How DO I get myself into these things? Lilira's Version: 1

Campaign-Related Roleplay Information

Moderators: Shar, Auril, Eilistraee

Lilira
Sojourner

How DO I get myself into these things? Lilira's Version: 1

Postby Lilira » Wed Nov 10, 2004 8:10 pm

I finished the last of the ale in my mug and set it on the table. As usual Parchimil was entertaining the crowd. Once finished with his set, the bard put his instrument away and sauntered my direction. The tavern was crowded, and he was stopped at almost every table by patrons who wished to greet him. Finally he reached the corner where I sat.

“How goes it Parch,” I asked in greeting. My wanderlust takes me all over and I have become familiar with many other of my profession in cities everywhere. This particular tavern was in the bustling town of Scournubel. I like it there. Nothing like Waterdeep where I hail from, not that I’m there much, but it has its own charm. Oh and the shops!

But I digress.

“Not so well Lili-my-lilly,’ he replied. Bards, we always have to play with words.

“Oh? Are you not receiving enough gifts from your grateful masses? I have a little set by, for a loan if need be,,,” I asked him concerned by the frown lines on his brow.

“No lass, tis the dark tales I’ve been hearing lately. As you know we have many wandering entertainers like yourself pause for a pint before continuing on their journeys. They’ve been passing tales, dark tales about the possible end of the world.”

“Now Parch, the end of the world? Doomsayers are predicting that every day. There’re prophets in Baulders Gate that have been ringing my ears with it every time I walk past,” I scoffed.

“These aren’t the blathering of idiots, but tales from reliable mouths. I only speak of it to you for you’ve the curiosity to learn the truth of matters, and the wanderlust to track them down. I figured I might tickle your interest and send you out for better information.”

I thought about it for a moment.

“Hmm, some of my guild mates might have heard something about this. A message caught up with me today that some of them will be in Waterdeep for a time. I can ask them if they’ve heard of anything. Parch, you sure know how to time it. I’ve just gotten comfy, and its off again I am.”

“I knew you wouldn’t be able to resist the urge to find out more once I told you about it,” Parchimil chuckled as I stood and gathered my belongings. I tossed a gold to the barmaid and mourned the loss of a hot meal.

Out the door, over a street and north I went, singing a traveling song with all my heart.

++++

“Ohhhhhhh,” I groaned as I sat back on the couch in my armorer friend’s lounge. I eased the boots off my exhausted feet. I love the song of travel mother had taught me, but with me moving faster, I am mentally exhausted afterward and my feet,,, ohhh my feet. I also eat like a horse, grazing constantly.

I so needed a bath. But that could wait. I hummed a few bars of my healing song to soothe the various aches and pains. Once I could move again, I sat up and relaxed my mind with a soothing song. Twenty minutes later, I had rummaged through my bag and dug out my town clothes. I’m gone too often to have my own house and all that goes with it, so I bunk with a buddy when I’m home. After cleaning up and getting changed into, thank the gods, soft clothes, I grabbed my lyre and headed to the town center. Everyone shows up at the fountain in Waterdeep at some point.

I picked a spot, tossed out a box and started singing. After greeting several people I knew, and watching several that I didn’t go past, I finally saw someone I was looking for.

“Tida!”

A flame touched head spun my way, saw who it was and waved.

“Tida, lemme buy you a drink!”

“Only if its tea,” she retorted to my offer. I nodded and she headed my way. After standing up and brushing myself off, I grabbed my box and lyre and headed for the Tavern of the Just.

Tida raised an eyebrow at my choice, and I smirked. “Their drinks are better here, and I know the dishes are clean.”

She chuckled and grabbed a quiet table while I spoke with the barkeep. A couple of moments later, our drinks were served, ale for me and hot water for Tida. I fished a small parcel out of my pouch and tossed it next to Tida’s mug.

“I know how you don’t drink alcohol much, so I grabbed some of this when I went to visit some of my da’s kin. The visit was horrible as I expected,” my voice, I am ashamed to say, grew husky and I coughed a little to clear my throat, “but the Theeri tea is from an establishment in Leuthilspar itself.”

“Thank you,” Tida purred, pulled out some of the tea, and popped it into the hot water to steep. “Now, you went to a lot of trouble to find me. Last I heard you were headed to Scournubel.”

I chuckled, and related to her the way Parchimil had kicked me out as soon as I had arrived. Her smile of mirth changed when I relayed the rest of what Parchimil had told me.

“Tida, do you know anything of this?”

Tida nodded and began telling me about visions given to her by some monoliths that had been discovered, and what sounded like a select few were doing about it.

“Wait here a bit,” she said and headed out of the tavern. Waiting for her to do, whatever it was she was going to do, I asked the bartender if I could entertain the crowd. At his nod, I tuned my lyre and began my song, relating a tale of two soldiers and a drunken minotaur.

Roars of laughter accompanied my song, and Tida entered as I finished up. I returned to my seat and put my lyre away.

“I am meeting some people tonight I want to introduce you to, but you have to be sure you want to do this. What we are attempting is dangerous, and there are many who would love to see us fail and the visions come true,” Tida told me quietly, barely audible under the tavern’s bustle that had resumed after my performance.

“I am sure.”

With those three words, I had no idea what I would be getting into.

-Lilira-
Nilan
Sojourner

Postby Nilan » Thu Nov 11, 2004 2:09 pm

Very Nice Story Lilira!!!

Cheer!!!!!!!!!

Hugs,

Nilan
Lilira
Sojourner

*bow* *grin*

Postby Lilira » Sat Nov 13, 2004 6:49 am

Why thank you.

More to come, but not posted on Quest board.

-Lilira-

Return to “RP-Quest Discussion”