A quiet ale ruined.

Campaign-Related Roleplay Information

Moderators: Shar, Auril, Eilistraee

Demuladon
Sojourner

A quiet ale ruined.

Postby Demuladon » Tue Jan 06, 2004 12:08 am

The young duergar sat in the corner of the room quietly drinking from his jug of ale secretly hoping that if he could consume enough ale quickly enough then it might ease the headache he had developed listening to the high pitched voices of the arguing drow.

The arguing was taking place in a room located at Jenna's Inn. For the right amount of coin Jenna was always an attentive hostess, and someone must have paid her well this time because mercifully she had covered the windows with a thick black fabric which blocked most of the daylight.
The small amount of light that managed to creep through only added to the duergars headache. "Why does the light always manage to creep in?" wondered the young duergar. Jenna had also provided a table of bread, meats and a largish barrel of ale. The young duergar's headache cleared for a few seconds as he warmly thought, "If only Jenna was a few inches shorter."

Something certainly had the drow excited - the room was full of them, young and old, and from all ranks of drow society. "Why have so many of them made the trip to the surface?" thought the young duergar. Some of the drow had even *walked* to Jenna's across the open surface, the thought of which made the young duergars knees ache. But the question remained, why had Nilan organized this meeting outside of Dobluth Kyor?

The young duergar noted a few trolls and an orc in the room, no ogres were present but that was not unexpected since most of them did not understand the concept of the calender. Of note was the conspicuous absense of Illithids in the room.

The young duergar mentally admonished himself, he was starting to think like a drow. Perhaps he had been spending to much time with them.

Duergar rarely have time for politics - there was the ocassional blood feud lasting generations but that should not be confused with 'politics'. A duergar with political aspirations typically launches a short political campaign afterwhich the blood was cleaned off the throne room walls and all sensible duergar go back to living their politic free lives. By comparison, tales of the endless political machinations of the drow society were sometimes used by duergar mothers to cure a child of sleeplessness.

The young duergar looked down into his jug which was to his immediate annoyance, empty. He nudged the only other duergar in the room at the time, Artikerus, to pass the barrel for a refill.

When the young duergar was an apprentice in Gloomhaven the story of the Vile Ones destruction of Bloodstone had been told by his master. The destruction of a surface town had been good news for all duergar, there were even rumors in Gloomhaven at the time that the Mithhril Halls would be the Vile ones next target which had everyone so happy that the local inn put on an hour of free ale.

But the Vile ones story had just been told again, with a few new facts about monoliths and metallic scorpians, and the possibility of a new threat to the drow city Dobluth Kyor itself.

An argument had then errupted amoungst the drow over what should be done. The drow mage Feezuu suggested an alliance with the Vile one. There was even a male drow suggesting that an alliance should be made with the surface races against the Vile one, which made the young duergar cough and *almost* spill his ale.

Imagine, an alliance with the surface dwarves! The male must have been bought along by a drow Matron for comic relief!

The young duergar took a drink from his jug and watched Nilan leaning silently against the far wall with his head in his hands. The argument continued for minutes longer, until finally Nilan spoke and the room went quiet, "There will be no alliance with the surface races." then he paused.

"I have seen a vision and the Vile one will not stop until all.. *all* things living are dead. Do you not care for your kin? Tonight we will visit a monolith and you will all see for yourself."

The young duergar finished his ale and put down the empty jug. "This should be interesting," he thought.
Karae
Sojourner

Postby Karae » Tue Jan 06, 2004 1:51 am

I thought Artikerus called the meeting?
Nilan
Sojourner

Postby Nilan » Tue Jan 06, 2004 2:00 am

yup yup
Artikerus called the meeting :)

Nilan
Tazad
Sojourner

Great piece Dem!

Postby Tazad » Tue Jan 06, 2004 4:12 am

Awesome piece Demuladon. Glad that I could be a part of it. Hope to lend my blade to further adventures with you. Looking forward to fighting by your side in the war that is to come.
Demuladon
Sojourner

Postby Demuladon » Tue Jan 06, 2004 5:30 am

Apologies Arti.. must have been all the booze Jenna layed on fogging my memory!

The night was overall alot of fun.. (but I hope those metallics weren't version 1.0 machines).

Tazad I think you and me both owe the metallics a little bit of payback :)
Clan Blindhammer
Sojourner

Postby Clan Blindhammer » Tue Jan 06, 2004 8:05 am

Don't ye be worryin'. I got more'n "who be callin the meetin" to be bishin' at ye fer. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: Ye'll be hearin' from me soon! -glare-

Return to “RP-Quest Discussion”