A Visitor

Campaign-Related Roleplay Information

Moderators: Shar, Auril, Eilistraee

Lilira
Sojourner

A Visitor

Postby Lilira » Sun Nov 21, 2004 4:23 am

After Teflor left, I locked the door behind him. Standing still in the middle of my room, I found my balance and closed my eyes. The power of the song that left my lips swept around the room and filled me with the knowledge that nothing was hidden, and I was once again alone. After three verses I ended the song, walked over to the bed and sank down into its comforting embrace.

I could not relax. The events of the past two days had caught up with me and sleep refused to come. I tried to sing a soothing song for relaxation, but the words would not pass my lips. Finally after staring at the ceiling for eternity, my eyes drifted closed in tortured dreams.

The visions I had seen in the Monoliths danced a path of disquiet in my slumbers. My body tossed and turned in torment.

“Lili my love,” a quiet voice said, soothing me out of nightmares.

My mother stood before me, looking as she must have in her youth. No longer careworn and sick, her hair a midnight cascade down her back.

“Mother,” I asked, blinking sleepily. Something was wrong, but I couldn’t remember what that was at the moment.

“Lilira,, I cannot stay long. I have been granted this little time to speak with you,” she said, sitting beside me on the bed.

“You must stop allowing your heart to close you off from those who would care for you. I am gone and your father’s family shunned you, but you can’t allow them to ruin the paths ahead for you. Your task will fail if you cannot bring yourself to care again.”

“Open your eyes and heart. Believe in those others would normally shun. I will always love you.”

At her final words, my eyes opened. I stared once more at the ceiling, flickering shadows thrown from the candle dancing across it. A small breeze stirred the stack of parchment I had yet to burn, and moved to toy with the shorter tendrils of hair surrounding my face.

A peace I had not known in five years had found a place in my heart, and I could feel it begin to beat once more in my breast.

I sat up, grabbed some parchment and a quill and began to write, for the first time in years, a song.

*ooc: Yeah a little cliched, but it needed to happen. Sorry!*
~\o--Lilira Shadowlyre--o/~

You group-say 'my chars will carry the component on them if I can.'
Inama group-says 'hopefully they'll have some sort of volume discounts on ress items for people like you'
You group-say 'oh? Ya think? *giggle*'
Inama group-says 'they could at least implement frequent dier miles'

Suzalize group-says 'oh, eya's over weight i bet'

Return to “RP-Quest Discussion”