Defense of Dublyth Kyor

Campaign-Related Roleplay Information

Moderators: Shar, Auril, Eilistraee

Futaz
Sojourner

Defense of Dublyth Kyor

Postby Futaz » Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:23 pm

As the Strike Force gathered around the Ravenor fountain, I worked at assembling the force that will defend Dublyth Kyor from the minions of Auzorm'tvorl. When the time came for the Strike Force to depart I had a sizeable force ready for my city’s defense. With the departure of the Strike Force I led the Defense Force outside the city gates and met up with Nilan’s beloved Deshana. She introduced herself and offered her services. Took her up on her offer and had her commence scouting Mir Forest.

The long wait began. With the scouting reports coming back negative both from the forest and Waterdeep, where I had a spy in place among the defenses of that city, I took advantage of the opportunity to revisit the defenses I had in place in the city proper. I hoped to keep the fighting outside of the walls, but I had to be prepared for the worst.

The first positive report came from Waterdeep. I informed my forces that Waterdeep was under attack and sent Deshana out scouting. She returned verily quickly with the report of meeting a group of sympathizers. She led us to the spot where their corpses lay, she had struck without hesitation and was the first to raise their hand in defense of city, Nilan had chosen well.

Upon inspecting the corpses I discovered their race to be human. Humans have a distinct disadvantage in the forest. The forest of Mir is one place in the Night Above where we can dwell under the daystar’s light. This is because of the deep shadows proved by the tree. These shadows are so deep that those who do not posses enhanced vision are blind, unless they bring with them a source of light. Humans do not have enhanced vision I created a stratagem to maximize on their lack of sight and set forth my forces into the forest.

Deshana was my companion as we fought of the first invasion wave. During the battle I received a report from Waterdeep that tvorlite sympathizers have been spotted within the walls. I quickly sent a scout to the city to make sure we did not have the same problem. The scout came back an reported no sighting of any sympathizers. We successfully fought back this first wave. The tvorlites retreated to the western part of the forest to regroup. While they did this we also regrouped and laid in wait for them. And for a second time they came at us. As we fought this second wave, an undead minion of my spy in Waterdeep came to me to report a rumor that Evermeet’s defenses were faltering. Upon the defeat of the second wave the tvorlites retreated again to the western part of the forest. We took this time to regroup also and count our losses.

Soon after we regrouped the tvorlites came upon us for a third time. This time I went to the front of the battle and join our orc vanguard, which was being led by Mertak. As we fought we were join by the human ranger Teflor. He had some of his equipment that he wore illuminated to prove him a source of light. This proved to be very advantageous to our foes. They rallied and threaten to break though our lines. After dispatching a paladin of Auzorm'tvorl I sought after Teflor, upon reaching him I told him to leave and that is presence was unwelcome here. He replied, ‘Make me.’ I therefore stuck him down with my sword of dancing shadows. The shadows from my sword extinguished him and the illumination on his equipment. With the return of the shadows the orcs rallied.

Our advantage did not last for long. A priest of Shevaresh with an elven war party entered the battle on the side of the tvorlites. This new group began to decimate the orc vanguard. I entered into a lengthy battle with the priest, in the end I had managed to disarm the priest and slay him. I pick up his longbow and slung it over my shoulder. With the defeat of the priest Mertak was able to regroup his orcs and dispose of the remaining elves.

With the defeat of the third wave I sent out sweepers to finish off what was left of the tvorlites. With the elimination of the tvorlites I led our victorious forces back to the city. Upon entering the city we discovered the member of the Strike Force, they too have returned victorious.
Futaz Ul'Saruk de'Dubluth Kyor

Return to “RP-Quest Discussion”