Regarding Evils and Roleplaying

Campaign-Related Roleplay Information

Moderators: Shar, Auril, Eilistraee

Clan Blindhammer
Sojourner

Regarding Evils and Roleplaying

Postby Clan Blindhammer » Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:58 am

Okay, after tonight's failure I feel the need to say something.

Targsk: You made a great effort tonight. We got spanked and couldn't finish because of people leaving. I know you know that, and I know you don't blame yourself. I think, especially for not knowing SG, you did very well.

I think from now on, we just do not need to invite people who do not roleplay to the extent that we are already involved. It is hurting us. It pisses me off, I know it pisses other people off, when some of the less serious people, who ARE gracious enough to come along and help us, leave in the middle of the event. Out of frustration? Yes. But they don't see these campaign events the same way we do.

They would not stop a zone half-way through. We do not want to leave these events half-way through either.

I appreciate -EVERYONE- participating in these events. Don't get me wrong. But seeing last night end because of people leaving tells me that we just need to keep the little wee ones who participated the full time instead of waiting and recruiting mid event for relatively 'non rpers'. Events will be easier...yes, almost rediculously so. But at least we'll get to finish events. At least will get closer to finishing this campaign.

I'm not saying this as a way to twink the campaign. If evils have to field 5 40+ characters and a bunch of 20's and 30's, then the quest sphere will have to accomodate that.

I am venting, but I think this is the way to solve this problem, at least for this campaign.

Oh, furthermore, and for the record:

This group of foes was no harder than what we faced in UM earlier in the campaign. Thanatars had the same procs, and we faced multiple silversaan with no Squids with Tower of Iron Will.

Targsk was leading well and got an unlucky para twice. It was a chance we had to take. If we had people who had stayed for the third run (some people left after their first run:P) we could have finished it.

Earthquake and spirit wracks, ghasts with shieldp, and Targsk in the front, and we would have won over.

Good job Targsk, for what it is worth bro.
King Artikerus Blindhammer
---------------
Kiaransalee responds to your petition with 'I have no opinion, keeps me out of trouble.'
Malar responds to your petition with 'you die more than a morigroup'
Kossuth responds to your petition with 'please go away :P'
Rillifane responds to your petition with 'be the nance.... you are the nance... you are one with the nance...'
Clan Blindhammer
Sojourner

Postby Clan Blindhammer » Fri Sep 17, 2004 5:05 am

Oh, and for anyone who was involved tonight that -dare- says the event was too difficult for any group to finish, I say you're not fit to run a group through Split Shield. The difficulty was adjusted twice for us, we met spankage only due to lucky procs, and in the end, you're own lack of testicular fortitude to finish it off.
King Artikerus Blindhammer

---------------

Kiaransalee responds to your petition with 'I have no opinion, keeps me out of trouble.'

Malar responds to your petition with 'you die more than a morigroup'

Kossuth responds to your petition with 'please go away :P'

Rillifane responds to your petition with 'be the nance.... you are the nance... you are one with the nance...'
Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:10 pm

Not to invade the thred;

I thought I would toss in that us lower lvls (aka the Arken'viir clan - Xilissisix, Botef, Gukov, Ardulzahn, Tasez, Rasus & Tibek) appreciate everyone in the RP sphere being accepting and accomadting of our presence, more than I think you know. These last few events have been beyond anything I've ever expected from a mud or RP period and I think my cohorts follow the same line of thinking. We're working on getting to your level...So hopefully we'll be able to fill the gap.
Tasan
Sojourner

Re: Regarding Evils and Roleplaying

Postby Tasan » Wed Sep 22, 2004 12:48 am

Clan Blindhammer wrote:I think from now on, we just do not need to invite people who do not roleplay to the extent that we are already involved. It is hurting us. It pisses me off, I know it pisses other people off, when some of the less serious people, who ARE gracious enough to come along and help us, leave in the middle of the event. Out of frustration? Yes. But they don't see these campaign events the same way we do.

They would not stop a zone half-way through. We do not want to leave these events half-way through either.

Who the hell put you in charge of who should be able to RP?

I know you like to rp being a "king" or whatever, but the only crown you're wearing with this statement is the dunce cap. RP is supposed to be the anti-elite, the one thing that everyone has a chance to do regardless of skill. Who are you to judge who should and shouldn't be involved? I believe the staff has parameters they set out for people participating in these things, and they would have a much better time convincing me that not everyone should be included. I'm disgusted that you use the word gracious in an obvious attack towards people.

So it pisses you off when people leave for their RL's? I'm sorry, but not everyone can be on here 24/7 despite consequences both real and imaginery. You should be THANKFUL as many people are committed to at least trying to do these things. Perhaps your vehement attitude and comments are driving people away? Ever think of that?

Personally, I enjoy being a part of the action because it gives my character some life. No, I'm not willing to spend an inordinate amount of time attempting to prevail in a situation where my hourly time isn't being compensated monetarily(like my job, which I need to play... ironic how that works!).

Oh and as for the zone v. RP thing. It was very late for some of us, and forgive us for not throwing ourselves back against a foe with even more diminished forces.

Clan Blindhammer wrote:I appreciate -EVERYONE- participating in these events. Don't get me wrong. But seeing last night end because of people leaving tells me that we just need to keep the little wee ones who participated the full time instead of waiting and recruiting mid event for relatively 'non rpers'. Events will be easier...yes, almost rediculously so. But at least we'll get to finish events. At least will get closer to finishing this campaign.

I'm not saying this as a way to twink the campaign. If evils have to field 5 40+ characters and a bunch of 20's and 30's, then the quest sphere will have to accomodate that.

I am venting, but I think this is the way to solve this problem, at least for this campaign.

I don't agree with this at all. Anyone should be able to participate, and if you happen to miss some events you should always be welcome back to the story. Using accomodations by the staff to "win" a campaign... why? The fun is in the campaign and seeing it through, not in the finalization.

Clan Blindhammer wrote:Oh, furthermore, and for the record:
Good job Targsk, for what it is worth bro.

Amen.
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'

Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'

Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
Sesexe
Sojourner

Postby Sesexe » Thu Sep 23, 2004 2:42 am

Tasan wrote:

Actually that's part of my unofficial official job as the unofficial toril RP authority. Ask anyone!

Tasan wrote:I know you like to rp being a "king" or whatever, but the only crown you're wearing with this statement is the dunce cap. RP is supposed to be the anti-elite, the one thing that everyone has a chance to do regardless of skill. Who are you to judge who should and shouldn't be involved? I believe the staff has parameters they set out for people participating in these things, and they would have a much better time convincing me that not everyone should be included. I'm disgusted that you use the word gracious in an obvious attack towards people.

Arti wears a lot of hats, but I'm not sure he's the one wearing the dunce cap here in this thread. I know who is tho.

Tasan wrote:So it pisses you off when people leave for their RL's? I'm sorry, but not everyone can be on here 24/7 despite consequences both real and imaginery. You should be THANKFUL as many people are committed to at least trying to do these things. Perhaps your vehement attitude and comments are driving people away? Ever think of that?

24/7? I wasn't aware that the 1 hour RP session equaled or even came close to 24 x 7 hours. The RP/Quest sphere is very informative. You no longer have to wait around on the edge of your seat for when something is going to happen. They usually let folks know ahead of time. If you seriously think everyone who's normally involved sits around waiting 24/7 for an event to happen, well bub, you're the one wearing the dunce cap.

Tasan wrote:Personally, I enjoy being a part of the action because it gives my character some life. No, I'm not willing to spend an inordinate amount of time attempting to prevail in a situation where my hourly time isn't being compensated monetarily(like my job, which I need to play... ironic how that works!).

Inordinate? Wow. 1 hour, maybe 2 max total was the duration of the last RP session. I take it you don't ever zone at all? Or do you just do 30 min zonelets?

So should we pay you to actually stick it out beyond 30mins and ONE run agains ONE battle? No wait, don't take that dunce cap off yet. It's very becoming of you. We should paint it. Give it some little stars and glitter.

Tasan wrote:Oh and as for the zone v. RP thing. It was very late for some of us, and forgive us for not throwing ourselves back against a foe with even more diminished forces.

Ever done a CR? Have you ever zoned? Seriously, have you even played this game beyond BGR/DS exp? Cuz bub, this statement sure doesn't make you look like you have.

Tasan wrote:I don't agree with this at all. Anyone should be able to participate, and if you happen to miss some events you should always be welcome back to the story. Using accomodations by the staff to "win" a campaign... why? The fun is in the campaign and seeing it through, not in the finalization.

Isn't it a little hard to 'see it thru' when you take off in the middle of it? Oh wait, sorry, I mean.. AT THE BEGINING OF IT?

Dam, and I thought Arti sucked.
Asup group-says 'who needs sex ed when you got sesexe.'
Targsk group-says 'sexedse'
mount dragon
You climb on and ride Tocx'enth'orix, the elder black dragon.
You have learned something new about mount!
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:18 am

Sesexe wrote:
Tasan wrote:

Actually that's part of my unofficial official job as the unofficial toril RP authority. Ask anyone!

I asked 3 people and they all said you need to STFU. What does that mean?

Sesexe wrote:
Tasan wrote:I know you like to rp being a "king" or whatever, but the only crown you're wearing with this statement is the dunce cap. RP is supposed to be the anti-elite, the one thing that everyone has a chance to do regardless of skill. Who are you to judge who should and shouldn't be involved? I believe the staff has parameters they set out for people participating in these things, and they would have a much better time convincing me that not everyone should be included. I'm disgusted that you use the word gracious in an obvious attack towards people.

Arti wears a lot of hats, but I'm not sure he's the one wearing the dunce cap here in this thread. I know who is tho.

You donned it, my bad!

Sesexe wrote:
Tasan wrote:So it pisses you off when people leave for their RL's? I'm sorry, but not everyone can be on here 24/7 despite consequences both real and imaginery. You should be THANKFUL as many people are committed to at least trying to do these things. Perhaps your vehement attitude and comments are driving people away? Ever think of that?

24/7? I wasn't aware that the 1 hour RP session equaled or even came close to 24 x 7 hours. The RP/Quest sphere is very informative. You no longer have to wait around on the edge of your seat for when something is going to happen. They usually let folks know ahead of time. If you seriously think everyone who's normally involved sits around waiting 24/7 for an event to happen, well bub, you're the one wearing the dunce cap.

No, obviously reading into things is too hard for you, let me be perfectly clear. I used a parlance of our times to indicate the fact that a lot of people here can't play at any and all hours depending on what's going on online. The so-called "1 hour" RP session you refer to was quite a bit longer than that actually, and the fact you weren't even a part of it until later on just makes your comment here look stupid.

Sesexe wrote:
Tasan wrote:Personally, I enjoy being a part of the action because it gives my character some life. No, I'm not willing to spend an inordinate amount of time attempting to prevail in a situation where my hourly time isn't being compensated monetarily(like my job, which I need to play... ironic how that works!).

Inordinate? Wow. 1 hour, maybe 2 max total was the duration of the last RP session. I take it you don't ever zone at all? Or do you just do 30 min zonelets?

So should we pay you to actually stick it out beyond 30mins and ONE run agains ONE battle? No wait, don't take that dunce cap off yet. It's very becoming of you. We should paint it. Give it some little stars and glitter.

Hi, if I play for 4 hours prior to RP, then 2 hours, and it becomes bed time in real life so I can go to my job the next day and earn money to pay for my connection to play, I think the argument makes perfect sense. This whole dunce cap thing is played out, obviously you are too consumed in your own metaphors to see anyone elses. I made no comments about the actual LENGTH of the RP session. Dunce cap indeed.

Sesexe wrote:
Tasan wrote:"]Oh and as for the zone v. RP thing. It was very late for some of us, and forgive us for not throwing ourselves back against a foe with even more diminished forces.

Ever done a CR? Have you ever zoned? Seriously, have you even played this game beyond BGR/DS exp? Cuz bub, this statement sure doesn't make you look like you have.

Have you ever posted anything with merit? Because if you had any clue, you'd know how stupid that comment was. Oh and zoning... yeah I do that when I have time... no one said how long RP would take, I chose to leave.

Sesexe wrote:
Tasan wrote:I don't agree with this at all. Anyone should be able to participate, and if you happen to miss some events you should always be welcome back to the story. Using accomodations by the staff to "win" a campaign... why? The fun is in the campaign and seeing it through, not in the finalization.

Isn't it a little hard to 'see it thru' when you take off in the middle of it? Oh wait, sorry, I mean.. AT THE BEGINING OF IT?

See, you think it was the beginning because you were AFK for the beginning, as in NOT EVEN A PART OF IT. So maybe you need to step down from the soap box and swallow your tongue? Yeah. Kthxbye~

Notice I said campaign btw, not 1 freakin session. Get a clue.

Sesexe wrote:Dam, and I thought Arti sucked.

Now you know it's both of you!
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'

Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'

Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
Sesexe
Sojourner

Postby Sesexe » Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:18 am

Yawn.

So you want this to devolve into a simple flame war? Take it to a private bbs/messages then. Toril doesn't like flame wars. So telling me to STFU is a cheap shot just to instigate one.

I find it increasingly difficult to take you seriously when your retort is little more then a couple of 5th graders saying "No you're a poodie head! No you're a poodie head!"

I'm supposed to read into your words, but later you tell me why you used exact terminology. Well which is it? Do you mean the words you say/type or are you just 'implying' things that we are supposed to read into?

You were on 4 hours prior to RP. That's about how long I was on before it started too. But who cares? We were talking about the RP session. Not all the time before that. You said people don't have time to play 24/7. Well most of the reasons people left after the first battle wasn't because they had to go. It was because they gave up and didn't want to participate anymore because they felt it was impossible. Notice I said 'most', perhaps you were an exception, but the reason Targsk and Artikerus were upset, and reason behind arti's intiial post here, is because of the people who DIDN'T have to leave, but just gave up. Ask Targsk and/or Artikerus yourself.

I wasn't there for it? Well, atleast according to YOU. Despite your attempts to say I wasn't, I WAS there. I wasn't afk either. From START to END I actually was there. Duh? Didn't you happen to notice the 20 some legion of undead I brought into the battle with me? Oh.. guess you forgot about that? Well, where did you think it came from? Snap my freaking fingers? I had to round em up.

I wasn't talking heavily on gsay so I musta been afk? I wasn't aware gsay was considered RP. What would you have me say to people on the other side of a mountain range via a gsay in RP exactly? I never rp over gsay. I never have. I don't know many people who do. Like most other people on this mud, I RP only with those in the same room as me.

For your information, I was in constant contact with Targsk via tells and acc far more then gsay. *hands you a clue*

After the first spank in SG I came back and helped with CR by clearing the aggros around SG, and embalming all corpses Nilan dragged out. Yeah me. I secured the area. I made sure the corpses were embalmed. I made sure noone died during this time. Wtf did you do?

Targsk mentioned the SG gate guards weren't aggro evilrace. Well they are, so I had to lure them out of SG after accidentally tagging them, and handle them as I could while not dragging them back onto the party. Perhaps you would have preferred I drag them back on an unprepared group and get a few folks killed? No I didn't do something like that, instead I lured them away and waited for when group was ready for them while taking one of them out in the process.

Have I ever posted anything of merit? I'm laughing in your face right now with the absurdity of that statement. I was just recognized as the best person at contributing new and original ideas on the bbs.

I'm sick and tired of people taking pot shots at me on this BBS and then ducking and hiding behind the IMMs when they lock the thread. You got something to say to me, you say it to my face or someplace where we won't get censored and locked out.

Here, come to OD BBS and say anything you want without ever being censored:
http://www.orbdrindoloth.org/phpBB2/

Otherwise, take your friends advice and STFU ya damself.
Asup group-says 'who needs sex ed when you got sesexe.'

Targsk group-says 'sexedse'

mount dragon

You climb on and ride Tocx'enth'orix, the elder black dragon.

You have learned something new about mount!
Auril
Staff Member - Quests

Postby Auril » Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:33 am

Ok. This is definitely looking like it will combust in just another moment.

The session failed, tempers flared. Some people chose to leave, feeling the effort wasn't worth it.

Not everyone knows how these sessions go, they tend to be flexible, but hey - sometimes the challenge is higher, sometimes not, and sometimes people aren't up to it.

Live and learn, this thread's closed. Thank you for your thoughts.

Return to “RP-Quest Discussion”