Meanwhile, in Zhentil Keep...

Campaign-Related Roleplay Information

Moderators: Shar, Auril, Eilistraee

Lahgen
Sojourner

Meanwhile, in Zhentil Keep...

Postby Lahgen » Fri Apr 22, 2005 6:00 pm

A familiar figure appeared on the road to Hillsfar, as Lahgen travelled along. He had intended to go to the taverns, to obtain information on the target of his most recent contract. As the figures neared, Lahgen soon recognized it for who it was: the lovely Lilira Shadowlyre, a friend, and occasional enemy, during the war against Auzorm'tvorl, the Vile One.

As he came into sight, Lilira gasped. "Lahgen!" she exclaimed, looking at him.

Lahgen smiled slightly. In his usual, nonchalant tone, he replied, "Well, well..." Before he could continue, Lilira pondered, and stated, "Interesting place to run into you." Lahgen nodded agreement. "Same here, I thought you hated this place..." he replied. "Not fond of it," the other answered, shrugging. "Though my travels take me everywhere..." As she spoke, Lahgen rubbed the sore, scarred ring around his neck.

Lilira noticed, raising her eyebrows in alarm. "What have you been doing to yourself?" she said, frowning. Playing dumb, Lahgen grinned and asked, "What?" As Lilira used her chin to indicate the scar, he replied, "Oh that..." he thought for a moment about what to say, then stated simply, "Those who punish must know punishment."

Lilira peered at him. "Use small words," she said, grinning wryly, "I occasionally miss things." "It's quite simple, really..." Lahgen replied, "I punish myself, and my priestess punishes me...thus, I am a master of punishment...and I will punish those who would escape the law of my Lady." He took a red stained leather whip out of his bag for emphasis, smiling cruelly. As Lilira's eyes widened in startlement, he continued. "In fact...I was about to go fulfill a contract. A client of mine seeks to have a rival suffer for his disrespect." "What has happened to you?" Lilira asked, disbelieving.

Staring at the sky, Lahgen eventually answered. "After returning to Toril, I felt lost...I could no longer call upon my Lord, Finder. I was unsure what happened...I figured perhaps my faith wasn't strong enough to keep my connection to him. You know, after I died." Backing away from him slightly, she replied, "The overlord restored everyone who sacrificed themselves."

Lahgen wheeled around, and turned on her. "Where have you been, anyway? I came to Zhentil Keep in order to find you."

(At this point, the traveller witnessing the exchange got scared and fled off to tell his friends at the pub...)
Kesena OOC: 'i wish my daddy bought me power tools'
Dorgh group-says 'damn, even with Cofen helping Mori, they STILL can't kill someone
Hekanut says 'I know level doesn't matter much, but most won't take seriously if a level 2 claims to be the best thing before, during, and after sliced bread.'

Rather than seeing "subpar race/class," see "challenge."

Return to “RP-Quest Discussion”