.'

Toarn

------------------
Ythera ASSOC:: 'I killed santa- he's an elf'
Nibbil group-says 'is it bad to pass up booty cause you feel like mudding?'
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Tue Dec 31, 2002 6:55 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ashiwi:
You've forgotten the elven innate already in existance, the somewhat overpowered "I'm rubber you're glue" skill which keeps our brightly colored faerie frocks fresh and frouncy in even the most extreme conditions, such as barbaric fluctuations in environmental Ph. I will, however, offer you a metal bowl if you wish to keep your somewhat less attractive clothing tidy.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I suggest downgrading the rubber to glue innate of elves. In the true sense of "nerfing" abilities, the elf would indeed remain rubber - foam rubber. The poofy substance that makes your giant fingers is the perfect absorbant for the bile most foul.

------------------
Thanuk Pantherclaw

Keran
Sojourner

Postby Keran » Tue Dec 31, 2002 7:02 pm

I am going to _so_ wear my elfskin boots with pride.

Toarn

------------------
Ythera ASSOC:: 'I killed santa- he's an elf'
Nibbil group-says 'is it bad to pass up booty cause you feel like mudding?'
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Thu Jan 02, 2003 3:16 am

Reason #1 why Glorishan NEVER dies...

<font size=24 color="blue">HE IS MADE FROM NERF!</font>

That is all.

Twinshadow

------------------
Kribble tells you 'everytime I've seen you die it was doing something cool or trying to save someone's ass... die away!'

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”