Evil upon Holy Ground *Edited*

Campaign-Related Roleplay Information

Moderators: Shar, Auril, Eilistraee

Iduna
Sojourner

Evil upon Holy Ground *Edited*

Postby Iduna » Wed Dec 10, 2003 8:16 pm

Iduna leaves her apartment heading for her guild to perform her ritual prayers. She makes her way through the busy streets and heads into the cleric path. The knight greets her "Hell of a day. isn't it, "as he slides the marble door open. Iduna smiles "That it is," As she enters her guild. A very young cleric is rushes out in a panic "Iduna, go back!!" she screams. The marble closes behind them.

Iduna suddenly drops to her knees, dumfounded as to who would attack her in her place of worship. " God of all realms!, what was that!?" She yells. Scrambling quickly to her feet, looking dazed. "Stand behind me. I'm not sure of how much help I'll be, I haven't said my prayers as of yet." The younger cleric moves quickly.

A dark figure lunges towards Iduna. She gasps, "A drow!" and throws her hands out reflexively to block the intruder. He misses Iduna with his slash. Apparently he isn't all that well trained, as well as a coward to attack a woman, no less in a house of worship! She tries to reason with him "Why are you here!?," as he continues to attack. The drow's squinted gaze remains fixed on its target, uttering no word. The shuddering young cleric concentrates as she casts a critical spell against the ebony man. Having very little affect. Iduna, not having made her rituals is defenseless. With the marble doors enclosed around them, no one would hear their screams for help. As the slashes still come, Iduna pounds the drow with her orb. It's not much of a weapon, but it is all she has.

She keeps up with the drow despite missing quite a bit. However, a fight for your life makes one tend to see things differently. Her furred hit causes the drow raider to gasp in pain! His slashes fail to hit his mark as Iduna dodges aside. Why anyone would send such an inexperienced raider to this town full of such heroism! Although he did manage to get past the Knight who guards this temple.

Iduna stumbles, but manages to avoid falling! Holding her balance while raising her Orb high over her head. Her orb pummels down with all her strength. He falls to his knees. A look of shame crosses over his face as he turns his head away. Knowing she has no other choice her last hit becomes harder for her to do. She turns her head away, not wanting to watch the final blow of her orb, as it smashes him to his death.

The young cleric places her hand upon Iduna's arm, "There was nothing else you could have done Iduna... You saved my life, "she said with gratitude strongly in her words. "I know young one, I know. Its just I don't care to cause anyone's death. I'm dragging this corpse to the Knight outside. I have a few questions for him." The young cleric slides the marble open for Iduna. "I think, I'll stay here." Iduna gives her an assuring nod and drags the drow outside.

The knight looks puzzled, as Iduna comes into view, he snarls"How! did he get inside the temple!" "That is what I was going to ask you!" Iduna sneers as she drops the drow's arms. Allowing his body to fall to the ground. Hanging his head "I don't know Iduna, perhaps when we were changing shifts," he states in simple reply. With a smirk she grabs the drow's hands and heaves him away, heading for the Fountain with hopes of finding Lord Piergeiron making his daily rounds.

She leans the drow's body against the fountain. Reaching into her bag she grabs a towel and dips it into the fountains clear water, to wipe her face and drops of blood from her arm. She hears a familiar voice shouting, about this damn town and its gates. "As if gates were our only troubles" she thought to herself.

Necasio casually approaches from the North. "Drow!" he gags in disgust, quickly turning to Iduna. "What Happened!" Iduna continues to wipe the blood from her arms. "I don't know how they are getting in! But this one attacked me in my own Guild!'" she shrieks. Necasio spits over his left shoulder, "Maybe he was sent by Nilan or his friends" Iduna ponders over his comment a few moments. "I've recently met with Nilan, he doesn't seem to know anything about this," she admits hesitantly. He smirks. "I rather enjoy gutting them," He shoots back."I'm sure you would but we are in great danger!..we need information and the only way to do that is to pull together!" She explains. Necasio shrugs, "We are in such danger everyday. What changes?"

Iduna points at the drow's lifeless body. "When have you ever seen a drow here? And did you hear any alarm!?" she says sternly. Necasio shakes his head. "I've never seen a drow in this city, and I didn't hear the alarm! The northern gates were locked, that I do know of. If he got in, he didn't pass me!" he assures her. "Drow are always up to something and their treachery is usually an intricately-weaved web with thousands of strands. I watch many of their moves by the caves south of HP where they seem to have taken a liking to. I try to keep their numbers down, he adds. That's of great help, Necasio. Your bravery is appreciated," she expresses.

Lord Piergeiron enters from the south accompanied by two elite guards. "Greetings, friends! Another fine day in Waterdeep," he exclaims. "Anyone here seen Khelben? Damn slippery mages are impossible to find." He never took notice to the drow's remains propped up against the fountain. Iduna reaches out for him, but the guards brush her away as they head off. "He is more concerned over that Mage than he is of this town, one he claims to protect!" she dared to say, throwing her hand in the air in a fit of fury. "Your Lord seems to have other concerns, the lives of the common folk not being one of them," Necasio retorts as he bowed low "I'm heading out to check the cave" He is gone without a trace. Iduna heads back to the safety of her apartment. "How safe was any place" she speaks out loud as she continues.

Iduna looses a sigh of relief, as she enters her apartment greatful to be home and safe. A wrap at the door quickly follows. Opening it, she slightly peeks out. Her glance moves downward to a halfling farmer. '"Iduna? I have been asked to deliver something to you." After handing her a piece of paper he tips his hat and walks away. Looking confused she closes her door, unrolls the paper, and reads the unsettling news:

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

The time is drawing near. Soon you will be called upon to defend the Realms once
more, but the cause needs leaders. Raise the call. Bring men to your banner.
Rally the Heroes of Faerun. First you must look to your own. The City of
Splendors is in danger. Dark forces plot against you all. The assassin master
Kang schemes with the forces of the Vile One to invade from below. If nothing is
done, the city will burn.

Rally to the cause.
-A Friend

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Return to “RP-Quest Discussion”