Crap the Griffon

Campaign-Related Roleplay Information

Moderators: Shar, Auril, Eilistraee

Lirela
Sojourner

Crap the Griffon

Postby Lirela » Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:39 pm

Lirela stood at the pathway to the cleric’s guild in Waterdeep, trying to decide what to do that evening. It was starting to rain...

Kavik rode in on a zealous griffon from the east and dismounted.

Shegave him a great big, warm hug, and he petted the griffon lovingly. They both smiled at each other.

She said 'You're looking much better.' He nodded.

A dog was barking from somewhere.

Kavik said 'I've been through a few changes. Crap barely recognized me.'

Lirela said 'I don't suppose you would accompany me on a little trip?'

Kavik petted the griffon lovingly and said 'Surely. I’ll be right back. Crap, watch over Lirela,' and left for the bank.

Lirela raised her eyebrow. Hmmm.. He couldn’t...

Lirela waited for Kavik to come back before she asked the griffon, 'He didn't name you Crap, did he?' She petted the large animal.

Kavik blushed furiously. Finally, some blood was going to his brain. He said 'Well, no not really.'

Lirela frowned at Kavik. Not really?

It was raining, and they were all getting wet. A child and his dog raced by Lirela, with the child giggling wildly. The dog’s tail whipped water into her face and she wiped it off with another frown.

Kavik said 'It’s not my fault.' He sighed and resigned himself to telling the story. 'OK.. you know I retired, so I was wandering around a lot. Pretty bored really.'

The town crier shouted something in the background.

Kavik petted the griffon lovingly as he spoke, and Lirela nodded for him to continue.

Kavik continued, 'and well.. her mother.. or father, I couldn't tell which at the distance I was at, was killed.'

The town crier shouted again, distracting her momentarily.

Lirela said 'Oh..'

Kavik said 'It put up a massive fight though, I tell you, these guys can fight.'

Lirela looked at the griffon, wondering what it would be like in a battle. From the hooked black beak to the brown-tufted tail, the griffon was a being of awesome beauty. Clear amber eyes shone with intelligence and anticipation. Dark brown feathers cloaked her head, front legs, chest, belly and wings, flaring like fingers as the wings stretched wide. A lush coat of dark gold with flecks of silvery-grey highlighted the griffon's muscular torso, hind legs, and long tail. Enormous talons on the front legs were held forward, ready to strike, while her velvety hind feet shifted for better purchase. She was in excellent condition and appeared to be somewhat energetic. Lirela decided she’d rather not find out first-hand.

Kavik ruffled the griffon's hair playfully while Lirela studied it.

A small cloud of smoke floated into the area from someone's cooking fire. That’s funny, there aren’t any residences closeby...

Kavik said 'Anyway, I saw the baby in the nest. It would not survive without food.'

It rained a bit harder and Lirela wrapped her cloak around her.

Kavik said 'So I took to throwing meat scraps to it every time I was up there. And well, she followed me home and has been around me ever since.'

The clock tower chimed the hour. Many bells, it must have been noon.

Lirela placed a wicked grin on her face and said 'So why do you call her Crap?' Lirela squinted her eyes and peered at Kavik.

Kavik said 'And well... her name is, well...You see she is pretty big, and uh.. breaks things, so whenever she did, I would just say crap. And now it’s the only thing she answers to.' Kavik shrugged helplessly.

Lirela laughed at that.

Kavik patted the griffon on the back.

The town crier shouted again. Doesn’t he ever shut up?

Lirela said 'At least she doesn't answer to, 'WellFuck''

That made Kavik chuckle. He said 'I was careful when she was a baby...but not careful enough it seems.'

Lirela said 'Oh right, well you wouldn't want to teach her to be a potty mouth.'

It rained a bit harder. They were all three soaked by now. Why is it everyone seems to stand out in the rain and talk?

Kavik chuckled politely and Lirela giggled through chattering teeth.

Kavik climbed up on the griffon’s back.

Lirela said 'Come on, let's go.'

Kavik nodded and followed Lirela out of town.
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:54 pm

*chuckle* *snicker* *snort*

Lilira
Sonon
Sojourner

Postby Sonon » Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:33 pm

hehehe i like being in the rain what a cool name for a griffin. good job kavik
-------------------------------------------------------
Alysia group-says 'Lilen immolates a terrified squirrel to a charred crisp with his devastating inferno!'
-------------------------------------------------------
Lilen group-says 'where are all da trolls i was promised'
Lilen has left the group.

Return to “RP-Quest Discussion”