Silence

Campaign-Related Roleplay Information

Moderators: Shar, Auril, Eilistraee

teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Silence

Postby teflor the ranger » Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:52 am

The voice of the scribe answered the questions posed to him so smoothly, consistantly. So... matter of fact.

Who does he hunt now?

You.

At least the voice was not without a sense of humor. The ranger hesistated to ask who else had hunted what as Lilira curled into a ball, shivering not only from the cold.

The voice made things seem so simple. A simplicity he dearly sought in his mind as he and Ayra set out south for Baulder's Gate. Cirath would surely have noticed their departure. The plan was simple, lure the assassin onto familiar grounds, stir the city to put everyone on uneven footing - where the ranger was most comfortable.

Teflor would approach the guards at the main gate to warn them about the threat of disguised drow coming into the city. Ayra would be sent to inform the Lord of an attempt on his life. Together they would call the people of the city out ot the streets, in such a clamor of chaos. Such was the plan.

========================================

"It was crazy," said one elite soldier of the Flaming Fist to the other as their watch changed.

"It was an assassin," added one of the other guards.

"He just walked in and tried to stab the ranger in the throat, right in front of us."

"Teflor? The Auzorm'tvorl troublemaker?"

"Good riddance," called another.

"He is no priest. That was the fastest sword I had ever seen."

"How fast?"

"Parried the suprise attack. From the sheath. Landed three blows before the other guy could do a thing. He started laughing.."

".. when the other guy"

"assassin."

"If he was an assassin, why"

"The assassin slammed the ranger into the ground even with those wounds."

"I saw a spark in that ranger's eyes just then. A deep hatred. Like some sort of bloodlust"

"So why didn't you guys do anything?"

Silence fell over the gathered soldiers. A piece of moldy bread rang off the rookie's helmet, as they continued thier banter.

"The woman with the ranger was a mage!"

"They both casted something.."

"The assassin was covered in flames."

"Stumbled away he did, probably couldn't see a thing."

"I think that's faerie fire. It's a good thing you guys didn't hear the mage's word either."

Another piece of moldy bread flew at the rookie.

"Shut up rookie, what the hell would you know?"

========================================

Teflor slammed his shield into Cirath, pinning him to the ground. With both hands he grasped the hilt of his sword over the assassin's prostrated body, and thrust the blade deeply into his chest, piercing the rogue's heart.

He passed without a sound, his hands opening and dropping his blades to the earth, the life flickering from his eyes.

Quietly death came to the assassin.
Teflor does. Teflor does not.
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Thu Jan 13, 2005 12:48 am

I stumbled out of my room in the Dead Orc Inn needing hot tea and ready to kill for it.

I had spent the previous evening entertaining a group of dwarves flushed with a victory of some sort and drinking the tavern dry. The Tavern of the Sun had a good evening of custom, and my pouch had jingled with tips as I had stumbled wearily, and not altogether soberly to my room, carefully setting my instruments aside before disrobing and falling into bed.

I made my way down the stairs, blinking at the group of people milling around in the entrance to the inn as they formed up to head to one place or another. A few smirks and snickers were aimed my direction after some of my acquaintances sized up my bleary-eyed appearance.

“Rough night bard,” asked a gnome I had traveled with before. My muddled mind refused to provide a name.

“Uhn? Dwarves,,, happy ones,,, need tea,” I mumbled, heading for the tavern, weaving around chuckling people. The bartender, seeing me coming, snickered soflty and dropped a mug of tea on the counter. I had left some tea leaves with him the night before as a precaution. I picked up the mug and took a healthy swallow. I coughed and felt heat rush all the way to my toes. I blinked at the bartender.

“My version of a remedy,” he laughed. I wheezed for a moment, waiting for the tea diluted whiskey to land in my stomach. I fumbled a fruit filled cookie out of my pouch. Normally I loved the things, couldn’t get enough of them. This morning I looked at it and my stomach dropped. No breakfast for me.

When I could speak again, I thanked him for the tea. He reached under the bar and pulled out a folded stack of parchment.

“Speaking of dwarves,” he chuckled at my moan, “This was dropped by for you last night. It’s from that bard friend of yours at the Three Kegs.” I perked up and rubbed my eyes trying to get them to focus. I love getting gossip from Baulder’s Gate, its so much juicer than most of the gossip in Waterdeep. I broke the seal on the stack of parchment and began reading.

It was filled with little vignettes of life in Baulder’s Gate. A silk shop would be opening soon on Drisbalev Avenue, a certain noble had committed an indiscretion, again,,, and various other little topics. I caused my friend to chuckle, reading a couple of the more lurid items.

I absently picked up my mug of tea and took a cautious sip as my eyes scanned the last page of the letter. The mug dropped from my nerveless fingers to shatter on the floor, echoed by a curse from the man behind the bar. My vision grayed around the edges as my eyes focused on the final sentence scratched onto the parchment.

“That assassin fellow who was looking for you is dead, killed by those two you were chumming around with down here.”

The man, who with his anger and cruelty had changed me forever, was dead.

The blackness of shock overwhelmed me and I don’t even recall hitting the floor.

ooc: Nice job with the story Tef. - Lilira

Return to “RP-Quest Discussion”