Restrings and Changed Equipment

Campaign-Related Roleplay Information

Moderators: Shar, Auril, Eilistraee

Auril
Staff Member - Quests

Restrings and Changed Equipment

Postby Auril » Wed Dec 03, 2003 2:29 pm

Due to the equipment changes, some previously restrung items have changed significantly. With this in mind, we will be shifting restrings under the following guidelines:

1) It cannot be a charged item, such as a wand, staff or potion, or food.
2) The string will stay in the same item slot, i.e. if you had a restrung headwear, you would get a restrung headwear
3) The restrung elements will be preserved, i.e. your restrung gauntlets of molten lava will be restrung gauntlets of molten lava, even if you'd rather have slimy pustules as handwear instead.
4) The player will provide both the restrung item and the item to be restrung, and will receive the original in un-restrung format and the new item restrung.
5) This shift will be permitted only if your restrung item has been affected by the equipment changes.
6) Holly bands and snowflake rings will not be included in this offer. They are considered special, limited edition items instead of restrings.

We will do this restring shifting from January 10 to February 10, which should give time for the equipment changes to occur and for players to obtain reasonable replacements. Please let Eilistraee or me know if you have any questions; much better to get things worked out in advance than muddle through in the new year.

Auril
Pheten
Sojourner

Re: Restrings and Changed Equipment

Postby Pheten » Wed Dec 03, 2003 2:35 pm

Auril wrote:1) It cannot be a charged item, such as a wand, staff or potion, or food.

Heh, if someone is stupid enough to restring their partially eaten an iron ration I say let em blow it. =)

-phet
Eilistraee
Staff Member - Quests

Postby Eilistraee » Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:11 am

*bump*
Salen
Sojourner

Re: Restrings and Changed Equipment

Postby Salen » Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:55 am

Auril wrote:6) Holly bands and snowflake rings will not be included in this offer. They are considered special, limited edition items instead of restrings.
Auril

If they are so special, why'd they get DG'd in the first place?
Eilistraee
Staff Member - Quests

Postby Eilistraee » Thu Jan 01, 2004 6:01 pm

Restrings changed along with their base item. If they were downgraded, then it's because the source items were downgraded.
Auril
Staff Member - Quests

Postby Auril » Thu Jan 01, 2004 6:08 pm

If they weren't special, no one would notice if they were downgraded or not. The rings are a limited edition object and are in no way unique.

Restrings will always reflect changes to the base item, no matter what it has become. If that were not the case, shifting restrings wouldn't be necessary.
Salen
Sojourner

Postby Salen » Sat Jan 03, 2004 8:15 pm

So they aren't special enough that anyone wears them, but they are too special for me to change over to a seelie/spob/eldritch that someone might wear. I see.

Snowflake ring = Hangar queen, gotcha.

Return to “RP-Quest Discussion”