Prestige and Quest Ideas

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
torkur
Sojourner

Prestige and Quest Ideas

Postby torkur » Mon Jan 20, 2003 9:40 pm

Had a couple ideas on some minor annoyances I've found and ways to fix them using prestige and/or quests.

1) WD gates locking at night. Not a big deal with relo/well/dim/fold/pickers, but sometimes it'd be nice to be able to open them with a keyword or a magic seal or something to show the guards and slip in/out. I'd suggest allowing some quests around WD to gain you favor with Lord P or such and eventually be allowed to do just that.

Maybe once per boot allow someone to do the quests. The game can randomly choose 1 of the 10 possible ones as the quest which Lord P likes today.....easy ones, hard ones, mid level ones, but in an RP sense. If DK has similar, same idea for them.

I don't really see how it'd be overpowered to earn your way past the guards because they know you and eventually everyone will be able to, but we're heroes of the city, no?

Quest Examples: The woman always looking for her son with red hair. Go find him and bring him home. The trolls the crier shouts about. Bring him x amount of !rent troll heads. The high sorcery tower north of WD. Investigate it, kill the baddies, bring something back. Smite the pirate ship and bring back all items you find. I'm sure there are others.....

2) Have Khelben in WD, the Stargazer in CP, the High Mage of BS, the Ancient Barbarian Shaman in GN, etc all get together and create magical guarded portals between the hometowns. Make them VERY leary of allowing strangers to use them, but when the bards are singing of your great deeds (aka craploads of prestige) they will allow you to pass into their city.

Each one will then take a certain amount, 7500?, to open up and allow a PC to travel in between them. A similar idea for evil hometowns, perhaps squids to shift people in spots or something.

This would allow for zones and quests to give prestige and people would still do them if you balance them correctly. Also, make the prestige award be divided between the group members, so if you do it with 5 people, you gain 100 each, 2 people gain 250, etc since the less people in the group the harder it will be, hence your deeds are greater.

I see two eventual problems. First will be people not needing the zones, but it's no different than not needing the eq from somewhere such as Vault in my eyes anyways. Secondly, people will eventually be able to portal from all the hometowns, but by the time someone has gotten 75,000 prestige or so, shouldn't they have that luxury? It's not like they're gonna get lost on their run from MH to WD by then.

Anyways, my ideas. Thoughts?

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”