As Told by a Drow

Campaign-Related Roleplay Information

Moderators: Shar, Auril, Eilistraee

teflor the ranger
Sojourner

As Told by a Drow

Postby teflor the ranger » Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:31 am

As Told by a Drow

There stood the ranger, so it seemed. Gone were the long cloak, the soft soled boots, and the smell of a forgotten wilderness. He looked almost a priest as he wandered the poor quarters of Baulder’s Gate. He touched one of the commoners on his way back from work, placing a piece of bacon into the man’s hands. The man looked up at the ranger, confused and almost frightened as Teflor blessed him. He smiled widely, thanking the ranger and repeating the blessing as he stepped off lively for home.

The Hand of Vhaeraun watched as the ranger turned the corner into the quiet alleyway wrapped in shadows. Though night had fallen, the mark of Auzorn’tvorl was only then revealed to the assassin.

“Nilan,” called the once familiar voice, “come out so that we may speak.”

The assassin’s hand fell reflexively to the hilt of Shadow. The ranger’s voice called out again.

“I am on a mission of peace, merely to spread the word of the great Auzorn’tvorl. I know that you are here, I can recognize your scent.”

The assassin remained unmoving. A minute passed as the two stood unflinching.

“Nilan, there is nothing on the surface that smells quite like you.”

The assassin looked him over once more as the ranger stood at a slight distance. He did not see the menacing magical elven blades that the ranger usually carried. While he may not have known the ranger’s prowess at magic, the assassin was certain that he would have been able to silence him before he could finish his invocation.

Furthermore, he thought he understood the ranger.

Nilan rose confidently, striding into the middle of the alley. “Ranger.”

Teflor reached out at Nilan with his hand, as if to greet the assassin. “Fool.” The assassin’s senses immediately came alive, as he watched the ranger draw back on an invisible bow, just barely dodging aside as an invisible arrow cut through the air, passing just below his ear. With a practiced agility that impressed even the Hand of Vhaeraun, flights of invisible arrows cut at his skin and glanced off his equipment as Nilan deftly dodged each arrow. This was a trap, set just for him. The bright night sun confined his best vision within the alleyway littered with objects giving off phantom echoes of events past.

The assassin ran low on options as he unsheathed Shadow, charging towards his assailant.

Nilan briefly saw Teflor smile.

The ranger’s powerful recurve bow came into visibility as it began to glow green with magic, letting fly a powerful sonic arrow that slammed into the assassin’s shoulder, dropping him to the earth. Much of his body refused to respond as the magical trauma embedded in his chest held, painfully slow in its dissipation.

A familiar face crouched over the assassin as the ranger kneeled on his chest, holding his wrist down with his hand. The assassin flinched a little as Teflor grabbed his arrow with the other hand wrenching it around inside of him, digging up blood from deep within his chest as it bubbled into the streets.

“So this is the great Velg’larn. The mighty Hand of Vhaeraun.”

The assassin gurgled as blood escaped his lips.

“Send my regards to your god.”

Nilan spit in the ranger’s face before he cried out a scream of pain, summoning all of his strength sending the ranger sprawling across the alley. Teflor scrambled to his feet as he drew another arrow from his invisible quiver, knocking it only to find that he did not have a target. The ranger smiled inwardly and withdrew.

“Tounle, Velg’larn…”

(Characters used with players permission. Story pre-screened by invovled parties.)
Teflor does. Teflor does not.
Nilan
Sojourner

Postby Nilan » Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:47 am

Nasty Ranger!!!!

Good tale bro

Don't get too comfortable, ranger. I still got that arrow...I am dying to return it.

*wink*

Nilan
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:32 pm

Sigh. That is what you get for spouting melodramatic nonsense instead of taking care of business. Do you need lessons, Teflor, in making your kills quick and clean? You should not play with your prey; even these animals deserve swift mercy.
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
Kazaromoc
Sojourner

Postby Kazaromoc » Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:57 pm

Good story! *tisk* Shame on stabby for not being prepared. You should be on the roof tops watch'n him. Death from above is good bro (besides, your stink wouldnt be as detectable up there :) *grin*
-Kaz-
Sonon
Sojourner

Postby Sonon » Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:03 pm

tsk tsk tsk nilan how could you let a human get to you like that i thought you were smarter than that.
-------------------------------------------------------
Alysia group-says 'Lilen immolates a terrified squirrel to a charred crisp with his devastating inferno!'
Lilen group-says 'where are all da trolls i was promised'
Lilen has left the group.
Duna
Sojourner

Postby Duna » Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:07 pm

So you've turned against us? Those that called you friend?

Spreading the 'word of the great Auzorn’tvorl', if that is your choice...
My only words to you are, Stay Hidden Ranger. You will regret that choice.
Lorsalian
Sojourner

Postby Lorsalian » Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:36 am

Duna wrote:So you've turned against us? Those that called you friend?

Spreading the 'word of the great Auzorn’tvorl', if that is your choice...
My only words to you are, Stay Hidden Ranger. You will regret that choice.

Pray that you are possessed, Teflor
Cirath
Sojourner

Postby Cirath » Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:05 pm

Bravo. Finally a ranger worth knowing!
Sonon
Sojourner

Postby Sonon » Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:34 am

oh yeah i forgot bad bad bad ranger you shouldn't change religions like that :(

Alysia group-says 'Lilen immolates a terrified squirrel to a charred crisp with his devastating inferno!'

teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:15 am

Never had a religion.
Lorsalian
Sojourner

Postby Lorsalian » Sat Nov 13, 2004 11:02 pm

teflor the ranger wrote:Never had a religion.

Betrayal needs no religion, but it tends to create it.

There are those who now seek to unite who were and shall be enemies; all to find this one -- this betrayer; this thing.
Their passion to do this can now only be described as holy.

The drow uses his daggers to stab his enemies in the back, but this person uses actions to stab his former friends and allies -- who is to say which cuts deeper?

The Harpers will be informed -- they will see that others know.

When it tracked down the Tvorlites who slaughtered their brethren to capture the 'flora' from the forests of Neverwinter, was this one still with us, or was that merely a ruse to open a position for itself?

It should pray that its new master sees fit to hide you in his stronghold, for few places to hide remain.

ooc : Few people _don't_ want to kill Nilan ... it is the MUDular pasttime ... but you wait until AFTER you are done using his skills.
kanenan
Sojourner

Postby kanenan » Mon Nov 15, 2004 5:41 am

Many times i have contemplated such a path that Teflor has recently chosen. to be the mockery of both races. To stand alone for the good of the earth. To be a cast away.. Lorsalian you seem to ignore this truth. The inner feeling of knowledge, to be the only one in the forest that understands the breathing of the leaves. I wish no ill will to Teflor. I wish him the Blessing Of Oberon, may his hand lead you safely on your mission brother.

No one can ever understand a ranger. So stop trying.

Kanenan of Evermeet
Duna
Sojourner

Postby Duna » Mon Nov 15, 2004 2:58 pm

Actually Kanenan, what you don't understand is that, the thing Teflor now seems to worship, Auzorn’tvorl. Doesn't want to bring good to the world, he wants to destory and enslave all those who inhabit it. He is a threat to all, good and evil alike.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Mon Nov 15, 2004 5:30 pm

I'd be lying if I said I didn't like destroying.
Delmair Aamoren
Sojourner

Postby Delmair Aamoren » Mon Nov 15, 2004 6:50 pm

teflor the ranger wrote:I'd be lying if I said I didn't like destroying.

You know, there was some code in the game possibly part of the "outcast" system, that made rangers that went neutral or got outcasted for whatever reason (trading with evils, etc) turned into warriors. I _THINK_ this was a permanent change, but it would be neat if this could be used for roleplay purposes and perhaps temporarily allow teflor to be a neutral warrior until he "atones" for his misdeeds.

On the other hand, that would be a significant upgrade since warrior >>>>> ranger. Oh well, would still be neat to see. and i would find it fun to RP if i were that ranger.
kanenan
Sojourner

Postby kanenan » Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:03 pm

Duna wrote:Actually Kanenan, what you don't understand is that, the thing Teflor now seems to worship, Auzorn’tvorl. Doesn't want to bring good to the world, he wants to destory and enslave all those who inhabit it. He is a threat to all, good and evil alike.

oh i understand alright duna.

: Teflor is angry, and if he cares to destroy all of you in the process, so be it. I am tired of the evil ones asking t omeet with me, to Talk about compromise, and then end every discussion with destruction, obliteration, complete washing.. do it already. see how many steps you will succesfully take on evermeet before i raise my bow and end your lives. Teflor should be wise enough to understand this. the rest of you however continue your ignorance. you are happiest that way.
Last edited by kanenan on Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stuff.
Zen
Sojourner

Postby Zen » Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:01 pm

A ranger with such poor aim is not to be trusted, regardless. The fate of men means little, as an ally or a foe. When our enemies fight eachother, it is only worthy of notice for the amusement it provides.

It is of no consequence whom he serves, the fate of men is the same. They all die.

-Llandrien
The Lord of the Iron Wastes holds his hammer high in the air, shouting a torment... 'Weak fools!'
Teej tells you 'I think they're deliberately outsourcing - trying to improve their genetics.'
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Tue Nov 16, 2004 2:30 am

Delmair Aamoren wrote:
teflor the ranger wrote:I'd be lying if I said I didn't like destroying.

You know, there was some code in the game possibly part of the "outcast" system, that made rangers that went neutral or got outcasted for whatever reason (trading with evils, etc) turned into warriors. I _THINK_ this was a permanent change, but it would be neat if this could be used for roleplay purposes and perhaps temporarily allow teflor to be a neutral warrior until he "atones" for his misdeeds.

On the other hand, that would be a significant upgrade since warrior >>>>> ranger. Oh well, would still be neat to see. and i would find it fun to RP if i were that ranger.

Hey, Kanenan likes destroying. Read his post :P
Lahgen
Sojourner

Postby Lahgen » Tue Nov 16, 2004 3:01 am

kanenan wrote:
oh i understand alright duna.

: Teflor is angry, and if he cares to destroy all of you in the process, so be it. I am tired of the evil ones asking t omeet with me, to Talk about compromise, and then end every discussion with destruction, obliteration, complete washing.. do it already. see how many steps you will succesfully take on evermeet before i raise my bow and end your lives. Teflor should be wise enough to understand this. the rest of you however continue your ignorance. you are happiest that way.

Sarlethel wishes to convey the following:

"Brother elf...surely you do not suggest that we should let the Vile One have his way, just because the lesser races foolishly overstep their bounds. The thing to do is to destroy the Vile One first, then deal with the others. The Black Archer would not be pleased to see you fall into error..."
Sonon
Sojourner

Postby Sonon » Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:35 pm

Why should you elves get to make the decision? Whatever decision you make will affect us humans. I think the humans should have the pleasure of capturing or killing this traitor.

kanenan
Sojourner

Postby kanenan » Fri Nov 19, 2004 5:02 am

You humans are far to occupied with yourselves to be of any assistance. You weren't there a thousand years ago, you won't be there now, and you won't even exist a thousand more from now. Perhaps i should blame Teflors new direction on his race?
I would be justified if i did.

All you care about is yourselves. Your personal gain, and the corruption of anything or anyone in your favour. Please load your bow, not your mouth.
stuff.
Cirath
Sojourner

Postby Cirath » Fri Nov 19, 2004 5:48 am

It should be noted that yours is the race that is dying off due to low birth rate. But then, perhaps that's why so many mutts are running around, because elves can't stomach each other enough to breed.

Not that I am complaining. A good war will thin the ranks nicely.
kanenan
Sojourner

Postby kanenan » Sun Nov 21, 2004 4:13 am

Nilan..

We have unfinished business, seek me stalker.

Kanenan -WoodGreyn- of Evermeet

Return to “RP-Quest Discussion”