Unlikely Meeting

Campaign-Related Roleplay Information

Moderators: Shar, Auril, Eilistraee

Nilan
Sojourner

Unlikely Meeting

Postby Nilan » Mon Mar 15, 2004 6:56 am

Nilan paced hastily in the old farmhouse up north. The elven ranger had desired a meeting and the assassin couldn't help being intrigued by the matter. Still, the drow was wary. It was no secret that the Queen despised him, it was no secret that she like others believed he tainted the amulet when he, a drow, dared touch it, and now, this elf...this ranger....rumored to be a champion of the Queen herself...sought to meet him. Nilan whispered softly. Touching his insignia of a black mask, the assassin whispered a prayer to his god.

In silence he waited. Seconds turned to minutes and minutes turned to hours only making the drow more impatient. He had heard rumor of a moonblade, one of the two god touched weapons rumored to be the weapons needed to slay this Vile One. He suspected this ranger had it. Nilan mused in silence, his mind going through every possible scenario he could think of. Even if this ranger didn't possess it, surely one so high up in the Elven Council would know of it. Nilan hoped to learn more.

And then there was this emerald...a gem that rumors only recently began filtering about. What was this gem, what was its power...or more importantly to the assassin it's weakness? It was rumored the Raven's had discovered it....and also no secret that this elf affiliated often with that band. Nilan shuffled his feet, thinking.

Day turned to Night before the elf entered the small room in the darkened farmhouse. Nilan eyed him uneasily. The ranger did the same. Finally it was the elf that spoke.

"Assassin, we meet. I know what you want and what you hope to learn from this meeting. Quite frankly, your knowledge of what goes on in the Queen's palace has me concerned." Llandrien paused eyeing the drow warily.

"We fight the same evil, in this battle, ranger. You know as well as I that we stand a fighting chance at winning if the armies of the realms unite against it." Nilan paused holding the elf's gaze.

"There is no reason why I should trust you assassin." the ranger replied.

Nilan gazed at the man and enircled him slowly, "I never asked for your trust, ranger. Just that we discuss a common enemy."

Landrien turned facing the murderer before speaking. "No assassin. No. Unless you swear to me an oath, that you will deal with me honestly and return when this battle is over, assuming you survive, to Evermeet to face justice and answer for the taint you placed upon the amulet, we have nothing more to speak about."

Nilan glared coldly. "There is no justice that I will receive from your queen and you know it."

Landrien held the assassins glare. "Swear it!"

Nilan knelt in silence. His thoughts on his people, their survival. Visions of the desert monolith flitted through his addled mind. Screams, bodies torn and maimed...his city, Vhaeraun's temple in flames. And now, now he had an opportunity to learn information. Information that the elves had been tight lipped about. Information that might aid in the destruction of this Vile One and in the preservation of his city. The chance to move the armies of the races toward unification for this final battle. Touching his dagger he whispered a prayer to Vhaeraun before rising to his feet.

Nilan met the Landrien's gaze holding it several moments. Both men stood in silence before the assassin uttered the words ranger desired to hear most.

"I swear it...."

Return to “RP-Quest Discussion”